Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traded my DB IX for DS Concords and CG IX last week (Size 11). You'll be hard pressed to get a shoe that's going for 300 and another that's going for 300-350 for your DB IX at this point. I think Either one of those plus another GR would be a fair deal, but the DB's have dropped off a bit. I'd hang onto them until next winter if you really want to maximize a trade for 2 $300 pairs.
Yeah don't think I want to wait til next winter. I'm kinda tired of having these damn shoes already 
laugh.gif
. You're right, I'm prob just asking for a bit too much. The either one and a GR is probably my best bet. 

Yeah don't think I want to wait til next winter. I'm kinda tired of having these damn shoes already 
laugh.gif

. You're right, I'm prob just asking for a bit too much. The either one and a GR is probably my best bet. 

You could always sell it for retail+shipping :nerd:

slept on these didnt think they would sell out within 10 SECONDS on Fnl.

fixed.

Last edited:
slept on these didnt think they would sell out within 10 minutes on Fnl.
They were sold out BEFORE 8am on FNL. And they did it on purpose bc their automated message at 8 was already set up to say that. Knowing what they had it wasn't a bad move on their part, but clearly they got a small shipment which is why there's speculation they could restock (on a secondary shipment). We'll see.

Anybody else surprised they went with leather for the swoosh? The '01s were nubuck and jordan brand seems to be cheaping on materials lately.

They were sold out BEFORE 8am on FNL. And they did it on purpose bc their automated message at 8 was already set up to say that. Knowing what they had it wasn't a bad move on their part, but clearly they got a small shipment which is why there's speculation they could restock (on a secondary shipment). We'll see.

I was at product page at 4:58 PST :smokin loaded in cart and gave me an error at payment... "supposedly" size 8 was already sold out... str8 BS! :smh: oh well

If they are as limited as everyone says they are why aren't they numbered like the 01's

Last edited:
If they are as limited as everyone says they are why aren't they numbered like the 01's or the banned?
Just because they aren't numbered doesn't mean they aren't limited. Plenty of limited kicks out there that aren't numbered.

My theory is that all the pairs that were produced weren't sold yet. Whether Nike has stock or any of the main retailers have stock, they will most likely be restocked at some point. They are waiting to sell them. Looked at what happened to the Bred XIs, hell even the Invisible Cloak Kobes. Restocked several times in fairly large quantities.

Or, they are letting hype build and are going to wait a few months and make some more pairs so they will be an instant sell out, just like the 88 IIIs.

Last edited:
Just because they aren't numbered doesn't mean they aren't limited. Plenty of limited kicks out there that aren't numbered.

My theory is that all the pairs that were produced weren't sold yet. Whether Nike has stock or any of the main retailers have stock, they will most likely be restocked at some point. They are waiting to sell them. Looked at what happened to the Bred XIs, hell even the Invisible Cloak Kobes. Restocked several times in fairly large quantities.

Or, they are letting hype build and are going to wait a few months and make some more pairs so they will be an instant sell out, just like the 88 IIIs.
Ok wait, so are we saying their were more or less of these then the Banned 1s?  People tend to say that the Banneds were limited to around 10k and saying these were 25k, but everyone says how easy the Banned 1s were to get if you knew about it and spots or outlets that got em had over 100 pairs, doesnt make sense to me...

I say all that to say this, if they didnt restock the Banned 1s what makes you think they'll restock these?

:smh: Just pulled the trigger on my first pair too. Didn't want this to turn into a banned situation. Will keep a lookout for a second pair at retail.

This was the first release I came up empty handed online, kinda dissapointed but I got over it..but I'm keeping my eyes out for a size 10.5 if anyone could help me out with that it would be awesome and greatly appreciated

i suggest everyone just wait till the people who ordered from FnL, EB, and FA get their pairs this week. There will be more for sale and we will see how the prices go. but at the end of the day this shoe was bought up by people who want to rock them not sell them. 

These shoes were never intended to release widely just because they are OG style and they know how bad people wanted them. They rerelease all the "Jumpman logo" stuff in large quantities. 

These shoes were comparable to the Retro 88's.

Stores got like 4-5 pairs of the Royals that I know usually get 25-50 on other Jordans. 

I do think they'll make a restock. It's all part of Nikes marketing plan, but it will go QUICK. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom