Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same thing about a possible conditioner for the leather. I've never used anything like that on shoes before. And I was also wondering how many of you are wear or plan to wear your 1's with sneaker shields/force fields. I've never had any before, but I was wondering about it for these since it seems like getting a second pair to keep fresh isn't likely right now, and I'd like to keep these looking good for as long as possible
I am wearing mine with Sneakershields and they're great. You can cut them to your preference with scissors.

Copped a second pair for $175. 
nthat.gif

I love having friends around the world.

I am wearing mine with Sneakershields and they're great. You can cut them to your preference with scissors.

Still feel okay with your TTS? I tried wearing the shields with my black cement 3's and my damn toes were no liking em after a few hrs. Maybe cuz I didn't cut em. lol

People talk about shipment an Chinese New Years but nike had no problems with the Area 72 pack and the ASG sneaks. I think people are just wishful thinking.

DS pairs of 2001s were selling for $300 last week? 
laugh.gif
 Someone should have told me this and I would have scooped up every single pair.

DS pairs of 2001s were selling for $300 last week? 
laugh.gif

Someone should have told me this and I would have scooped up every single pair.

You'd have to go back a week before it was raining salt in here, and you'd find there was a dude who posted a pic of the pair he picked up DS for $300, and another guy who grabbed em for $350 DS. A couple others were asking about trades for DS 2001's. I'm not saying you could hop on the bay and find FSRs of 2001's for $300, but $300-$400 seems to be market price for 2001's over the past year or so.

I didn't say $250 was outrageous. Most dudes are paying $300+. Guys are bidding on eBay pairs that have days left and are already clearing 320, 350. Most of these overseas sites are $300 minimum shipped (plus likely customs).

Nearly every Jordan release from the past year has been going for 50-60 over retail a month out, but in the first week after release many were going for 100+ above retail. Why would you pay $150-$200 over retail right now when you could wait? DS pairs of 2001's were selling for $300-$350 last week. So why on earth would someone think these are going to go up beyond what they are at right now (300-350)? I guarantee the result a month from now if you purchase it isn't worse than it is today. And I'd be willing to bet some money that it's less than it is today.

I know, facts are hard to deal with sometimes son.

This guy has something going on.

No matter what how you see it these Royals don't compare to Banneds at all besides maybe total amount of pairs made but even I find that skeptical. Banneds will always be a pair remembered by this new hypebeast generation but Royals will always be a retro, one that is slightly lacking in quality compared to the 2001 version so at best

200 is the 'steal' or **** it its getting shipped / saved hours of camping

250 is that reasonable resell price based the hype of this one colorway

300 and above is when you start feeling desperate and you must secure that first tts pair

If I can't get these for retail then it is what it is. I'm now paying a penny more for the "Chuck Taylor" of Jordans.

My 2¢

Last edited:
DB9's were also at $600+ in the first week after release. Oh my how they have dropped in value. 1/3 in two months. That's my point. Even the most limited release will drop over the first two months. Sure, long run those may jump to 600, 700, 800, but not anytime soon.

I am not doubting your logic, what you are saying is basic economics and for some reason people arent seeing this. The aftermarket prices on these will drop and then go back up when ebay, cl, and forums start to run dry.

Cheapest realistic price for banned 1s anyone?

Who knows. Like I said I saw them going for 400-450 on the B/S in size 11 before Christmas. But you have to figure dudes see how foolish people are with 2013 Royals that don't even compare (on multiple levels) and they'll be jacking them up. If eBay is selling pairs for $550 right now, you'd best believe there are 400-500 pairs out there.

Still feel okay with your TTS? I tried wearing the shields with my black cement 3's and my damn toes were no liking em after a few hrs. Maybe cuz I didn't cut em. lol
Keep cutting them until they're comfy. I do see most people recommend going half a size up if you're going to use shields.

Who knows. Like I said I saw them going for 400-450 on the B/S in size 11 before Christmas. But you have to figure dudes see how foolish people are with 2013 Royals that don't even compare (on multiple levels) and they'll be jacking them up. If eBay is selling pairs for $550 right now, you'd best believe there are 400-500 pairs out there.
Ok that's very helpful. Best idea is wait a few months then and see if I can get them cheaper I suppose

LOL it was sarcasm but if you can't answer the question then move along.

Confirmation of what?

Edit: he changed his reply. It just said "No" at first. I re-read and see he received confirmation. My pair has yet to ship from Eastbay. I don't see what that changes. These were backordered and throughout the thread dudes have said they've talked to spots that didn't get their full shipment or a shipment at all.

Last edited:
DS banned 1s like a month ago on eBay were $750+++

Obviously now prices are absurd but I feel like under $500 is a steal at this point. Only good price I saw was beat up badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom