Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked with a worker at Champs today and they don't have any Men sizes only kids.Couldn't believe it should have asked if they were just holding them for all their friends. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by mmmmmbeeer

So I admit I'm not a sneakerhead or collector of kicks...I'm just a 35 yr old bald white dude who had to have these shoes back in middle school but my parents couldn't afford them.   Well, now that I'm an old man with a career and these are being retro'd, I'm sure as hell going to buy them.  I've been looking for pre-orders for the last 2 months and finally found some available at SoleLegit for $270 shipped.  Ridiculous price but my old $+@ is surely not going to camp out nor am I confident that I'd be able to get a pair tomorrow night.  So I purchased them from SL.  Order processed...hit my card, etc.  Now these foos won't even respond to my email requesting confirmation that I'm definitely getting my kicks.  I never got a confirmation from them, just from Google Checkout.  They are listed in the NT Legit Sellers post so I'm sure hoping I get my IV's.  Surely they can appreciate the fact that release is tomorrow night and customers want assurances that they can confidently let release day roll by knowing that their pair is on the way.  If they don't email me tomorrow I guess I'll be forced to double-up tomorrow night if I can snag a pair online.  Which site is most reliable, NDC, Eastbay, or FL?

Definitely ndc

Originally Posted by snax91

Talked with a worker at Champs today and they don't have any Men sizes only kids.Couldn't believe it should have asked if they were just holding them for all their friends. 
sick.gif
They should have men's sizes..All of their pairs are probably spoken for by employees.

Originally Posted by RobRockin218

Just received my pair from sneakerhead.com. All i gotta say is wow, quality is much better than military's, mars, cdp, cool grey's etc. My only gripe is I had to settle for a size 10 coz all 9.5 was sold out
frown.gif
. I normally wear a 10, but like people mentioned on here is to get your actually size unless you really have wide feet then that's a different story. I do have some room in the toe box, but it's all good I'll just put some extra soles and I'll be good haha..If not, come release day, I'll try and cop another.

I highly doubt that the quality on the 2012 cements is better than the military,mars, or cool grey iv's.

Originally Posted by mross16

Just received my pair from sneakerhead.com. All i gotta say is wow, quality is much better than military's, mars, cdp, cool grey's etc. My only gripe is I had to settle for a size 10 coz all 9.5 was sold out
frown.gif
. I normally wear a 10, but like people mentioned on here is to get your actually size unless you really have wide feet then that's a different story. I do have some room in the toe box, but it's all good I'll just put some extra soles and I'll be good haha..If not, come release day, I'll try and cop another.

I highly doubt that the quality on the 2012 cements is better than the military,mars, or cool grey iv's.
You my friend have no idea what you're talking about. Military and Mars IVs were one of the most worst produced sneakers JB has made in the past decade. The leather was soo bad and there were so many reports of glue stains, defects and squeaking.

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

i call one of my spots in bk around 10 am, they didnt have em, i call back around 4pm sold out.. +$*.

thats how sheisty some shops are it sucks but its part of the game

frown.gif

they are a better quality tho

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

frown.gif

You my friend have no idea what you're talking about. Military and Mars IVs were one of the most worst produced sneakers JB has made in the past decade. The leather was soo bad and there were so many reports of glue stains, defects and squeaking.
I held these 4s in my hand and checked out the leather......it's not exactly a step up from Mars or Militaries from 06.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

frown.gif

Have you not seen the cheap stuff they're using on a majority of the retro's now? You're partially right about what you're saying but I still think the quality on both those retros will be better than these that drop tomorrow. Pretty much every shoe that has dropped in the past couple of years has been greeted by large amounts of hate about the quality, defects, or squeaking and we all know that the quality of the cool grey iv's is far better than the 2012 cements. You'll see all of the complaints roll in after the release.

Looking an ebay, there seem to be quite a few pairs in the 240-260 range. That's bound to go down after the supply goes up tomorrow.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

frown.gif

they are a better quality tho

This is good to know.
Excited that its only a day and a half away.

160 + tax 16 bucks give or take = $175 pretty much is retail.

If you ask me that is way too much for a retro with bad quality.

I feel sorry for all the new kids that just started getting to shoes in the last 5 years.

Jordan Brand is pretty slick man. The price point was just right to have people still bite.

I wonder if the MsRP would have been $200 would people still buy.

I don't think so but if you really look at it your 5 singles and 2 ten dollar bills away from $200 from a chipping piece of $@$# product.

Be smart younglings be smart .....

MSRP on my old retro says 99.99

LMAOThere gonna sellout regardless but I truly feel sorry for you guys that are handing over car payments for this crap.

Seeing how this isn't as Hyped of a JB release as CGs or Concords I'm expecting & HOPING this to goes as smooth as it did last year for all my 3s on NDC

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

I feel sorry for all the new kids that just started getting to shoes in the last 5 years.

Jordan Brand is pretty slick man. The price point was just right to have people still bite.

I don't think so but if you really look at it your 5 singles and 2 ten dollar bills away from $200 from a chipping piece of $@$# product.

what bad quality? my bro has had 'em for over a week, worn them everyday except today because it rained in ny, still looking brand new

wore mine yest. to macy's to do some shopping, u couldn't even tell i wore them unless i told u

quality is great on these.

frown.gif

I don't think saying these are better is saying much

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

tumblr_lyb81cimgp1rngtbko1_400.gif

i am only copping from 2 UK sites this time because im trying to avoid the hellacious customs fees that i was charged for my concord orders from ui, end, and ct. luckily i was able to get the ct and ui customs fees credited but i still owe about $120 in customs fees for the 4 pairs of concords i copped from end. and the under $250 means no customs fees logic is complete B.S., plenty of nt members were charged $40+ customs fees for just one pair of concords ordered from end, ui, and ct. so far i know of 2 Uk sites that you can cop multiple pairs from without customs fees.

Justification for the price x quality

Musta struck a cord.FutureD, You joined 1/2/2012? That's a mighty post count for 1 month and 17 days brotha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom