Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

This has been highly anticipated and will do extremely well for a General Release and surprise everyone with the outcome of how fast it disappears off the shelves , if it makes it there.

Certain shoes sell right out of the stock room. This shoe fits the bill.

Quote:
yeah people are rethinking the decision to take an L up the , so i'd say complainers (realists) did their job

Yeah.. these kids think we're against them but we're trying to bring them the truth.

Just wait till you guys see the PLEATHER on this crappy shoe.It's no joke after the creases set in and then it's all downhill from there.

I was shocked when I saw it in person - the shape is off as well - banana toe style is not cutting it for me - I have an original in my closet that I can't wear any longer but I keep it to remind me of what this shoe should've looked and felt like.I'm so disappointed by what they did here..as I waited 17 years to see it return..they could've taken their time and crafted something classic.

Instead,they're trying to cut corners and get as much of our hard earned money as possible.

^ it's already been said that it's a super duper GR. like the blk/red XIV, no one will have to even try to get theirs. people just chill....if you want this garbage you'll be able to get them on sale racks or for under retail off ebay and all the resellers.

i might cop for $80. this shoe isn't worth more than that.

Quote:
I have an original in my closet that I can't wear any longer but I keep it to remind me of what this shoe should've looked and felt like.I'm so disappointed by what they did here..as I waited 17 years to see it return..they could've taken their time and crafted something classic.

yep but they're more interested in mass producing garbage and selling it to these blind hypebeasts that don't have an appreciation for the shoe. it's just "FIRE" "COPPED X2" to these morons.

people should listen to OGFreshReady. someone who actually OWNED the OG's back in day. someone who knows the difference from personal experience.

Quote:
I think I can drop 70 something on these and not think twick but 115 or 125......I CAN'T do it Captain.

i'm right there with ya doggie.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
I need XI laces in good condition!! White or Black....PM me or email me if you have them​

Cant wait to swoosh it. I think I can drop 70 something on these and not think twick but 115 or 125......I CAN'T do it Captain.
SHOES RENT

Looking for custom tees in 3xl!

Quote:
This has been highly anticipated and will do extremely well for a General Release and surprise everyone with the outcome of how fast it disappears off the shelves

Highly anticipated - you have no idea what 17 years wait feels like

Will do extremely well - Not the way you think,especially when people see that PLEATHER for themselves and the illustrious BANANA style toe they were shooting for with this rendition of what they called a IV.

People will become skeptical once they see it and will have to decide whether to take JB's crap and keep it in their closets.

I predict a sale on these to coax the people into buying - JB will get the message anyway.

You guys should be happy Jordan Brand decided to bring back these Original Classics. I have a pair of OG's that I can't wear and can only admire once I take them out the box. I have the retros and have been wearing them for a few days now. I can't complain at all.

They are are to me, enough to make me go out and buy them. If you don't like the Mars, Jordan brand is not forcing you to buy them. Go ahead and shell out $600+ for the OG's and cross your fingers they don't crumble.

I feel very happy that Jordan Brand saved the originals by adding some different touches. If you like the shoes enough, buy them. These will keep the original IV a top collection classic for those who own them already.

You have to understand most of the people buying these Mars will never have a chance at the originals. The originals can never be worn again IMO.

I can now wear these retros without fear of having them crumble. Thanks Jordan Brand.

Quote:
but it seems like no one over there cares.

Very few over here care, so why would they care over at JB. The majority of NT feels like JB is doing them a favor while the minority is just whining about nike air, quality and that were being ungrateful. I know I cant find a pair of wearable OGs but im not going to cop the mars. I'll just get a pair of lasers since their quality is much better. And then i'll probably start searching for some true og retros from before 02, to me its worth every extra dollar to cop a pair of '99 cements.

Quote:
You have to understand most of the people buying these Mars will never have a chance at the originals.

Which is why JB shouldve made them like the originals instead of cutting corners to save every penny
Jordans 4 Sale sz 11.5 - Tour IV, Mist IV, Pacific XIV, Pt.Blue Dub-Zero
[email protected] AIM: Jonny91589.

Quote:
You guys should be happy Jordan Brand decided to bring back these Original Classics.

where are these original classics you are talking about? OGFreshReady will tell you this "mars" variant is not it. it's not the fire red IV ANYMORE. :rofl:
roll.gif
@ you for thinking it is. this isn't a classic son. hate to break it to you.

no JB should be the one happy that there are enough hypebeasts that will buy a shoddy product. ask method man.

i like how people act as if JB is doing us some kind of favor. REALLY? are they giving me shoes? nope.....they're trying to make a huge profit off of me. JB should thank ME for all the times i bought their shoes since 1990.

Quote:
I feel very happy that Jordan Brand saved the originals by adding some different touches. If you like the shoes enough, buy them. .

so if they didn't make "different touches" the OG wouldn't be a "collection classic"? if the retro were nearly exact to OG like the blk/silver V's for instance, then the OG's wouldn't be a "collection classic"?

you may own the OG's now, but so does OGFreshReady. did you have the OG's back when they came out? doubt it. because if you did you'd want them to retro them as accurate as possible like true shoeheads like OGFreshReady.

no you just like having an old pair of OG's that can't be worn sitting in your closet. reminds me of a lot of the ISS folks. how long have you been wearing Jordans? i'd guess not as long as me or OGFreshReady judging by your mentality. it's evident you don't have a clear love for the shoes and everything the shoes offer.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
I need XI laces in good condition!! White or Black....PM me or email me if you have them​

Quote:
They don't care about us.INFERIOR leather quality and the on-going missing NIKE AIR logo will BE their demise - slowly but surely.

Man business is abt money, no JB doesnt care about you. They care about your money. Listen all these releases by "JB" are "RETROS" not replicas. I hope ya know the difference. And why would they put Nike Air on a JB product? Yes they may have a special release down the road with nike air on it but by no means is JB gonna lose the jordan logo and start using nike air all the time. As for the inferior leather i must say that all leather creases at some point, JB didnt make these shoes for those of us NTers who buy kicks to tuck away in a dark cool closet wrapped in plastic. Or those of us who like to crunch up their toes and walk funny so toe box stays in-tack. No they made these for the masses, which is why they are a GR. They are meant to be worn. Ya stay complainin about all the wack retro colorways and when they give us a very good OG retro ya still crying. And if you believe that this is JB demise you are crazy or havent been around long enough to understand the popularity of jordan sneakers. many of the ppl buying these have never even seen this jordan colorway or even model before and have no idea why spike lee is on the heel. Then you have others like me who know what it was like in the 4th grade wishing my parents would buy me these.

All in all JB will not take an L on this and will sell these jordans easily. "U" do not represent the average jordan buyer and that is what you have to remember. sorry for my rant man. I have rocked my first pair twice already and plan on buying another just because I CAN now. So fresh
205rwh0.jpg

Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

Hey, I vote with every dollar I spend and there will be two more pair available in Columbus, Ohio than there were a month ago.

...and they better really tickle my balls with the quality of the V's in a few months. I'm nobody's sheep. I buy what impresses me and you guys scrambling to throw your money away on a lie are going to come away with a hollow feeling. (If not I'll pity the youth even more.)

"Heatin' the Midwest with more degrees than a thermometer."

Quote:
Listen all these releases by "JB" are "RETROS" not replicas.

the blk/silver V and fire red V are retros and they're replicas. a replica is a close reproduction of the original. that's the definition. none of the retros today are replicas anymore.

Quote:
And why would they put Nike Air on a JB product?

uhhh why did they in 1999-2001?

Quote:
As for the inferior leather i must say that all leather creases at some point,

uhhh we're talking about quality of leather...not creasing. all shoes crease.

Quote:
Ya stay complainin about all the wack retro colorways and when they give us a very good OG retro ya still crying

yall heard that? he called this a very good OG retro.... :rofl:
roll.gif
more like a butchered classic.

as method man said the other day, consumer standars really are LOW...yes that means you :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
And if you believe that this is JB demise you are crazy or havent been around long enough to understand the popularity of jordan sneakers.

:rofl:
roll.gif
i know he didn't just say that to OGFreshReady...someone who's been wearing them since when? 1989?

you know who else thinks JB will see it's demise eventually? RockDeep, Billy Hoyle, T2Judgementday, and many others. those guys haven't been around either? stop before you lose anymore credibility :lol:
laugh.gif

obviously this is another one of those dudes who doesn't have the ability to tell what a quality shoe is. i feel sorry for these joe sixpacks. they ruin the game and they don't even know it :lol:
laugh.gif

205rwh0.jpg

i've seen variants that look better than that homie. Shoes 101 is adjourned. sorry i had to own clueless posts like those.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

I've been peeping my head in and out of this thread and I just have a few things to say. While I have had many OGs when they originally released. I have never had a problem with the changes on the later retroes and while some may call that being a "sheep", in reality I've never bought multiples of any js (except 11 and 4) and never bought more that 3 releases in a single year (which dropped to 2 in the past two years).

With this said the Mars 4s will be my last jordan purchase. While I have been a fan of the shoes for the past 14 years and have enjoyed the JB forum over the last several years (though I didn't become a member until 04), I have decided now is a good time to stop. Since 4 and 11 were my favorite js, I was planning on getting the mars/ militaries as my last purchases. However, in light of the price increases I have decided that the mars will be the last time I participate in this mockery. Like I said the shoes changes were fine with me, but I draw the line at the prices. 115 for some 99 dollar 4s? 145 for some 125 dollar grapes? Please. I'm done. I'm going back to the land of swooshes and air maxes.
Quote:
rollin i know he didn't just say that to OGFreshReady...someone who's been wearing them since when? 1989?

you know who else thinks JB will see it's demise eventually? RockDeep, Billy Hoyle, and others. those guys haven't been around either? stop before you lose anymore credibility.

obviously this is another one of those dudes who doesn't have the ability to tell what a quality shoe is. i feel sorry for these joe sixpacks. they ruin the game and they don't even know it.

You need to quit. You represent a new breed of troll. You do realize that all the OG heads don't make up the biggest demo for JB don't you? You guys are in the minority. It's proven by the number of high school teens at the malls with rainbows of jays.

Watch these disapear. Every baller, fake thug, drug dealer, and trend rider will have these. As has been the case for many years. Nothing new here. On top of that your an "empty whiner". Meaning that you complain and then buy retros. It's cool though since many on here are the same way. You think your grapes in september will be any better quality wise? You think your anus is any better than anyone elses? I doubt it. You did prove a point. And it's that when it comes to JB everybody has a price. Ours is mars, yours is grapes. One way or another they are going to cash in. And when you step out of line, just remember, there will always be sombody behind you waiting to step up.

And ruining the game? What game? They're just shoes. We buy them, we wear them. The only parts to your so called game I see are reselling shoes and storing them in closets, then taking them out to show other people on NT for years on end. Pathetic all the way around. And calling them joe six packs is also rediculous. When you copped your first pair of jays, did people call you names? So why not let the younger crowd have some fun?

I wonder if you complain to your GF as much as you do to us? Seriously, Ive never seen a grown man complain so much. :lol:
laugh.gif

As for everyone else, follow these rules when dealing with jumpmanatl:

167794114.jpg

TRANSFERING FALL '06
GO BEARS!!!​

Painting over mars' face? Lol that's od. No matter what alterations that a person can make, it will never be og. We should jus be happy about gettin a sought after og colorway like this....I kno I am cause there was no way I was gonna drop the bucks for a pair of og's

Quote:
no you just like having an old pair of OG's that can't be worn sitting in your closet. reminds me of a lot of the ISS folks. how long have you been wearing Jordans? i'd guess not as long as me or OGFreshReady judging by your mentality. it's evident you don't have a clear love for the shoes and everything the shoes offer.

Your challenging me due to the fact you think you have been wearing Jordans longer than me or your opinion on what a person should be defined as a true collector should be. I have been collecting for quite some time now and have been an original member of this site.

You may be right, I never owned many of the Original Jordans due to the fact my parents couldn't afford them. I value the Jordans a lot more as I spend my hard money on each pair. I didn't get a chance to wear my Fire Red IV or a lot of other Original Jordans. I didn't have the chance to wear them due to the age of the shoe. That doesn't mean I don't value the shoe.

I appreciate Jordan Brand for bring this shoe out. This is my opinion and I stand behind. You might not agree but we are all different people. I can charish my originals and still wear the retros. I don't see a problem in that.

Quote:
i'd guess not as long as me or OGFreshReady judging by your mentality. it's evident you don't have a clear love for the shoes and everything the shoes offer.

Thats really nice for the both of you. Yeah, I love the shoes I own and my own personal collection. I don't collect to impress others. Everything the shoe has to offer? They are just shoes when you take it and place it to "LIFE". Get over it. Some of you put shoes too far up the priority ladder in life. Maybe they don't mean as much to me as they do to you. In the end, I have the originals and the retros. I go to bed happy and wake up happy.

I expressed my opinion and I simply stated it. If you like the shoes buy them, if not, just save your money.

Good Luck to those who really want them and enjoy them.

i know some of you are upset about the quality and are not going to buy it, but just because someone else does like the shoe doesnt make that person more/less of a shoehead/collecter. i'm not taking either side on this because no, i didnt have the chance to own the OG and to me the pics of the shoe make it look nice, TO ME. so can we please quit *****ing back and forth on who actually cares about "the game" more?

Quote:
i know some of you are upset about the quality and are not going to buy it, but just because someone else does like the shoe doesnt make that person more/less of a shoehead/collecter. i'm not taking either side on this because no, i didnt have the chance to own the OG and to me the pics of the shoe make it look nice, TO ME. so can we please quit *****ing back and forth on who actually cares about "the game" more?

Your right. My complaint is that those who don't like the shoe are:

1. Clowning those that do and claiming that they don't know anything.

2. Are purposely ruining the release (or anticipation of it) so others can't enjoy it. *cough* jumpmanatl *cough*. I guess it's true, misery loves company. :rolleyes
eyes.gif

TRANSFERING FALL '06
GO BEARS!!!​

Quote:
Everything the shoe has to offer?

yeah as in wearing them. OGFreshReady wants a pair that he can WEAR and relive again. oh yeah you didn't own them so you wouldn't know what that feels like....oops....maybe that's why the changes don't bother a lot of you folks.....haha of course. OG's are nice to have in the collection, but retroing them doesn't take away the value at all. at the end of the day the old og heads want a replica (close reproduction of the original for all you morons) of a shoe they used to own.

what was your first pair of Jordans i wonder?

Quote:
Are purposely ruining the release (or anticipation of it) so others can't enjoy it. *cough* jumpmanatl *cough*. I guess it's true, misery loves company.

damn skippy. if i've put just one person off from buying the shoe then i've done my job. i enjoy the reactions i get from you "collectors" and i just enjoy putting down a shoe that doesn't deserve the hype. sorry hypebeasts.

Quote:
You guys are in the minority. It's proven by the number of high school teens at the malls with rainbows of jays.

now THAT is true.

Quote:
On top of that your an "empty whiner". Meaning that you complain and then buy retros. It's cool though since many on here are the same way. You think your grapes in september will be any better quality wise?

haven't bought a pair of retros this year. and since you obviously pay attention to what shoes i want to buy (damn dude :lol:
laugh.gif
) you would've noticed that i also said that i'd cop the grapes, militaries, and 23 V's ASSUMING JB doesn't @#%$ it up. well they have. every release that i plan on buying is tentative.

Quote:
And ruining the game? What game? They're just shoes. We buy them, we wear them.

if you braindead consumers with LOW STANDARDS didn't buy this garbage then JB would make higher quality products. i guess some people just like buying b-grades at retail. SUIT YOURSELF.

Quote:
I wonder if you complain to your GF as much as you do to us? Seriously, Ive never seen a grown man complain so much

why would i complain to her when i have all these people here to get reactions from? i like arguing with you "collectors" obviously. thanks for feeding the troll.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

i copped 2 Sz 10s on sidelinefootwear.com...i was on hold for 30 minutes and the music got annoying but it was worth it to finally get through...i needed a 10.5 but they were already sold out so i ended up with a size 10...i'm happy just gotta wait for them to come in

I'm going to pass on this release. Like gregbutler said, "mockery", that's the best way to put it. I feel that JB is putting anything out there these days knowing that the "sheep" will buy it. Therefore quality standards have been compromised for big bucks. I know my decision to not purchase these shoes will most likely not put a dent into JB's profits.

I can see JB losing a decent portion of its consumers because of butchered releases like this one in the near future. Pissed off consumers will ultimately stop buying. I'm not talking about "Nike Air" vs. "Jumpman" when I say butchered. I'm talking about the cheap leather. I'm talking about the $115 price tag for some $99 shoes. I'm talking about the non-existent "quality inspired by the greatest player ".

I bought into the hype when the XIIIs retro'd and bought myself a pair of flints and I was disappointed with the quality. I'm a year and a half older and I'm not going to make that same mistake.

Look at the XIVs. 1/3 of those that released to the general public were B-grade quality at A-grade prices. How do you know JB isn't going to do the same with these IVs? I am going to stick to my word and hold out on buying retro Jordans until the quality standards improve unless someone, or something convinces me otherwise.

If I really wanted some Mars IVs, I'll drop a few dollars I'll go and get a pair from the past. I'm not trying to suade anyone or anything. If you like the shoes, and if they suit your standards, go ahead and buy them. For the cats complaining about quality, and still buying them, idk what to say, where are your standards? I guess it's that easy to hustle you all out of your money w/ simple hype. However, I do applaud people who are able to restrain and resist feeding the troll we all know as JB until your personal standards are met. Are these shoes really worth $115 to you? I guess I'm just saying. Think twice before dropping your hard earned money, or your parents' hard earned cash.

Last time I checked, this was a forum and opinions were allowed.

Come saturday you see jumpmansatl7 with 20 pairs for sale on ebay.

One of the top releases of the year.

I own OG and 99 IVs and I dont think these are as bad as people are saying.

If your going to cry about the small qualitly difference, ball up and buy some 99's or OGs. Almost all shoes today are made inferior to older shoes no matter the brand.
Its all about the money.

Dont miss out on these

www.myspace.com/dgebs

$100 Black and Gold Patent 1s size 13.5
$80 Lebron II 10.5
$200 OG Black IV size 13
$300 99 white Retro IV size 12

^ yeah i'm just dehyping (yes i just made that word up) so i can get more to resell :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Almost all shoes today are made inferior to older shoes no matter the brand.
Its all about the money.

this is very true but i only care about what Nike does.

Quote:
However, I do applaud people who are able to restrain and resist feeding the troll we all know as JB. I guess I'm just saying. Think twice before dropping your hard earned money, or your parents' hard earned cash.

i thought i was the troll. oh wait you're telling me that a company that sells b-grades for normal retail would be the actual troll.....makes sense.

Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

Lol, I actually don't care about resellers. You guys aren't doing anything wrong in my in my opinion. If ignorant people want to pay someone else outrageous prices to go and buy some shoes for them. It's not the reseller's fault. So be it. I mean, there really is no set value for reselling shoes if you think about it. The prices are set by the price limits people set for themselves on eBay or w/e. You're just allowing these people to get their pairs. If everyone chose to hold off and only buy these shoes for only 120 shipped, that'll be the resale price. It's probably not gonna happen. But that's how I think it works.

Back
Top Bottom