Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very eventful day to say the least .. Thank you Jesus for sending that extra size 11 my way for $200.

Before ..
View media item 277778
After ..
View media item 277780
:pimp: :pimp:

Ran into an ol' school Jordan collector on the "other site" who missed out the Royals. Just so happened he had a DS pair of Big Bangs in his collection in my size. Said he was never going to wear them "loud *** colors" and doesn't know why he brought them in the 1st place.

First he wanted $100 on top of the Royals :smh: . After showing him a few listings on ebay that were closing out at $400+ and me willing to drive to Washington Heights( Ninja's Hood :lol:) for a meetup, he backed off his original requested and we traded straight up. :wow:

Salute to the NT homies ColdCity, PeruWhite, and Sneakermane for helping me out with the legit check on the Big Bangs :nthat:

"TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY" :smokin :smokin

To me, these are the shoes of the year. I will cop any blue colorway as it is my favorite color. I have been waiting a long time for these and did not want to pay the price of the 01's. I have been trying to figure out a way to secure a pair ever since they were rumored 
laugh.gif

Same here. I love royal blue and it's just one of those AJ 1 classic colorways. Makes it even better that JB executed them perfectly. I can't say that too often. Very satisfied with these.

Why hate on ColdCity/Jfordays.com ?

He had them for preorder, if you were smart you reacted quick enough to purchase a pair through him. His price was above retail but is now considered a great deal or lucky price. I'm not refreshing a website located in Africa trying to get a pair for $260 a week into release day among other desperate measures. This release was stupid limited. Resellers had a hard time getting them. I'll pay that extra $60 anyway for releases like that. He offered an option and those who exercised it were not let down :smokin

Last edited:
Very eventful day to say the least .. Thank you Jesus for sending that extra size 11 my way for $200.

Before ..
View media item 277778
After ..
View media item 277780

Ran into an ol' school Jordan collector on the "other site" who missed out the Royals. Just so happened he had a DS pair of Big Bangs in his collection in my size. Said he was never going to wear them "loud *** colors" and doesn't know why he brought them in the 1st place.

First he wanted $100 on top of the Royals :smh: . After showing him a few listings on ebay that were closing out at $400+ and me willing to drive to Washington Heights( Ninja's Hood :lol:) for a meetup, he backed off his original requested and we traded straight up. :wow:

Salute to the NT homies ColdCity, PeruWhite, and Sneakermane for helping me out with the legit check on the Big Bangs :nthat:

Nice!

Why hate on ColdCity/Jfordays.com ?

He had them for preorder, if you were smart you reacted quick enough to purchase a pair through him. His price was above retail but is now considered a great deal or lucky price. I'm not refreshing a website located in Africa trying to get a pair for $260 a week into release day among other desperate measures. This release was stupid limited. Resellers had a hard time getting them. I'll pay that extra $60 anyway for releases like that. He offered an option and those who exercised it were not let down :smokin

Foolish of me to not even check with Colds website. Oh well you snooze you ...

Shoe of the year! Justification for spending $350 on a $140 shoe!!!

Am I the only one who can't turn away from this thread because of how badly it derailed? Friday looks like a friggin party compared to this ish. I've never seen an uglier release. At least with the Y2's the bar was set pretty low. Most cats didn't feel entitled to a pair even if the NaCl was being railed like some pure Peruvian. This release has dudes thinking that the world will end if they can't cop a pair today or tomorrow or the next day.

Just remember: 2001's were going for $300 and $350 DS last week. Once all of you stop eating the hype up like you're at fat camp there will be pairs dropping in price and more releases that dudes will want to trade their Royals for. In the mean time I'm just going to continue to laugh at all of you guys while I wait for my (cheap) pairs to come in.

Last edited:
Just scored my second pair for $200 locally my size 11 :smokin

Bout to trade that 10.5 from yesterday for DS Big Bangs. The Royal thirst is REAL LOL!
If only I can find someone to trade me some damn Big Bangs.  :lol:

You would've been extra salty if I got my hands on his 2003 DS Black/Red 12's :lol: I know those are still on our list .... but dude was having no parts of that deal, I even offered $200 on top of the Royals for them, still wouldn't budge :smh: . Happy I got the Big Bangs tho, Miami Nights up next then I can shut down my LBJ 9 collection.

Before ..

After ..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

First he wanted $100 on top of the Royals
mean.gif
. After showing him a few listings on ebay that were closing out at $400+ and me willing to drive to Washington Heights( Ninja's Hood
laugh.gif
) for a meetup, he backed off his original requested and we traded straight up.
eek.gif

Salute to the NT homies ColdCity, PeruWhite, and Sneakermane for helping me out with the legit check on the Big Bangs
nthat.gif

"TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY"
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I've seen people try and trade bangs for royals and were asked to add cash to the bangs!

they do....just send them an email....I got quoted $228.64 shipped for a size 12.......they only take CC payment though.....hope this helps.....
http://www.k101store.com/collections/jordan/products/air-jordan-1-high-retro

THANK YOU! saw the info about the store earlier but everyone said they werent shipping outside australia so i didnt bother.
but i just put an order in for my size 14... its $228 AUS so $244.xx USD. more than what i wanted to pay but oh well.. they also said they mark it as a gift.
i can finally rest now lol. :D

Thats where a family member of mine bought mine. He also said the royals are still in stock.
Hey do you know if they are the same sizes at US? I heard they run a 1/2 smaller? Please let me know, I'm thinking of picking up! 

I've been lurking here for the last 5 days, just trying to get a pair like everyone else that hasn't. Nonetheless, thanks for all the info NT'ers. Deeply appreciated!

Shoe of the year! Justification for spending $350 on a $140 shoe!!!

Am I the only one who can't turn away from this thread because of how badly it derailed? Friday looks like a friggin party compared to this ish. I've never seen an uglier release. At least with the Y2's the bar was set pretty low. Most cats didn't feel entitled to a pair even if the NaCl was being railed like some pure Peruvian. This release has dudes thinking that the world will end if they can't cop a pair today or tomorrow or the next day.

Just remember: 2001's were going for $300 and $350 DS last week. Once all of you stop eating the hype up like you're at fat camp there will be pairs dropping in price and more releases that dudes will want to trade their Royals for. In the mean time I'm just going to continue to laugh at all of you guys while I wait for my (cheap) pairs to come in.
But... what if your wrong 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Before ..
View media item 277778
After ..
View media item 277780

Nice.... I tried making the same deal wit someone n he wanted 100$ on top also I was like man L'eggo my egging and dipped he supposley wasn't feeling the Royal's but didn't mind trading for them ..yeh ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom