Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, an Air Jordan 1 from 2013 is going to end up at 400-500 in a month?! So what happens to the 2001 pairs? They go up to 500-600? This is artificial. Supply hasn't even been brought to the marketplace yet!

Sometimes I just wonder how people on here make intelligent decisions outside of sneakers when they can't even understand basic economics.

More bickering ? 
tired.gif

None of us are bickering. We're just pointing out how stupid NT has become over this release. You'd think Jordan's wife was holding these hostage (apparently on the island of Yodollasismine) the way guys are droppin their pants.

Oh, please share more. :rofl:

Banneds were going for 200-300 for the first couple months after release. And that's AFTER mad NTers (myself included) scored multiple pairs for a whopping retail of $110. These Royals can't even touched the quality of the Banneds, nor the story behind the release and how it went down. Apples and oranges broham. And truth be known you could still find a pair of those over in the B/S a couple months ago in the 400-450 range.

man Banneds are too nice, almost traded some dude on here for my DB9s. I know JB will release this color way again, but never the DBs so i Steve Nash passed that trade.

Why wouldn't they re-release the DBs? They've re-released everything else. IMO you totally blew that trade.:x I don't know about your size , but the DB9s in my size(9) are in the 400s while there is only 1 banned up on ebay and its at 1400 BIN and the last pair i saw before that was at 800. There have literally been 3 pairs of banned 1s up in the last 6 months on ebay in my size(9) and none of them were under 800s. :x

Last edited:
Oh, please share more.
roll.gif

Banneds were going for 200-300 for the first couple months after release. And that's AFTER mad NTers (myself included) scored multiple pairs for a whopping retail of $110. These Royals can't even touched the quality of the Banneds, nor the story behind the release and how it went down. Apples and oranges broham. And truth be known you could still find a pair of those over in the B/S a couple months ago in the 400-450 range.
YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT 

Last edited:
More bickering ? 
tired.gif
None of us are bickering. We're just pointing out how stupid NT has become over this release. You'd think Jordan's wife was holding these hostage (apparently on the island of Yodollasismine) the way guys are droppin their pants.
u have a point even me myself have been thirsting over these more then i should 
mean.gif
  but i have  a set price i'm willing to spend and i'm gonna hold to that.. if i can't grab them o well on to the next.. and ill try for them later on down the line

I worry about things too in life. I usually wait for the facts or at least a LITTLE bit of information to come to light before I make any rash decisions. Obviously there were shipping issues due to the Chinese New Year. Yet hardly any mention of that is being made. How much stock didn't make it over here at all that hasn't even been sold yet? Seems like it's worth saving 2 or 3 pairs (at retail) worth just to snag one from some quite potentially shady little overseas spots you've never bought before.

I predict in 2 or 3 weeks there's more inventory around and this thread - if it's still unlocked - is mainly butthurt dudes crying about how they got robbed by Apu in the Island of Yodollasismine.

I'm crying from laughter over her ! All my co workers looking at me like I got a serious problem but everything you're saying is true.

Everybody is on backorder. I got my girl a pair on JJ and I still have no shipping conf.
The fact that FL took their link down is enough proof that a restock is coming.
Hopefully we all can back door it like the bred 13 fiasco

YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT :lol:

I didn't prove your point at all. Mediocre quality and not even most of the pairs have shipped yet. No one even knows the totality of this situation. And for the first few weeks $200-$250 was considered a fair price for Banneds. Granted, this is pre-2012/Concords, but that cements my point even more. That shoe kills these and it was still going for $100-$150 less than these this far out from RD in 2011.

^^^^^ IMO I would of done that trade in a heart beat / the material they used on the banned 1 are some what special JB probably won't used that again but I could be wrong\ u keep what u like

Horrible caption? What caption?

Edit: If you think I'd sell my shoes for $1,500 or would sell them period you're crazy.

Last edited:
I didn't prove your point at all. Mediocre quality and not even most of the pairs have shipped yet. No one even knows the totality of this situation. And for the first few weeks $200-$250 was considered a fair price for Banneds. Granted, this is pre-2012/Concords, but that cements my point even more. That shoe kills these and it was still going for $100-$150 less than these this far out from RD in 2011.
If no one knows the situation then how do you know this? Seems like your letting the salt cloud you judgement

And people consider $250 a very fair price for Royals right now (other than you of course)

But whatever you say pops

I like the Q&A section for the size 9 banned 1s on ebay:

Q: Would you accept a serious offer for these?
A: How serious?
Q: 700?
A: No

:x lol

You think a $140 is going to go long term $400-$500? If I'm wrong you saved yourself wasting $400. But every release the prices come down if you're not a dope and wait. The hype is unmatched right now and many places haven't even received a FIRST shipment yet. Ignorance at its finest here.
Banned 1s...but I don't think these will reach 4-500 no way

If no one knows the situation then how do you know this? Seems like your letting the salt cloud you judgement

And people consider $250 a very fair price for Royals right now (other than you of course)

But whatever you say pops

I didn't say $250 was outrageous. Most dudes are paying $300+. Guys are bidding on eBay pairs that have days left and are already clearing 320, 350. Most of these overseas sites are $300 minimum shipped (plus likely customs).

Nearly every Jordan release from the past year has been going for 50-60 over retail a month out, but in the first week after release many were going for 100+ above retail. Why would you pay $150-$200 over retail right now when you could wait? DS pairs of 2001's were selling for $300-$350 last week. So why on earth would someone think these are going to go up beyond what they are at right now (300-350)? I guarantee the result a month from now if you purchase it isn't worse than it is today. And I'd be willing to bet some money that it's less than it is today.

I know, facts are hard to deal with sometimes son.

Last edited:
I didn't say $250 was outrageous. Most dudes are paying $300+. Guys are bidding on eBay pairs that have days left and are already clearing 320, 350. Most of these overseas sites are $300 minimum shipped (plus likely customs).

Nearly every Jordan release from the past year has been going for 50-60 over retail a month out, but in the first week after release many were going for 100+ above retail. Why would you pay $150-$200 over retail right now when you could wait? DS pairs of 2001's were selling for $300-$350 last week. So why on earth would someone think these are going to go up beyond what they are at right now (300-350)? I guarantee the result a month from now if you purchase it isn't worse than it is today. And I'd be willing to bet some money that it's less than it is today.

I know, facts are hard to deal with sometimes son.

Chill Apu good peoples............

bwahahhahaha

The future market is unpredictable, the DB9s are hovering around $400 and are less than 6 months old. I think the prices will increase whether its $100, $200, or $300, no one knows. Sure JB can re-release this series if they wanted to, but i am taking the chance that they would release the Bred 1s first since its a classic color way.

This is a  classic colorway but still Never thought I'd see the day when people are camping out for 1's.Nowadays the hypebests camping for everything

Last edited:
The future market is unpredictable, the DB9s are hovering around $400 and are less than 6 months old. I think the prices will increase whether its $100, $200, or $300, no one knows. Sure JB can re-release this series if they wanted to, but i am taking the chance that they would release the Bred 1s first since its a classic color way.

DB9's were also at $600+ in the first week after release. Oh my how they have dropped in value. 1/3 in two months. That's my point. Even the most limited release will drop over the first two months. Sure, long run those may jump to 600, 700, 800, but not anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom