Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmation of what? I don't even know what the hell you're referring to. I don't see any mention of the word confirmation on the last two pages. But please, enlighten me.

Da shoefreak replied to you and said he's received his confirmation on eastbay. I'm assuming you've had your eyes closed while scrolling through the last 2 pages but that's okay! I'm here to enlighten you :D

Last edited:
Personally, i think $400-$500. Anything more than that, I'm good. I would even feel guilty spending that kind of cash on shoes that i won't even wear.
I've searched before royals were released and the price was high then and is high now too. Only ebay and Craigslist. From what I read they hit the outlets in mass numbers and many had defects (like all b-grades do). Something else I suppose a buyer should be aware of

Da ahoefreak replied to you and said he's received his confirmation on eastbay. I'm assuming you've had your eyes closed while scrolling through the last 2 pages but that's okay! I'm here to enlighten you :D

As I just said, shoefreak originally replied "No" and then edited his reply to include that his pair shipped. I haven't seen any talk on here of Eastbay pairs shipping and mine has yet to ship. Doesn't change the fact that Eastbay was backordered and knew it before RD. Same with other places. Clearly the Chinese New Year was part of the reason these are not in everyone's hands and on feet (or ebay in full) yet.

Just checked ebay and the average price for a deadstock pair is ~$1000

Like I mentioned earlier there is only 1 pair in size 9 up and they're at $1400 BIN.
Ugh. I know a lot of owners hate when this happens but I really am wishing Nike re-releases them at the end of this year

Does anyone in here have Banned 1s AND royal 1s. I would love to know if the toe box height is the same on both

I've searched before royals were released and the price was high then and is high now too. Only ebay and Craigslist. From what I read they hit the outlets in mass numbers and many had defects (like all b-grades do). Something else I suppose a buyer should be aware of

Not really true. There were about 9K released and most had no visible B-grade defects. Neither of my pairs do (see the pic on the previous page). The boxes were just stamped with B's. That was the beauty of the release. They weren't defective!

Not really true. There were about 9K released and most had no visible B-grade defects. Neither of my pairs do (see the pic on the previous page). The boxes were just stamped with B's. That was the beauty of the release. They weren't defective!
So why'd Nike even bother stamping them if there were no defects?

View media item 278097

A little hard to tell in the pic, but don't forget to protect that N/A on the inside with a piece of tape 
grin.gif

wouldnt the tape mess up the NA if you take it off?

It was all apart of the story with the kicks if I remember correctly.

I don't recall there being a story to the b-grade stamping. When everyone got them and started inspecting, posting pics it was revealed that pretty much all of them were in better shape than most retro releases. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and there's more backstory to it.

As I just said, shoefreak originally replied "No" and then edited his reply to include that his pair shipped. I haven't seen any talk on here of Eastbay pairs shipping and mine has yet to ship. Doesn't change the fact that Eastbay was backordered and knew it before RD. Same with other places. Clearly the Chinese New Year was part of the reason these are not in everyone's hands and on feet (or ebay in full) yet.

I highly doubt there will be a full restcck of these like the way the other retros restocked. I know eastbay back ordered them and there may be a chance they would receive more sneakers or even put back online cancelled orders. Sneakers spots that get every release here received 13 pairs total for 1 store. I know some that got 6. These will be the same as the Knicks 1s except not too many people wanted those.

DS pairs of 2001s were selling for $300 last week? 
laugh.gif

Someone should have told me this and I would have scooped up every single pair.

Maybe size 8's. I've been looking for a size 10.5 for months, but could never find a nice one for less than $450. I've seen some for slightly less, but they were suspect looking. A guy finding a pair for $300 DS doesnt mean that shoe is going for $300 everywhere. He found a great deal. That happens every once in a while. Its like dudes trading Space Jams for Black/Red XI! Very shocking to some

Keep in mind, I only mess with ebay, I dont do Craigs List, so maybe there's deals out there. I just havent seen it.

I dont understand all this commotion about people paying $300+ for these. Who cares, its their money. You guys act like 100% of all people copping are sneakerheads and actually understand that being patient CAN pay off. Some people dont give a damn and will pay the money to secure their pair, like myself. I paid double for one pair and traded Black/Red XI's for a 2nd pair, and I feel damn good about it (the XI was copped for retail, and it was my 4th pair, .5 size too big). No regrets. I'm extremely confident these are not going to all of a sudden be plentiful. How often does that happen, really? I paid more now just in case these did happen to get crazy like the Banned 1's. My ROyal purchase really was affected by the way the Banned 1's played out. I dont know how many times I could have copped for less than $300 the first 4-6 weeks those came out. I still kick myself to this day. I could pay the $700 it would take for me to grab one now, but it makes me sick to know I could have had it for $275.

Major retailers BARELY had any pairs for this release. We would need thousands to flood the market to slow this train down. Not happening. Its wishful thinking. I know of 3 spots that are expecting their shipment this week. All 3 have less than 25 pairs combined coming in. This is in LA. What does eastbay not having their shipment have anything to do with the potential of more pairs being released. Are we saying they only sold some pairs? I took it as if they knew they were geting such and such amount, and sold that exact amount of RD. They sold out before they were released! Restocks wont put a dent in this madness. It won't. Be real. WOUld be great if it happened, but its not. Hope I'm wrong. I wont be butt hurt.

I hope they restock as I would scoop up as many as possible but hearing numbers straight from corporate that they wouldn't release too many pairs made me camp (kinda) on release date to secure my pairs.

Who knows. Like I said I saw them going for 400-450 on the B/S in size 11 before Christmas. But you have to figure dudes see how foolish people are with 2013 Royals that don't even compare (on multiple levels) and they'll be jacking them up. If eBay is selling pairs for $550 right now, you'd best believe there are 400-500 pairs out there.

PLEASE point me in the right direction for a size 10.5 in the $400-$500 range please. I havent seen that in a LONG time.

Maybe size 8's. I've been looking for a size 10.5 for months, but could never find a nice one for less than $450. I've seen some for slightly less, but they were suspect looking. A guy finding a pair for $300 DS doesnt mean that shoe is going for $300 everywhere. He found a great deal. That happens every once in a while. Its like dudes trading Space Jams for Black/Red XI! Very shocking to some

Keep in mind, I only mess with ebay, I dont do Craigs List, so maybe there's deals out there. I just havent seen it.

I dont understand all this commotion about people paying $300+ for these. Who cares, its their money. You guys act like 100% of all people copping are sneakerheads and actually understand that being patient CAN pay off. Some people dont give a damn and will pay the money to secure their pair, like myself. I paid double for one pair and traded Black/Red XI's for a 2nd pair, and I feel damn good about it (the XI was copped for retail, and it was my 4th pair, .5 size too big). No regrets. I'm extremely confident these are not going to all of a sudden be plentiful. How often does that happen, really? I paid more now just in case these did happen to get crazy like the Banned 1's. My ROyal purchase really was affected by the way the Banned 1's played out. I dont know how many times I could have copped for less than $300 the first 4-6 weeks those came out. I still kick myself to this day. I could pay the $700 it would take for me to grab one now, but it makes me sick to know I could have had it for $275.

Major retailers BARELY had any pairs for this release. We would need thousands to flood the market to slow this train down. Not happening. Its wishful thinking. I know of 3 spots that are expecting their shipment this week. All 3 have less than 25 pairs combined coming in. This is in LA. What does eastbay not having their shipment have anything to do with the potential of more pairs being released. Are we saying they only sold some pairs? I took it as if they knew they were geting such and such amount, and sold that exact amount of RD. They sold out before they were released! Restocks wont put a dent in this madness. It won't. Be real. WOUld be great if it happened, but its not. Hope I'm wrong. I wont be butt hurt.
One of the best and most insightful posts I've seen in a while. Golf clap.

wouldnt the tape mess up the NA if you take it off?
I don't know about super long-term, but it has worked on shoes I have had for over a year and the tape didn't harm it. You shouldn't have a reason to take it off though :smile:. If you want to go one step further, just buy a different insert and save the Nike ones (if you're that hard core of a collector).

People like you don't realize that the more people buy into the hype the more it affects the long-term price of the shoes, the more it perpetuates resellers, etc. "Oh that shoe was going for $400... I can get $400." No buddy, you usually can't is my response. It perpetuates ignorance from chumps trying to model their hustle after these resellers. If people were smart enough to wait it out, resellers would move on. Resellers are FLIPPING stock. They don't want to sit on pairs for even a week, let alone a month or two. That happens enough times and they move onto another hustle.

The only reason resellers are still going strong is because of the impatience from ignorant sneakerheads.

I don't care what you spend your money on or how much you pay cause it's not my money, but I care about people getting shoes for the right price and I care about the community looking out for each other and informing each other. How some guys can be in retro thread after thread and not be smart enough to see the trend that happens every release... I don't get it. These same guys complain about resellers but can't figure out if these guys sit on shoes and don't get what they're looking for that it hurts them? Hurt the resellers, not yourselves. THAT is what community is about. Sorry that's lost on you.

Last edited:
People like you don't realize that the more people buy into the hype the more it affects the long-term price of the shoes, the more it perpetuates resellers, etc. "Oh that shoe was going for $400... I can get $400." No buddy, you usually can't is my response. It perpetuates ignorance from chumps trying to model their hustle after these resellers. If people were smart enough to wait it out, resellers would move on. Resellers are FLIPPING stock. They don't want to sit on pairs for even a week, let alone a month or two. That happens enough times and they move onto another hustle.

The only reason resellers are still going strong is because of the impatience from ignorant sneakerheads.

I don't care what you spend your money on or how much you pay cause it's not my money, but I care about people getting shoes for the right price and I care about the community looking out for each other and informing each other. How some guys can be in retro thread after thread and not be smart enough to see the trend that happens every release... I don't get it. These same guys complain about resellers but can't figure out if these guys sit on shoes and don't get what they're looking for that it hurts them? Hurt the resellers, not yourselves. THAT is what community is about. Sorry that's lost on you.
Also a good point. I see both sides. Interesting. Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom