Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok wait, so are we saying their were more or less of these then the Banned 1s?  People tend to say that the Banneds were limited to around 10k and saying these were 25k, but everyone says how easy the Banned 1s were to get if you knew about it and spots or outlets that got em had over 100 pairs, doesnt make sense to me...

I say all that to say this, if they didnt restock the Banned 1s what makes you think they'll restock these?

As for production numbers, I will never believe anything unless we hear it from Jordan Brand or Nike themselves.

These numbers spread from simple guestimates from someone who works retail, and then shares with a friend, and then posts on websites.

Too many people claim...."my guy works for JB...he told me." Cm'on man. 8)

PLEASE KEEP RESTOCK INFORMATION TO YOURSELF OR THROUGH PM'S
DO YOUR HOMEOWORK
grin.gif
 jk

Last edited:
These shoes were never intended to release widely just because they are OG style and they know how bad people wanted them. They rerelease all the "Jumpman logo" stuff in large quantities. 

These shoes were comparable to the Retro 88's.

Stores got like 4-5 pairs of the Royals that I know usually get 25-50 on other Jordans. 

I do think they'll make a restock. It's all part of Nikes marketing plan, but it will go QUICK. 
if these were comparable to '88s

id have 4 pairs and not 1.

Ok wait, so are we saying their were more or less of these then the Banned 1s?  People tend to say that the Banneds were limited to around 10k and saying these were 25k, but everyone says how easy the Banned 1s were to get if you knew about it and spots or outlets that got em had over 100 pairs, doesnt make sense to me...

I say all that to say this, if they didnt restock the Banned 1s what makes you think they'll restock these?
They didn't restock the Banneds because they just didn't have any more pairs. They originally were going to make it a GR or a regular release but scrapped the idea and decided to still sell the pairs they had already made so they wouldn't lose money. 

And they were easier to get than the Royals because NOBODY knew about them. Those that knew about them and wanted them were able to get them because there was virtually no hype behind them until after the fact. 

EVERYONE knew about these. They may or may have not been produced in limited quantities, we will never know until Nike actually says so. Just everyone wanted these + the hype around all star weekend releases just compounded together and created the perfect storm to not get these.

I do think they will restock these simply because a lot of companies (Finishline) are tending to sit on supply and not sell all their stock on release day. They did the exact same thing for the Bred XIs and those were fairly hard to get on release day considering they sold out at all outlets online. And yet they restocked SEVERAL times since then. Hell they even had Concords still left, aruably the shoe with the most hype of all time. 

Just because they aren't numbered doesn't mean they aren't limited. Plenty of limited kicks out there that aren't numbered.

My theory is that all the pairs that were produced weren't sold yet. Whether Nike has stock or any of the main retailers have stock, they will most likely be restocked at some point. They are waiting to sell them. Looked at what happened to the Bred XIs, hell even the Invisible Cloak Kobes. Restocked several times in fairly large quantities.

Or, they are letting hype build and are going to wait a few months and make some more pairs so they will be an instant sell out, just like the 88 IIIs.
come on man really dont think i know that ? my dude im talking about 1's not other sneakers ,and they can let out anything and sell out they dont need hype anymore stealth 10's sold out quick on fnl restock nike themselves said the royals were  a GR ,

They didn't restock the Banneds because they just didn't have any more pairs. They originally were going to make it a GR or a regular release but scrapped the idea and decided to still sell the pairs they had already made so they wouldn't lose money. 

And they were easier to get than the Royals because NOBODY knew about them. Those that knew about them and wanted them were able to get them because there was virtually no hype behind them until after the fact. 

EVERYONE knew about these. They may or may have not been produced in limited quantities, we will never know until Nike actually says so. Just everyone wanted these + the hype around all star weekend releases just compounded together and created the perfect storm to not get these.

I do think they will restock these simply because a lot of companies (Finishline) are tending to sit on supply and not sell all their stock on release day. They did the exact same thing for the Bred XIs and those were fairly hard to get on release day considering they sold out at all outlets online. And yet they restocked SEVERAL times since then. Hell they even had Concords still left, aruably the shoe with the most hype of all time. 

You are pretty off here. They DID restock the Banned 1's. I know because I picked up on the second shipment at an outlet who got hundreds of pairs each time.

And clearly the release day stock was limited. No place had more than 2-3 dozen pairs. Many had 10 or less. Nike sold a few hundred pairs and only 10/12 stores even received them. There were no men's sizes sold thru NdC. Finish Line sold out before the on-sale time. CL has few pairs at outrageous prices in most places and eBay has few pairs that will all close at 300+.

So while its possible there's more coming, these were certainly limited on day one compared to even some recent limited releases. We can speculate on numbers but at the end of the day the supply was low on these. You guys can't tell the difference between this release and others? This was tough. I'd argue for NT members this was way tougher than Banned's. Those you just had to show up and wait for and you were probably getting a pair (or more).

Anybody else surprised they went with leather for the swoosh? The '01s were nubuck and jordan brand seems to be cheaping on materials lately.
any time a retro comes out it is with something different, "am i wrong? am i wrong" *walter sobchek voicec (the big lebowski)

View media item 274089
Now officially retired from the game, and on what better occasion than on Money's 50 Bday weekend to cop my grails. Went hard for this release. If you think there was scarcity in the US, imagine in Montreal, Canada. Ended up with 2 pairs in a size 12 and only had to wait a little under 4 hrs (not bad imo). No more lineups ever again, feels good to put on the gold watch. :pimp:

Yeah I remember they restocked the Banned 1s. I was trying to score a 2nd pair, I remember asking a buddy of mine that lived in Vegas if he can grab me one... he was at work. I said, "**** work." 
happy.gif

Last edited:
I wish Nike did actual Press Releases for shoes and stated how many pairs they will release and if a possible restock was coming. Even if they did restock it would still be impossible to cop because they do it so randomly and everyone has a smart phone now so they sell out instantly. 

Since eastbay orders are back-ordered, not all shipments have been sent out. I would think around the same time eastbay gets their stock, a restock on some other sites would seem more possible.

if its like an eastbay restock its one thing, but if you have a link thats a shop with one fsr, maybe 2 dont ruin it for the ppl that have it already by posting it in here

come on man really dont think i know that ? my dude im talking about 1's not other sneakers ,and they can let out anything and sell out they dont need hype anymore stealth 10's sold out quick on fnl restock nike themselves said the royals were  a GR ,
I answered two straight questions from you. You didn't like the answers to either of them. And now you're getting mad.

I'm using history as a trend to prove my point. If HISTORY proves anything, it's that Finishline will restock these no matter how limited they are. Regardless of sneaker

Got any more questions? 

These new members, I swear. Ungrateful. People taking the time out to answer their dumb questions and this is how they act. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom