Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a pair a couple weeks ago, interesting story. So I hit up a guy on ebay for an invoice price on a preowned pair. We start texting and he told me $160 shipped, which was fine. He seemed legit, showed me pics and said he owns a clothing/shoe store in NY and gave me the website. I pay the invoice and said he will ship out on Monday.

I text him the following Wednesday and ask if he shipped the shoes. He says "let me check the store", and that's the last response I hear from him for the time being. I texted him multiple times about the shoes and no reply. A week passes by and I file a claim with PayPal. Guess who finally decides to reply back? He starts giving me some BS excuse about how he never got my address, even though its directly on paypal after a paid invoice. I question him about that and He starts blaming his "intern" saying he messed up somehow. Even asked why did he only reply once I filed a claim? The guy says that it was the "shop phone" (hahahahha ok great business practice there).

After being fed up with all this BS, I decide to just ask for my money back. He starts pleading with me that he'll send the shoes and will give me $30 off when I get them. I'm like, man how am I suppose to believe you? Give me the $30 now and I'll go through with the deal (risking him sending me crap but its covered by PayPal so I went for it).

Long story short, he gives me the $30 back, and actually shipped out the shoes. Everything ended up being legit. Eventually got what I wanted but gawd damn I had to swim through so much BS just to get them. Dude tried to scam me but was quick to act once I filed a claim and his funds got frozen.
wild story but id wait a few extra days for. $30 off anytime.

Patience is the key to finding one at a good price. Although I immediately bought my pair the week I missed out on these.  They're one of my favorite pairs. Trust me, you won't be disappointed once you have these in your hand. Personally, I only wear mine's on nicer days to keep these as clean as possible.  10-20 wears later, they are still holding up nicely still looking like the day I bought them.

I hope these don't retro anytime soon. I just copped another DS pair in the $300 range. Had to pull the trigger because they are so rare to find DS. I've probably only seen three to four ppl selling them DS locally over the past year.

I hope these don't retro anytime soon. I just copped another DS pair in the $300 range. Had to pull the trigger because they are so rare to find DS. I've probably only seen three to four ppl selling them DS locally over the past year.

And if you do find a ds pair, people want a crazy amount of cash for them.

I wore these joints like 50 times or more LOL
Still holding up with very little paint crack and minor scuffs
These are tanks :smokin

My feet are a size 9 length but a size 10 width. Whenever i wear a size 10, the width is pretty good but there's way too much heel room and i find the shoe coming up a lot, do you guys think using a shoe stretcher for a size 9 or 9.5 would be a good solution?

Finally got a pair a couple weeks ago, interesting story. So I hit up a guy on ebay for an invoice price on a preowned pair. We start texting and he told me $160 shipped, which was fine. He seemed legit, showed me pics and said he owns a clothing/shoe store in NY and gave me the website. I pay the invoice and said he will ship out on Monday.

I text him the following Wednesday and ask if he shipped the shoes. He says "let me check the store", and that's the last response I hear from him for the time being. I texted him multiple times about the shoes and no reply. A week passes by and I file a claim with PayPal. Guess who finally decides to reply back? He starts giving me some BS excuse about how he never got my address, even though its directly on paypal after a paid invoice. I question him about that and He starts blaming his "intern" saying he messed up somehow. Even asked why did he only reply once I filed a claim? The guy says that it was the "shop phone" (hahahahha ok great business practice there).

After being fed up with all this BS, I decide to just ask for my money back. He starts pleading with me that he'll send the shoes and will give me $30 off when I get them. I'm like, man how am I suppose to believe you? Give me the $30 now and I'll go through with the deal (risking him sending me crap but its covered by PayPal so I went for it).

Long story short, he gives me the $30 back, and actually shipped out the shoes. Everything ended up being legit. Eventually got what I wanted but gawd damn I had to swim through so much BS just to get them. Dude tried to scam me but was quick to act once I filed a claim and his funds got frozen.

What's the name of the so called store ?

Last edited:
My feet are a size 9 length but a size 10 width. Whenever i wear a size 10, the width is pretty good but there's way too much heel room and i find the shoe coming up a lot, do you guys think using a shoe stretcher for a size 9 or 9.5 would be a good solution?

Don't recommend it on the iv's. I tried this one time on my black cement iv's and they didn't even budge. I could imagine it's not good for the glue of the midsole either.

I wore these joints like 50 times or more LOL
Still holding up with very little paint crack and minor scuffs
These are tanks :smokin
Yup, worn mine 20+ times, no cracking at all. My bred and thunder iv's on the otherhand, have been each worn less than 10 times, and they're both starting to crack :smh:

i had these, but the net yellowed and I just couldn't wear them anymore. The rest of the shoe was fine, but that yellowed part...ewww. Thankfully I paid retail, wore them about 30 times, cleaned them up a bit (minus the yellowing) and sold them on flea bay and still managed to almost break even after fees and shipping.

If I could use everything I buy, then sell it after I'm done with it and get all of my money back, I'd be in a much better place in life. These shoes served me well.

In Paris as of now, various stores still have limited numbers of these at various prices...I was in shock to see cements, military, breds, fire reds all in stock...and legit.

Going price is 280 Euros, that might be why....

In Paris as of now, various stores still have limited numbers of these at various prices...I was in shock to see cements, military, breds, fire reds all in stock...and legit.

Going price is 280 Euros, that might be why....
I'd cop at that price. I wish I was there right now. Well kinda... no offense

Here on vacay, we went to the march today, its actually very cool to see people come together....

Picked up Cements, might do BREDS or FIRE REDS before I head back.

Scooped up a pair of craigslists friday for only $100. Minimal wear and still had the new shoe smell on it. VERY happy. I'll try to post pics once I figure it out lol
better late than never 
laugh.gif
 . For  $100 at the time, couldn't beat it. 

I remember I traded my pair for DS Playoff 13s. Glad I did too, because these 4s are the worst I've ever seen. From top to bottom, east and west, these come on my #1 list of the worst Jordan retros. Look how that netting becomes yellow only after 3 years |I. 89s and 99s didn't yellow like that.

Last edited:
I actually like how they look with yellowing lol. Best part is the midsole holds up and doesn't crack like the bred 4s.

I actually like how they look with yellowing lol. Best part is the midsole holds up and doesn't crack like the bred 4s.
Pro
I remember I traded my pair for DS Playoff 13s. Glad I did too, because these 4s are the worst I've ever seen. From top to bottom, east and west, these come on my #1 list of the worst Jordan retros. Look how that netting becomes yellow only after 3 years
tired.gif
. 89s and 99s didn't yellow like that.
Con 

Nah, these look like doodoo with yellowed netting. Kinda like how Concord XI's look ugly with yellowed mesh and soles. Some people will say say it evokes "character", to me it just evokes ugliness. :lol:

Nah, these look like doodoo with yellowed netting. Kinda like how Concord XI's look ugly with yellowed mesh and soles. Some people will say say it evokes "character", to me it just evokes ugliness. :lol:

I gotta agree with you there. I have never liked yellowing. Don't get it.

Men don't get bothered by yellowing soles and netting. Pretty boys on the other hand...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom