Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't lined up in over 9 years. Yes, 2003 was the last time I lined up, which was for the Black/Red XII's.

Missed out online cuz of crashing servers. Took my chance. Lined up at 4:30 at the West Covina Mall, was around 70th person in line.
laugh.gif
 Security kinda screwed up the lines and directed people to different stores. I got lucky and got stuck with a line where all the dudes wore 10 and above at the Champs store. This Champs store had only 12 pairs total (Mostly size 10-12's, 2 pairs of 9's and one 8.5.)  Was lucky to cop the last size 9! So relieved! Mission accomplished. I can go to sleep now.
roll.gif

NEVER LINING UP AGAIN!
laugh.gif

Stork, I was stuck in the same line with you then since I was in the champs line.

congrats to all that copped!! everybody pics are dope. i cant even lie im upset i missed out. hopefully there is a restock

Originally Posted by RV019

Originally Posted by penalize

Originally Posted by RV019

Well, here's my story.

I ran to get in line for footlocker. I got first and we get kicked out
I ran to get in line for footlocker. I got 6th and we get kicked out
I ran to get in line for shoe palace. I got 12th and they only have 8 pairs
I ran to get in line for Robert Wayne. I got 1st and the manager says "We're out of men's sizes guys sorry. We only have kids and women sizes"
I ran to get in line for shoeteria. I got 15th and they only have 1 pair available.

I was first in line twice and walked away empty handed. 3 stories don't even have 15 pairs all together. %#%*%*!% mall.
I really hate the Ontario Mills mall
why are you getting kicked out of lines?

Because we're "trespassing" 
tired.gif

then you prob shouldnt tresspass

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ this little kid waiting 6+ hrs and saying they were an "easy cop".

Wow!!!!
laugh.gif
!.  Try sleeping in until 10-11 and going to get some breakfast, then making a trip to your local spot and swoopin up a pair, chatting with your boys about how sweet they are.  Debating on whether you want anther pair or not.  Leaving with your one pair only to go walk around the mall for another hour or so.  Finally getting some lunch with the boys and busting your kix out for all to see, realizing, "Damn, these are clean, should get another pai
eek.gif
r".  After eating lunch and admiring on the sweetness of the AIR JORDAN, saying eff it and going back for another size to complete the double copp, hours after release, then high fiving all the fellas on a good day
smokin.gif
.  Two kix later, and a fit to go with it, that's an easy copp  little man.
pimp.gif
  Im sure you were a tadpole back then and cant really relate but big ups to your dedication and work.  I seen alot of parents out there rolling their eyes and kids keeping their distance just to prevent their parents from getting frustrated and possibly changing their mind
roll.gif

I honestly think these were worse than the concords, not from a mayhem standpoint but the fact that no stores around here had more than 20-25 pairs.

Maybe my area got shafted but these definitely weren't a GR, entire mall wiped clean in 10 minutes. Got em', but I can't keep this up.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by 45DE

laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

Story time:

Woke up around 7 after trying to cop off NDC all night... got to my local mall around 8 and the finishline had 1 pair of each size (or so they said)
They were handing out cards which was good for keeping order, started getting worried when dudes kept leaving empty handed, alot of guys even left becuase their size was gone. I got a pair...but not my size
frown.gif

I got a size 13 and needed an 11, 11.5 or 12
eyes.gif

mad.gif
So why did you buy them you look stupid now
roll.gif

Did you just try to play dude and failed miserably, making yourself look stupid in the process
30t6p3b.gif

Let me school you

1. He can try to make a trade
2. If these stay over the $250 mark, he can sell his pair in order to get a pair in his size. That way he won't really be paying reseller prices. He'll be able to break even or close to it.

Get it now?
I bought them because I was last in line, and had waited for HOURS. After failing on NDC and several other websites my last option was to trade the size 13 to somebody who actually needed them and had my size, or to sell and then get my size that I want. Pretty simple concept.

...Thank you Magic 1978...

I still don't believe this release was limited at all. My Champs had 100 men's size pairs and I'm in Northwest Indiana, not even in Chicago. The FTL and FNL had another 50 each. I am highly skeptical of this being limited when the same store that got 100 only had 90 Concords. This was for all intents and purposes a general, nationwide release. A limited release, ie Quickstrike doesn't hit every Champs, Foot Locker and Finish Line. The fact that I was able to secure 5 pairs without using any connections speaks to the greater availability IMO. Those of you that had stores with only a handful of pairs must have ++%$*% management and sales, or just hoard the good releases for themselves. Either way, that doesn't make these limited.

FYI - eBay does show finished auctions hitting the $300+ price point. It seems the secondary market feels that's the price. Not sure I'll price the 1-2 pairs I will have to sell for over $250. Seems like gouging for a GR.

Originally Posted by PR0LiFiKz

Haven't lined up in 10 years. Yes, 2002 was the last time I lined up, which was for the Black/Red XII's.

Missed out online cuz of crashing servers. Took my chance. Lined up at 4:30 at the West Covina Mall, was around 70th person in line.
laugh.gif
 Security kinda screwed up the lines and directed people to different stores. I got lucky and got stuck with a line where all the dudes wore 10 and above at the Champs store. This Champs store had only 12 pairs total (Mostly size 10-12's, 2 pairs of 9's and one 8.5.)  Was lucky to cop the last size 9! So relieved! Mission accomplished. I can go to sleep now.
roll.gif

NEVER LINING UP AGAIN!
laugh.gif

Stork, I was stuck in the same line with you then since I was in the champs line.

I was thinking about going there to the west covina mall but damn 70 people.thank god I didn't go anymore

Originally Posted by PR0LiFiKz

Haven't lined up in 10 years. Yes, 2002 was the last time I lined up, which was for the Black/Red XII's.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

NEVER LINING UP AGAIN!
laugh.gif

Nice!, yeah i'm not lining up ever again, big waste of time, i probably could of got them online on sneaker st or something. the longest i can wait in line is an hour
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif

Originally Posted by jetta23

Copped mine from Footlocker.com at 1218am eastern time. 15 min wait was worth it!!!
happy.gif

Got my 2nd pair, went to footlocker and size 13 was still available. It pays to give good feedback about employees on those surveys. They take care of you too.
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom