Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE point me in the right direction for a size 10.5 in the $400-$500 range please. I havent seen that in a LONG time.

Like I said, there was a DS pair on the B/S back in November that went for that. I don't even mess with ebay and CL. That's where all the millionaire dreamers trying to hustle are at. Go on there now and you'll find some cats trying to sell Fire Red V's for $285 too :lol:

Thats another good point

Their were hints in the months leading up to this release from various sources that these would be extremely limited, everybody wrote it off as hype tho

Post release we've all witnessed this and people are still saying there are more pairs coming, doesnt make any sense logically

If shipping was just 'delayed' then how did people know months in advance that these would be so scarce come release day?

Does anyone in here have Banned 1s AND royal 1s. I would love to know if the toe box height is the same on both

I have both and yes, the toebox height is the same on both. the difference is that the Royals are higher. The Royals are pretty much the same high cut as the 1994s

Thats another good point

Their were hints in the months leading up to this release from various sources that these would be extremely limited, everybody wrote it off as hype tho

Post release we've all witnessed this and people are still saying there are more pairs coming, doesnt make any sense logically

If shipping was just 'delayed' then how did people know months in advance that these would be so scarce come release day?

Thank you! Agreed 100%

Maybe size 8's. I've been looking for a size 10.5 for months, but could never find a nice one for less than $450. I've seen some for slightly less, but they were suspect looking. A guy finding a pair for $300 DS doesnt mean that shoe is going for $300 everywhere. He found a great deal. That happens every once in a while. Its like dudes trading Space Jams for Black/Red XI! Very shocking to some

Keep in mind, I only mess with ebay, I dont do Craigs List, so maybe there's deals out there. I just havent seen it.

I dont understand all this commotion about people paying $300+ for these. Who cares, its their money. You guys act like 100% of all people copping are sneakerheads and actually understand that being patient CAN pay off. Some people dont give a damn and will pay the money to secure their pair, like myself. I paid double for one pair and traded Black/Red XI's for a 2nd pair, and I feel damn good about it (the XI was copped for retail, and it was my 4th pair, .5 size too big). No regrets. I'm extremely confident these are not going to all of a sudden be plentiful. How often does that happen, really? I paid more now just in case these did happen to get crazy like the Banned 1's. My ROyal purchase really was affected by the way the Banned 1's played out. I dont know how many times I could have copped for less than $300 the first 4-6 weeks those came out. I still kick myself to this day. I could pay the $700 it would take for me to grab one now, but it makes me sick to know I could have had it for $275.

Major retailers BARELY had any pairs for this release. We would need thousands to flood the market to slow this train down. Not happening. Its wishful thinking. I know of 3 spots that are expecting their shipment this week. All 3 have less than 25 pairs combined coming in. This is in LA. What does eastbay not having their shipment have anything to do with the potential of more pairs being released. Are we saying they only sold some pairs? I took it as if they knew they were geting such and such amount, and sold that exact amount of RD. They sold out before they were released! Restocks wont put a dent in this madness. It won't. Be real. WOUld be great if it happened, but its not. Hope I'm wrong. I wont be butt hurt.

People like you don't realize that the more people buy into the hype the more it affects the long-term price of the shoes, the more it perpetuates resellers, etc. "Oh that shoe was going for $400... I can get $400." No buddy, you usually can't is my response. It perpetuates ignorance from chumps trying to model their hustle after these resellers. If people were smart enough to wait it out, resellers would move on. Resellers are FLIPPING stock. They don't want to sit on pairs for even a week, let alone a month or two. That happens enough times and they move onto another hustle.

The only reason resellers are still going strong is because of the impatience from ignorant sneakerheads.

I don't care what you spend your money on or how much you pay cause it's not my money, but I care about people getting shoes for the right price and I care about the community looking out for each other and informing each other. How some guys can be in retro thread after thread and not be smart enough to see the trend that happens every release... I don't get it. These same guys complain about resellers but can't figure out if these guys sit on shoes and don't get what they're looking for that it hurts them? Hurt the resellers, not yourselves. THAT is what community is about. Sorry that's lost on you.

RFT. chuuuurch

Thats another good point

I never once claimed these weren't limited. If you back to last week, I was the one trying to tell people they were and that it wouldn't be an easy cop. I'm also the guy trying to talk sense into people dropping $300-$350 (or more) on a pair right now out of desperation. Why do that when history tells us these - like all releases - will drop down before they go back up? Most of us don't even rock our pairs right out of the gate. But it will be the impatient guys complaining about getting bent over, you can bet that!

I think this shoe ends up in the $250-$275 range. If you can find it in there, you're doing good. If you're doing $300 shipped from overseas and still probably going to get hit with customs, you're doing it wrong and you're helping advance the agenda of your local hustler/reseller. How is that good for the community moving forward?

Maybe size 8's. I've been looking for a size 10.5 for months, but could never find a nice one for less than $450. I've seen some for slightly less, but they were suspect looking. A guy finding a pair for $300 DS doesnt mean that shoe is going for $300 everywhere. He found a great deal. That happens every once in a while. Its like dudes trading Space Jams for Black/Red XI! Very shocking to some

Keep in mind, I only mess with ebay, I dont do Craigs List, so maybe there's deals out there. I just havent seen it.

I dont understand all this commotion about people paying $300+ for these. Who cares, its their money. You guys act like 100% of all people copping are sneakerheads and actually understand that being patient CAN pay off. Some people dont give a damn and will pay the money to secure their pair, like myself. I paid double for one pair and traded Black/Red XI's for a 2nd pair, and I feel damn good about it (the XI was copped for retail, and it was my 4th pair, .5 size too big). No regrets. I'm extremely confident these are not going to all of a sudden be plentiful. How often does that happen, really? I paid more now just in case these did happen to get crazy like the Banned 1's. My ROyal purchase really was affected by the way the Banned 1's played out. I dont know how many times I could have copped for less than $300 the first 4-6 weeks those came out. I still kick myself to this day. I could pay the $700 it would take for me to grab one now, but it makes me sick to know I could have had it for $275.

Major retailers BARELY had any pairs for this release. We would need thousands to flood the market to slow this train down. Not happening. Its wishful thinking. I know of 3 spots that are expecting their shipment this week. All 3 have less than 25 pairs combined coming in. This is in LA. What does eastbay not having their shipment have anything to do with the potential of more pairs being released. Are we saying they only sold some pairs? I took it as if they knew they were geting such and such amount, and sold that exact amount of RD. They sold out before they were released! Restocks wont put a dent in this madness. It won't. Be real. WOUld be great if it happened, but its not. Hope I'm wrong. I wont be butt hurt.
People like you don't realize that the more people buy into the hype the more it affects the long-term price of the shoes, the more it perpetuates resellers, etc. "Oh that shoe was going for $400... I can get $400." No buddy, you usually can't is my response. It perpetuates ignorance from chumps trying to model their hustle after these resellers. If people were smart enough to wait it out, resellers would move on. Resellers are FLIPPING stock. They don't want to sit on pairs for even a week, let alone a month or two. That happens enough times and they move onto another hustle.

The only reason resellers are still going strong is because of the impatience from ignorant sneakerheads.

I don't care what you spend your money on or how much you pay cause it's not my money, but I care about people getting shoes for the right price and I care about the community looking out for each other and informing each other. How some guys can be in retro thread after thread and not be smart enough to see the trend that happens every release... I don't get it. These same guys complain about resellers but can't figure out if these guys sit on shoes and don't get what they're looking for that it hurts them? Hurt the resellers, not yourselves. THAT is what community is about. Sorry that's lost on you.

I think we can all agree that we definitely underestimated greatly their availability numbers. Someone made a good point about this earlier. Claiming Nike did this purposely to drive up hype and resale value because the sneakers were prices too high to begin with for retail. You buy for $250+ and think $140 is a steal.

I took it one step further and said maybe the black toes will be a more wider release and Nike is just trying to ensure they will fly off the shelves at $140/ pair. Because let's face it the royal colorway is obviously the more popular of the 2. People won't be sleeping on black toes out of fear if they miss out then they face reseller rape.

I never once claimed these weren't limited. If you back to last week, I was the one trying to tell people they were and that it wouldn't be an easy cop. I'm also the guy trying to talk sense into people dropping $300-$350 (or more) on a pair right now out of desperation. Why do that when history tells us these - like all releases - will drop down before they go back up? Most of us don't even rock our pairs right out of the gate. But it will be the impatient guys complaining about getting bent over, you can bet that!

I think this shoe ends up in the $250-$275 range. If you can find it in there, you're doing good. If you're doing $300 shipped from overseas and still probably going to get hit with customs, you're doing it wrong and you're helping advance the agenda of your local hustler/reseller. How is that good for the community moving forward?

Locally around here the average price is 225 so I don't see it being that different from anywhere else. You're right, people are too impatient.

Not really true. There were about 9K released and most had no visible B-grade defects. Neither of my pairs do (see the pic on the previous page). The boxes were just stamped with B's. That was the beauty of the release. They weren't defective!

They absolutely were defective. I was at the first release at citadel outlets in Southern California. There were tons of mess ups and irregularities. Stamped or otherwise. The dye on a lot of them were messed up. Bad swooshes with really frayed edges. As soon as I got them I didn't want them. Sold them for some ds 2001s. One of the most overhyped shoes ever.

I know. Half this forum barely got past a 5th grade reading level. Reading might actually knock some sense into skulls around here. That'd be a cryin shame!

Thats another good point

Well there was some delay, I know two spots locally who had a delay as well as at least one international site that is still yet to receive there pair. These were limited no doubt but there also were some delays in there.... probably not enough to make a dent in demand right now.

I completely understand that, I do. But in this instance, how's my patience doing by sitting out the Banned 1's? I'm hear holding my nut sack wondering what I was thinking. its like gambling. You always remember the tough beats over the big wins. I feel the same way with the Banned 1's.

My purchase was strictly off a hunch that we wouldnt see these at $250 anytime soon. Was it a gamble? Sure. But I was laughing at everyone who thought this would be an easy cop over a month ago, in this thread. People underestimated this release, and in all honesty, I think those are the same dudes upset right now because they underestimated. I just dont see these being available for less than $250. i hope it happens so most who wanted these can cop. I'm not here fingers crossed hoping these dont fall under $250. Hell, I'll cop another if it does. But tell me, how often do people over pay for something, only to have that shoe be readily available a couple of months later.

I'm amazed at the lack of pairs you're seeing on ebay or cl. AMAZED. I dont think I've seen less pairs on those two sites, ever, for a release. Sure, those who copped off eastbay havent received their pairs, but really, how many pairs do you think they had? 1000? I dont think so. Resellers not having their pairs yet hasnt stopped them from posting an auction in the past.

Oh eBay hasn't even seen FNL and Eastbay pairs yet. Obviously there aren't going to be a ton if the US did get only around 10-15K, but again, everyone overreacted on day 1 and started dropping 3 bills on these. It's absurd.

View media item 278097

A little hard to tell in the pic, but don't forget to protect that N/A on the inside with a piece of tape 
grin.gif

smart thinking, i did the exact same thing. because of the tape trick i still have some of the Nike Air left in my 1994 Chicagos.

and for those who keep saying these will restock, its time to give it up. this release is extremely reminiscent of the Olive 9 retro a few months ago. People saw that they were going to retro and people thought it would be a easy cop that would be discounted and marked down drastically. Jordan Brand remembered how poorly they sold back in 2002 and decided to make them very limited. in person, ive only seen one person wearing them. these royals are the same way. there wont be a re-release, there won't be mass restocks, this release was just extremely limited. why? because these have a mysterious mystique about them. theyre the polar opposite of the Banned 1s. Jordan Brand isnt just going to produce 500,000 pairs of a near perfect Jordan 1 Royal. these sat back in 1994. They moved alright in 2001 but the Jordan 1 as a shoe has been diluted over the years by a million different variations and the shoe needed OG colorways to garner interest in the silhouette again. This Royal 1 was Jordan Brand's Golden Goose.

i wouldnt be surprised if Black Toes were made in this same amount. yet the Jumpman Air pairs will be a general release beyond belief >D

I swear to God I called FNL the day before release to straighten up some bs with my winner circle points and also clear up the release date info.

The customer service rep told me "oh yeah these are OG, so we'll release about 50 pairs through the website..."

I said "50?"
He said "yes"

I said "5 and just one 0 after that?"
He laughed and said "yes"

He proceeded to tell me most Jordan releases however see about 3000 pairs come across their website for sale. I dismissed his proclamation at the time because twitter FNL was telling me they were NOT releasing them. They were DM'ing. I told the customer rep guy this and he's like oh well they'll sometimes tell us last minute if they'll release them on the website but they definitely are.

I was like ok so this is ********. I'm going with what the twitter says. Now I'm starting to think 50 wasn't far off since the rep ended up being right.

All the international sites I came across had them for them in the upper 100s, even with shipping and getting hit with and the possibility of customs you are looking at still 250??

I say if you find them anywhere in the 190-250 range hop on that grenade because anything close to retail (unless the phantom restock happens) is a pipe dream at this point.

Of course that is just my opinion, its your bread... eat it how you want.

Last edited:
This is our first quickstrike of 2013, I guess we're not use to this anymore due to nike.com and fnl.com spoiling us with restocks every other week.
Yep. Time to do ya homework and build relationships and connections again like humans used to do a time again instead of clicking away staring at a computer screen. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom