Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still havent rocked my pair yet...but glad to hear good things from those who have worn them. Weather in NYC is starting to get nice. Will have to break these out soon. On another note, really would have liked to have seen the Columbias or Oreos with the perforated leather retro'd......well maybe one day

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Anybody who's been wearing their's a lot have any quality issues yet?

zero issues w/ my 1st pair..... they have a lot of miles on them w/ zero cracks or creases....actually wearing them right now

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
two slightly different angles with entirely different lighting
resulting in a deceptively close resemblance

we all know the lighting on these new ones makes a big difference

i'd like to see a side-by-side close up comparison of the back of the heel tabs where there
is no speckling (side by side meaning in the same pic w/ the same lighting)

found some better pics

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Finally found a pair for a decent price. Completely DS Never tried on for $200 off my local craigslist. Im very happy with these. 
2yo1rew.jpg

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Anybody who's been wearing their's a lot have any quality issues yet?

zero issues w/ my 1st pair..... they have a lot of miles on them w/ zero cracks or creases....actually wearing them right now

Nice...
pimp.gif

Thinking about un-DS'ing mine this weekend...

has anyone had a problem with sizing and the fit? I've been reluctant to wear them since I got them because they felt really stiff. And yesterday was the first day I put a mile on'em. They rubbed against my toe all day and there's already a pretty bad crease at the base of the toebox, and that's from one day, they HAVE to start putting better leather on these. There's no give. I'm gonna see if I can iron the creases out and put them on eBay. I hope the BRED ones that come out later this year fit better or this is gonna be a bad year for me

Dude they are shoes... They will crease... You got to live with it. Im currently in class today with my pair on feet. I feel like i could of possibly went a half size smaller but only because of the width. I feel like the length is pretty on point.

I bought 3 pair of these. I'm releasing one pair back into the wild this weekend. The other 2 i'm keeping. I wore a pair for the first time today. I had a smile on my face every time i looked down at my feet.

Anyone have any problems with the paint on the midsole?

Originally Posted by outlaw8413

has anyone had a problem with sizing and the fit? I've been reluctant to wear them since I got them because they felt really stiff. And yesterday was the first day I put a mile on'em. They rubbed against my toe all day and there's already a pretty bad crease at the base of the toebox, and that's from one day, they HAVE to start putting better leather on these. There's no give. I'm gonna see if I can iron the creases out and put them on eBay. I hope the BRED ones that come out later this year fit better or this is gonna be a bad year for me
"Iron out the creases"?!  
eek.gif

My man, I would not put a hot iron to a pair of Jordans, much less white leather...

Your best bet is to run them over with a damp towel and stuff them with socks very tightly to stretch the toebox and go over it gently with a warm hair-dryer...

If you use an iron, please post a video of the process...pics won't cut it...
nerd.gif

^ a cold water rag goes on top of the sneaker then the iron goes on top of the rag...steam happens, creases removed (slightly)

Originally Posted by moneymike88

^ a cold water rag goes on top of the sneaker then the iron goes on top of the rag...steam happens, creases removed (slightly)

ahhhhh...I've never used this method...although I've never really stressed creases to that extent either...I just had an image of dude putting an iron directly on the toebox...my mistake...

If steam is what gets the creases out, I would highly suggest using a steamer.  Steamers don't have a hot surface like an iron and they are much easier to maneuver on a sneaker.  I've also heard that a steamer can remove creases on the midsoles of XI's but I haven't tried this myself.

Originally Posted by dreb1989

If steam is what gets the creases out, I would highly suggest using a steamer.  Steamers don't have a hot surface like an iron and they are much easier to maneuver on a sneaker.  I've also heard that a steamer can remove creases on the midsoles of XI's but I haven't tried this myself.

Yea, there are a bunch of videos on youtube showing this process.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I bought 3 pair of these. I'm releasing one pair back into the wild this weekend. The other 2 i'm keeping. I wore a pair for the first time today. I had a smile on my face every time i looked down at my feet.

Anyone have any problems with the paint on the midsole?

I only got very minor chipping on the right side of my pair. But no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom