Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are mad clean but $175 including NY tax. I just can't do it anymore esp. with poor quality.  If it were $125 that'd be more reasonable but nearly 2 bills for the same colorway from '99. 

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

goooood

the color of the ivs will look different because of the lighting, in dark light the cement looks dark, in ample light the cement looks mid light
I hope they come with that black paper that came with the og's back in 89'.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

it has begun
30t6p3b.gif

All of the hype, and the minds of people changing after they see some good pics.. who didn't see this coming tho?
eyes.gif

Those pics are
pimp.gif
tho, I don't blame them for changing their minds
laugh.gif

Did someone say that their store is only getting 1 per size?! SRS?! Where the f do you live?! And a store getting 3 pairs per size of the Concords..
30t6p3b.gif
can't believe some of these numbers. Good luck to all you who have to deal with that.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

it has begun
30t6p3b.gif

All of the hype, and the minds of people changing after they see some good pics.. who didn't see this coming tho?
eyes.gif

Those pics are
pimp.gif
tho, I don't blame them for changing their minds
laugh.gif

Did someone say that their store is only getting 1 per size?! SRS?! Where the f do you live?! And a store getting 3 pairs per size of the Concords..
30t6p3b.gif
can't believe some of these numbers. Good luck to all you who have to deal with that.
ohwell.gif
Well 3 pairs of Concords was Champs in Buffalo, NY.
They had about 16 pairs total.

I was able to get a pair of Concords from them though.

I didn't even know that stores know how many pairs they will get yet.

I gotta call around tomorrow!

Why are they looking different in almost every picture? (in terms of shape)

Originally Posted by topnotchflip

Originally Posted by airedweezy

What's up nt I know there's some good dudes on here so I need help. This is directed to my las Vegas nters

I'll be on Vegas on the 18 I'm doin my homework so what's the best place to cop these on release
Foot locker or niketown. Of course for my luck I'll be on the road when they hit the web.

So I've narrowed two locations ceasers footlocker and niketown I do have a car to travel in so atleast I have that. Any help would be cool pm if you can and don't wanna post on here thanks again nt.

Caesars doesn't have a footlocker only NikeTown and by how many people have been twitting on when they will give out the wristband I'm pretty sure all pairs/wristbands will be spoken for by the time you get here. Fashion Show mall next to treasure island hotel has a lot of shoe stores there's a HoH inside their footlocker in that mall. I would also try for Planet Hollywood Hotel, they have a footlocker in there and they had a nice size of shipments with the concords. That's just near the strip...there are 4-5 other malls around the city each having FTL,FL,Champs,ShoePalace,Shieks Etc. those malls are Boulevard, Gallaria, Meadows and Town Square. Good Luck copping your pair here bro.
Thanks for the info. I'll be out in Vegas starting the 17th...and hope I can get lucky in foreign territory....although I think I'm probably starting my research a little too late! I'll be shooting you a PM for some additional info...again, thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

They don't look bad, sorry to hear about the leather quality

Not shocked at the painted midsole, so I'll expect cracking like on the CDP

how bad was the cdp iv's? i only had the cdp iii's & my pair is still perfect(8-15 wears) i only have a white mark on the heel from my screen door closing on me too quick

edit Silkk Da Fabric is that you BinYe
nerd.gif
?

The IV's cracked the same way the III's did. With the hairline cracks around the air. It was hit and miss, but I think the majority of people had theirs crack. Basically the same thing as the CDP III's, which seemed hit and miss. One pair of my CDP III's cracked after a couple of wears, the other pair didn't. Probably used the same type of paint for both.

Hopefully these have the mixture of the white cement III's and not the black cements from last year.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

the videos posted show black plastic.

out of curiosity, what year were you born?

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

the videos posted show black plastic.

out of curiosity, what year were you born?
1987. lol what sparks that curiosity?

Originally Posted by Dj5h1fT

Why are they looking different in almost every picture? (in terms of shape)
My guess would be that it is a combination of two things:
1 - pictures of different size shoes. Larger sizes tend to suffer worse from the banana toe than smaller sizes

2 - JB just doesnt replicate the same quality from shoe to shoe. We see this kind of variation in almost every release now

The thing Ive been trying to keep my eye on with these IV's is how low the stitching is to the midsole. 

The early pics had lots of bad stitching too low, just like the CDP/Mars iv's

The more recent pics have the stitching about a quarter inch above the midsole (see above pic) which is much improved, and I hope this quality is easy to find in-store

Patiently waiting for my spot to get their shipment.
Still on the fence on these.

^^ Their site is down for some reason.

EDIT: Scrap that, the site is just running really slow.

EDIT: Page finally loaded. They're actually selling them at 200. Sucks they don't have my size.

^
^

^

That vid did at least confirm that the shape/stitching is improved on the cement IV. Although the guy didnt do a direct comparison, you can see that the stitching line is better on the Cement

All these extra pics are looking 
pimp.gif

Terrible leather or not I'm still leaning towards doubling up on these.

What's up nt I know there's some good dudes on here so I need help. This is directed to my las Vegas nters

I'll be on Vegas on the 18 I'm doin my homework so what's the best place to cop these on release
Foot locker or niketown. Of course for my luck I'll be on the road when they hit the web.

So I've narrowed two locations ceasers footlocker and niketown I do have a car to travel in so atleast I have that. Any help would be cool pm if you can and don't wanna post on here thanks again nt.

I was in the same situation for the Royal Foams.  I walked from Excalibur to Caesar's mall
roll.gif
for their wristband, which they let you come in from opening to close for your guaranteed pair/size.  Not sure how they'll do it for this release as Nike Scottsdale's wristband just guaranteed you a pair and not a size.  But if NTLV follows the same procedure, I recommend them.  Good launch, good plan, and VERY good employees.
pimp.gif
  Take your car or the Deuce because that walk killed my feet for the rest of the trip.

^^ Their site is down for some reason.

EDIT: Scrap that, the site is just running really slow.

EDIT: Page finally loaded. They're actually selling them at 200. Sucks they don't have my size.

they charge $15 for shipping.

woulda been nice if they actuall charged retail
30t6p3b.gif
they charged $160 for the Chicagos
30t6p3b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom