Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Not only are you a hater but you are horrible at math. If I paid $170 and am selling for $275 that is a $95 profit

^ That is the greatest thing I've read on here, haha.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You dudes gotta go back to math class.

Glad I got my pair. This is probably the last release of the year for me. Everything else releasing I already own. It has been wild as of late to cop kicks demand is so high.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Not only are you a hater but you are horrible at math. If I paid $170 and am selling for $275 that is a $95 profit

^ That is the greatest thing I've read on here, haha.
Maybe he is taking some money off for shipping?

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Originally Posted by Franco23x

You paid 170.. your selling for 275 you make a 100 dollar profit
You *#%$. 

Not only are you a hater but you are horrible at math. If I paid $170 and am selling for $275 that is a $95 profit....... Please shut the $%@$ up and keep it moving, you dont like what Im doing then you can politely E.A.D.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trappedintime

The Internet created a marketplace for sellers. All you fools are ignorant if you don't realize that eBay, CL and the like didn't exist in the late 90's. The Internet existed but it wasn't used for commerce very much until 8-10 years ago. It's true that no one sold Jordans aftermarket for inflated prices, but hardly anyone collected in the 90's. Most of this forum didn't! I bought 1-3 pairs a year, and I wore them. I balled in them. Sure, I hung onto them, but they were mostly beat. 1994 introduced the retro concept, something unheard of really for sneakers. I was 10 and I got my AJ I white/reds a few weeks after they released mainly bc I would take a weekly trip to the mall with my mom after church just to window shop and saw them. The idea that I could have these shoes he wore that I never thought I could own was amazing to me then!

But it wasn't until after MJ was done and his legend cemented and the new and innovative designs stopped dropping that the retro game even started, that collecting became a passion. For many in my generation our spending power was limited until the mid 2000's, which created a demand for even those of us who were into the OG's while younger kids who missed Jordan got a piece of history too (like me in 94). flash forward a decade and FB, Twitter and other social media (tumblr comes to mind for hype) not only connect friends, but strangers. Blogging tools made it easy to create sites like nice kicks and the like. None of these tools existed in the early 2000's or were very raw and not adopted strongly. All of this creates a cohesive culture of greed and envy, peer pressure, and places to showcase collections of wealth and history.

The past few years (2009-2012) is really the first time all of this has come together. Nike has great people running the company, and I'm not talking about their shoe designers. They are a marketing company first and foremost, and they hire the best talent and stay on top of trends in marketing. They have leveraged digital marketing and word of mouth to create hype and minimize costs, while rolling out a well executed lineup of old and new. They have strategically decided when to release shoes like the Concords (limited then a few years later GR) and this shoe. Right now we are the apex of their strategy for this line of product, and what you're seeing from them, the secondary market, and consumers is all of that strategy coming to fruition.

There's a lot about ourselves and this so called "game" (a term coined by sneaker heads to give this habitual buying and materialism some semblance of relevance and ubiquity from straight up consumerism) not to like. Come to grips with it, come to grips with your part in it, and come to grips with how the largest shoe and athletic apparel company in the world is using us all for their profit. Keep it all in perspective and realize that this community isn't based on anything all that lasting or unique (spending money on what most of the world would consider luxury items), and because of that you can't expect as many people as possible not to take advantage for greedy reasons. MJ is greedy. Nike is greedy. We are greedy. Greedy for more Jordans, greedy for the latest and greatest style to impress others with, greedy to profit off our addiction. And outsiders will too bc it comes off quite petty and stupid to most.

Just my perspective on things, take it for what it's worth, which ain't much.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Great Post.

*Peeps his nike stock on tuesday*
laugh.gif

I made this thread about a week ago,  Everybody and they mama got on Js , and cats wanted to make me out to be a buffoon.
This is the state of the game for at least another three years. The kids AND the parents want to have on the latest, most hyped up Jordans.

I want to personally thank you guys for the info that is shared on here because it keeps me in the know.

NDC is no longer reliable, and that was the last resort after Eastbay and Finishline.com showed they couldn't handle a major release.

I will be "converting" my money for a lot of the upcoming releases. 

Originally Posted by rowdyonez

I dont see the prices dropping, but for everyone who didnt get a pair sake, I hope it do.

They will but not by much, and then go right back up. People tend to forget most 99's aren't wearable anymore so these are basically it as far as the market is concerned.

It's a OG IV colorway, enough said.

Not only are you a hater but you are horrible at math. If I paid $170 and am selling for $275 that is a $95 profit....... Please shut the $%@$ up and keep it moving, you dont like what Im doing then you can politely E.A.D.

This isn't algebra or calculus

1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve.gif

I edited this last night during the mayhem and passed out before i could upload it.  enjoy.
roll.gif

Really homey?? $5000 as opposed to $275??? get the $%@$ outta here!!
You *#%$. 

I think your forgetting that your going to charge $15 for shipping... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

Originally Posted by DoubleD Productions

Headed to monroeville mall this morning at around 645, got their at 715 and was 16th in line at FNL. Finally grabbed my 9.5
and paid for an 11 for my boy (my other friend waited in line with me but he wasnt getting any for himself). When we were 

leaving I hit dude up to tell him the good news that we got his size 11 for him but he dodged my calls and then finally texts me 

saying he doesn't want them now and cant afford to pay me back smh. 

So..... now you have two shoes that are worth more than what you paid for them??? ... I don't really see your problem, you could easily sell that second pair off for 220 and make a quick 50 bucks.... 
Im going to and its not a bad situation, but I was just heated at how he handled it... ignored calls then texted me?? After me and my
boy were in line for hours... thats crazy lol. So more so heated at my boy than having an extra pair of cements

Really homey?? $5000 as opposed to $275??? get the $%@$ outta here!!
You *#%$. 

laugh.gif

Actually shipping is free that was just dumb on my part right there and the sad part is I use to be an accountant.....
laff.gif

laugh.gif

Actually shipping is free that was just dumb on my part right there and the sad part is I use to be an accountant.....
laff.gif
"Used to be" now we know why.
laugh.gif

Had my pair on hold at my local DTLR thank you to my hook up! Walked in with ease and for RETAIL!!!

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I would have never guessed that this would trump the concord release... I stand corrected

People like you didn't help the situation. Last night you were adamant that many of us were going to have our NDC orders canceled. I would have slept in, but I was slightly concerned there was a shred of legitimacy to your posts, and I knew like most high demand releases this would be impossible for reasonable aftermarket prices. Now I have two extra pairs. Two pairs someone else would have bought.So in summary, NDC's failures last night contributed to a lot of the demand this morning, more than should have existed for many of us.

I learned something in while waiting in line apparently in philly there are those that call themselves "sneaker trappers"

The guys waiting in line didn't even know what sneaker they were camping for but were waiting for 4+ hours.

They were bragging about being sneaker trappers and these were grown men

The funny trying is that its not like they had several pairs, they each had one pair they were "trapping"

Couple of them in line were still trying to off their red foamposites
30t6p3b.gif
Sad sad world

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

laugh.gif

laff.gif
"Used to be" now we now why.
laugh.gif

exactly! now im in the MMJ business...

those who come in here and talk about coping with ease, does it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside once you hit quick reply? what are you insecure and 12? i got my pair after having troubles last night but i wouldn't gloat, nor would i come in here and rub it in others faces when we all know nothing about this release was EASY.

if you woke up on a saturday morning before 9AM, that wasn't easy.

if you refreshed the check out on FNL, eastbay or any other site more than 2 times last night, it wasn't easy.

if you waited patiently for Nike to fail us with their Twitter updates, it wasn't easy.

if you had to wait in line for more than 30 minutes, it wasn't easy.

NOTHING was really easy because if it was, we'd all have pairs. that isn't the case.

stop bragging about nonsense.

man lucked out on NDC and in store... sad day for me... but still looking and keeping my hopes up to find a sz 12

Just copped 3 pairs, two size 9s and an 8.5. I'm a 9 in every jordan besides IV's and these definitely run big. Im keeping the 8.5s and selling one of the 9's to try and get another 8.5. But overall copping these weren't too bad and Im in eastern PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom