Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO these are one of the better IV's that have released in the last 2 years quality wise. I love my pair, still no cracking and I've worn these 20+ times. People hate on the leather, and yea it doesn't feel all that great, but creasing wise they've barely creased at all, 20+ wears and they still look VNDS. My Black Cements on the other hand are already starting to crack after 7-8 wears. Maybe I'm biased because these are one of my grails, i dunno, just don't understand some of the hate
indifferent.gif
Worn my pair 70-80 times and still no cracking. Just some minor squeaking.

White Cement was indeed the best among the 2011-2012 retros, quality wise.

Just a quick question, do you wear your pair with the hang tag on?

I didn't think the quality was great on these. Awful toebox creasing after one wear, especially in comparison to the V's this year which had little to no creasing. 

Why is the quality on point on these, but people complain about the leather on the V's this year?

It seems like the people who praise the quality on these care way more about how little creasing is shown after extended/numerous wears than anything else, so they probably liked the V's too.

I remember back in the days when I was a kid I was wearing them with the hangtag.  Now, I just rock them as is without the hangtag.  I just let the shoes itself do all the talking.  No need to have those dangling to show everyone they're j's. Good quality or not, they're comfortable enough for me.  I've worn them 10-20 and there's barely any creases/squeeks.  And when I walk, I walk.  I'm the type to not care too much about them getting dirty/creased either so it goes to show that these were made pretty decent. 

It seems like the people who praise the quality on these care way more about how little creasing is shown after extended/numerous wears than anything else, so they probably liked the V's too.

In two years people will like how the V's from this year don't crease

In two years people will like how the V's from this year don't crease

And this stiff plasticky leather/polyurethane combination will become the norm on more and more Jordan retros that once had beautiful soft, plush leather. :smh:

Last edited:

But the leather on these was so plasticky and creased after one wear. These definitely show creases bad.

I can't really speak to that fam :lol:

I'm not a part of the "I don't want my shoes to crease" gang AT ALL, and after I wore these 3 times I let my friend take them off of my hands out of disappointment.

We need these next year but with the og cement grey colour and nike air. not this darker shade!!!!!!!!!

We need these next year but with the og cement grey colour and nike air. not this darker shade!!!!!!!!!

1. you might night see these for another 10+ years.

2. There was nothing wrong with this release. Only thing missing if you really wanted to complain would be Nike Air, but not having that is expected.

1. you might night see these for another 10+ years.

2. There was nothing wrong with this release. Only thing missing if you really wanted to complain would be Nike Air, but not having that is expected.

only bad thing about this leather/release is now dudes are attempting to sell used pairs as ds because they dont show wear easy

had to file a dispute on some clown from mississippi claiming a pair he sent me was ds when they were laced different & had rocks in the damn grooves , but he constantly repeated "look at the toebox they arent creased so i couldnt have worn them" until i pointed out a toebox scuff & the aformentioned rocks

Last edited:
only bad thing about this leather/release is now dudes are attempting to sell used pairs as ds because they dont show wear easy

had to file a dispute on some clown from mississippi claiming a pair he sent me was ds when they were laced different & had rocks in the damn grooves , but he constantly repeated "look at the toebox they arent creased so i couldnt have worn them" until i pointed out a toebox scuff & the aformentioned rocks

:smh: thats not something anyone should have to deal with. Gotta be careful who you buy from. Hopefully everything worked out.

:smh: thats not something anyone should have to deal with. Gotta be careful who you buy from. Hopefully everything worked out.

oh it did... sent them back & got a full refund... techinally i lost $5 on the pony express shipping but thats ok

had to take a bunch of pics for paypal but thankfully i still had a ds pair of the iv's & the comparison pics were laughable .......they instantly sided the claim in my favor

oh it did... sent them back & got a full refund... techinally i lost $5 on the pony express shipping but thats ok

had to take a bunch of pics for paypal but thankfully i still had a ds pair of the iv's & the comparison pics were laughable .......they instantly sided the claim in my favor

Good to hear :smokin

Did these fit TTS?

I'm a size 13, reckon a 12.5 would work for me? About to cop a pair on ebay for retail.

Did these fit TTS?

I'm a size 13, reckon a 12.5 would work for me? About to cop a pair on ebay for retail.
IMO, they fit exactly like 1's, which is TTS for me. If you have a wide foot, I wouldn't size down. If you don't, you MIGHT be able to get away with it. If you have any of the recent 4's (Toros, Green Glows, Thunders etc.) they fit the same as those ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom