Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

^^I don't think they care about getting them early. I think they just want to make sure they get a pair without hassle.
For y'all that think GR means you are gonna walk in Sat morning and snatch your pair, I think you are in for a surprise. The DMP was also a GR, granted there are definitely more MARS available then DMPs the price is also a third and people will be looking to swoop 2-3 pairs. For many, this is one of the best released shoes in a loooong time regardless of quality.
And like I said before, if people are going to pay over retail for mist blues and tour yellows, they are sure to pay over retail for these. Who cares that those are limited. They aren't og colors and they are garbage.
NOW OPEN​

This thread has gone overboard with quality control, imo.

Does anybody have pics of the Mars IVs with black laces? I don't usually change the laces in my kicks, but I did with the Tours, and it seems as though black laces in the Mars IVs would be hot. Also, someone asked this question earlier, got no response, but it got me thinking.

Please post pics if you have black laces in your Mars IVs.

@HELLAHEAT...
i feel you homie but trust me NYC is verrrrrry different. cats over here love to stunt. it's been like that forever. it's not just this release. people were payin 180.00-220.00 for the flint xiii's two days before release. people bought the cardinals for 175. a week before release. the black red xiv's? the same black red xivs that were massed produced? they were goin for like 200.00 at some spots. i know it depends on where you live but like i said in nyc there are HUNDREDS of spots that sells j's. if people refrain from paying outrageous prices, the stores will have to stop sexually assualting consumers.
Harlem plays the best ball in the country
<--- smh what was jordan thinkin?

Quote:
i said in nyc there are HUNDREDS of spots that sells j's

wouldnt that lead stores to charge competitive prices?

All i know im getting mine tonight.

and then im getting another pair on friday for 40% off.

^ true. but technically they 're NOT supposed to be selling them early anyway. if NIKE were to find out then they would lose everything. besides i meant that there are hundreds of spots to BUY j's on release day. fordham road has a foot locker , footaction , finishline on the same freakin block.
Harlem plays the best ball in the country
<--- smh what was jordan thinkin?

I'm rich so...i don't give a dizzzamn! 8)
glasses.gif

Just like the Tiffany dunks and all the other hyped releases, we shall see. I think eastbay and ndc will be a good indication. If they sell out in minutes on Friday night, be prepared to see $200 in the buy/sell forum come Sat night.
NOW OPEN​

Quote:
1. Inflation
2. Inflation
3. Inflation
4. Inflation
5. Inflation

Look its been over 15yrs since these shoes originally came out, in that fifteen years the cost of things have risen significally. The price has nothing to do with quality. $100 in 1989 went a whole lot further than $115 today. Actually these are the cheapest jordans i have gotten in a long time.

That is a very simplistic way of putting it. The argument is redundant, however paying $115 for inferior quality is absurd. JB pays little overhead with these shoes, they don't have to pay skilled workers (i.e. design team). I could understand paying $175 for the XXI, since it is a new design, new materials, new tech, new marketing campaign. But paying a $15 premium on a shoe that was designed in 1988 (dropped in '89), with outdated technology, on top of inferior materials....JB has no reason to hike up the price. When was the last time you saw a marketing campaign dedicated to Retro Jordans?

I will be getting a pair.....but for $75. I think that it is hilarious that people are dropping more than retail on these, but hey, to each their own. If you dont get your pair, have some patience. It has been noted that once the hype dies, prices drop. People are going to buy a ton of these and sit on them. Don't be a fool, especially if you are planning to keep them on ice anyway. Just wait for the prices to drop and save yourself some cash. Just my two cents.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
Campanella - Drysdale - Koufax - Lasorda - Robinson - Valenzuela - Hershiser - Gagne​

just copped mine from the army base for 90 even. pics will be up later. not the same quality as the pure $ but i can live with it.

Quote:
seriously though... but people dont want to hear it. let them believe its inflation

people are just not that bright :lol:
laugh.gif

inflation is obviously not a valid reason for the price hikes. the argument would hold water if quality stayed the same while prices increased due to inflation. but since quality DROPS and prices RISE ALL WITHIN THE LAST FEW YEARS it's obvious.

Quote:
We changed the wings. We brought the cement 3's back out. We have done alot as a community to change what jordan brand does. and ill be damned if some johnny come lately, who wasnt even born when i got my first jays, helping to make a passion of mines a fad and cheapen j's even more, tries and tells me to quit complaining... must be out your damn mind. this is a message board. the hell are you supposed to do? take jordan shoes up the and say "yes sir may i have another?" NO!

I will voice my displeasure on $30 price hike, bad quality, and altered versions and availablity.. its not right... and the way to change what they are doing is to VOICE YOUR OPINION....Period..

some people enjoy it up the @#%$ apparently.

Quote:
I understand your argument about not wanting to pay more for what you say is a more cheapily made product, however this is a product which is over
Quote:
1988-AJ3-$100

2003-AJ3-$100 WITHOUT ANY QUALITY ISSUES

OWNED! yeah where is the inflation there? :lol:
laugh.gif

Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
I need XI laces in good condition!! White or Black....PM me or email me if you have them​

Quote:
a lot of the money goes into design, testing, and marketing for the shoes. however, all this work has been done for these retros. the only money JB spends when they re-release a shoe is for materials and labor.

and not one dime is spent on advertising. great post.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
I need XI laces in good condition!! White or Black....PM me or email me if you have them​

^^^^ cuz forums like NT do all the advertising for free. You would think JB would reward us, yea I said REWARD US, by giving us a better retro or better quality and prices. I see no reason for IVs to cost $110 in '04, even on the lasers the retail said $110, then in ;06 the price goes to $125 on L'Style and $115 on GR. Why are L'style releases more? How could putting nike air on the back of the IVs affect them? The jumpman is already on the box, on the sole,tounge and insole.
Jordans 4 Sale sz 11.5 - Mist IV, Pt.Blue Dub-Zero
[email protected] AIM: Jonny91589.

cost of shipping has incresed since 89
in 1989 the average price for a gallon of gas was $0.97
now its $2.93

you do the math

i think 115 is completely reasonable
AND YOU KNOW THIS MAAAANN!

Ok so majority of u are unhappy about the quality.I'm sure JB knows of this now so does anybody know of any spots in L.A selling them now.I'm gonna be out of the country this weekend

Count me in for 2 pairs Saturday morning.

I got a chance to look at them on my lunch break today, and they look ok to me. Quality sucks.. but hey these are my holy grails.

S.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

From "odiggidy:"
Quote:
hypebeasts. that is exactly why these online stores and mom & pop stores will continue to sexually assualt consumers with there prices. why the hell would you pay 175.00 + for these when they will be available for 115.00 on sat morning ? i could understand if they were extremly limited (meaning hard to get) but this is just sad. SELF CONTROL people. maybe it's because i'm 30 but i do not see why you would spend 50.00+ extra just to have them before everyone else. i mean in a few more days everyone and there mama will have em but whatever. and to all my other old heads: please just let it die. most dudes are thick headed they aint tryin ta hear what ya got to say

Advice taken...

Restoring order to the Shoe
Game
FAKEPOLICE.com
Expect the Unexpected​

Quote:
cost of shipping has incresed since 89
in 1989 the average price for a gallon of gas was $0.97
now its $2.93

you do the math

i think 115 is completely reasonable

AND YOU KNOW THIS MAAAANN!

That's different. Though gas prices have gone up, the quality of gas is the same. They're not cutting it with water to cheapen it.

A bus ride probaly cost a nickel in the 50s, but now it's close to two dollars. That bus ride hasn't changed (except black folk can sit where we want, so it's actually better).

The cost of buying houses and luxury cars have gone up, but so has the quality of luxur cars.

JB is more like this: Say you have a dvd player at launch and pay 400 for it. 5 years later those same dvd players are still just as popular, but they cost 30-40 bucks a piece since they become cheaper to produce. The prices for them remain low until they become obsolete and are replaced by something else.

If this were JB, then they would charge you 400 initially, then 5 years later they would reduce production costs and then increase the price to 410-415. For what? The only explanation would be that since they have the hype and demand they are going to increase profits that never fell to begin with. It seems like only 10 bucks, but combined with low production costs, JB can surpass bill gates one day at the current level of hype.

And if this was just 10-15 dollar inflation, then why do l style releases cost more than gr when they're much less products produced? Simple. They're going to use the hype surrounding the limited to increase profits, Gentry will look like a hero, we'll be sore from the assaults, and he will look like a hero for JB because it will appear as though he increased profits. :lol:
laugh.gif
This whole thing is shady all the way around.

Heres something else, the first laser four package was 200 though the lasers were labeled at 110, but the black ones were not a package, yet they were 175 and came out just a few months later. Is that inflation too? :lol:
laugh.gif

Like I said the changes to the shoes are not a problem with me, but the increase in price makes the changes look more noticeable.

TRANSFERING FALL '06
GO BEARS!!!​

^^ Gregbutler, I feel you man. Everything you just posted was real talk. I think you, Kane, JumpmansATL, myself, and a few others here are the only ones with the mental capacity, education, and maturity to take a look at these shoes outside of the hypbeast/sneakerhead perspective.

A lot of dudes here are just thick headed, young, and caught up in the hype. Dudes wanna drop $115/$125 for product made with cheaper materials than when it had a $100 price tag and blame it on inflation. Then they wanna come here and flame the voices of reason trying to save them some money, and at the same they wanna praise the company taking their money. Okay.... where's the logic in that?

Point is. You shouldn't have to pay high prices for a cheaply made product. Hype is a beast and you're all taking everyone down with you.

Quote:
and to all my other old heads: please just let it die. most dudes are thick headed they aint tryin ta hear what ya got to say

You know, whenever I speak on things, I'm not even talking to them. It's just that they get offended and want to add their lil' 2 cents. I would never try to convince or sway anyone how to spend their money. Call it hype, loyalty, sheepism...whatever. JB got a lot of cats by the nuts, and I don't fault THEM for it.

It's been said time and time again that JB browses the forum, so I feel its worth the little time it takes to lay out my feelings on JB and their products. There is no more convenient or proper forum to convey my perspective as a consumer.

Quote:
That's different. Though gas prices have gone up, the quality of gas is the same. They're not cutting it with water to cheapen it.

A bus ride probaly cost a nickel in the 50s, but now it's close to two dollars. That bus ride hasn't changed (except black folk can sit where we want, so it's actually better).

The cost of buying houses and luxury cars have gone up, but so has the quality of luxur cars.

JB is more like this: Say you have a dvd player at launch and pay 400 for it. 5 years later those same dvd players are still just as popular, but they cost 30-40 bucks a piece since they become cheaper to produce. The prices for them remain low until they become obsolete and are replaced by something else.

If this were JB, then they would charge you 400 initially, then 5 years later they would reduce production costs and then increase the price to 410-415. For what? The only explanation would be that since they have the hype and demand they are going to increase profits that never fell to begin with. It seems like only 10 bucks, but combined with low production costs, JB can surpass bill gates one day at the current level of hype.

And if this was just 10-15 dollar inflation, then why do l style releases cost more than gr when they're much less products produced? Simple. They're going to use the hype surrounding the limited to increase profits, Gentry will look like a hero, we'll be sore from the assaults, and he will look like a hero for JB because it will appear as though he increased profits. This whole thing is shady all the way around.

Heres something else, the first laser four package was 200 though the lasers were labeled at 110, but the black ones were not a package, yet they were 175 and came out just a few months later. Is that inflation too?

Well said.

Now can we please kill this inflation bullshiii? :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Then they wanna come here and flame the voices of reason trying to save them some money, and at the same they wanna praise the company taking their money. Okay.... where's the logic in that?

:lol:
laugh.gif
I don't get it either, my dude. I really don't... :smh:
nono.gif

Back
Top Bottom