Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD!
PRICE HAS NEVER BEEN THE ISSUE. IT'S A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS...OR EVEN JUST TO SHIP. THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS FROM A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP.
EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT ASK OR OFFER SOMEONE TO USE A SWOOSH/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.
IT'S A VIOLATION SINCE YOU WOULD STILL NEED TO PAY/ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM SOMEONE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS.
TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS.
(PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE OUT, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE.​
 ​
POSTING ONLINE DISCOUNT CODES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

No quality issues, I have worn the pair on the right 5 times and heavy, plus I drive a stick shift on top of that which normally causes the left foot to crease more, but my pair hasn't been bad at all. This is such a very underrated classic shoe and colorway! :nthat:

Last edited:
Definitely a classic.  Let all of the people whining about creases continue to whine.  Considering some of the crap that passes for "quality" nowadays, I'm just glad to have a wearable pair of this shoe.  No qualms at all about my purchase.

Nah this shoe had poor chinese ninja factory workerz quality. Shame to even have it stored in my closet.

NO mars IV are chinese sweatshop variant type quality. These and the Militaries were pretty decent compared to the 06 retro release.

Last edited:
I have paint chipping around the back after 8-10 wears. Smh my black cements seem to be much more durable though

I have paint chipping around the back after 8-10 wears. Smh my black cements seem to be much more durable though
The fire red quality was absolutely terrible.

Mine came pre-creased along with a stain on the netting.

Worn them about 10 times and there is cracking on mine as well on both shoes.

I hope the black cement 4s I bought are better.

lol right shoe finally chipped. really minimal tho. quality isnt as bad as people make it out to be on my pair, creases are minimal and craftsmanship is good.

lol right shoe finally chipped. really minimal tho. quality isnt as bad as people make it out to be on my pair, creases are minimal and craftsmanship is good.
Yea mines came chipped as well , Still love them though . Such a beautiful sneaker lol .

Only wore mines twice , to the movies , witch is were 90% of my J's only come out to make an appearance for. Since i am sitting down with out pressuring them with the wight of my body .

and i drive a 99 Civic Si with an aftermarket ACT stage 3 clutch , so you can imagine the beatings the left shoe always recieves .

My bred 4s look flawless comapred to these . havent worn them yet though , still DS ! =D

Still trying to cop a pair but after hearing the quality issues not sure if I want to now. This is my favorite IV colorway! SMH...

Definitely underated, this leather was no worse than the white cement. Its a preference of soft leather or hard. white cement = hardest 2012
Milt blue = softest 2012 Fire red = in the middle. Wore mine once, still look great. Real clean looking shoe, and comfortable too.

m.finishline.com/controller?bcSec=Search+Results&bcSubSec=Search+Results&sid=76A951F382EA4802FA9EC193EEF3F199&Au=P_ProductID&A=22736&An=0

Size 8, 9, and 14 for UNDER retail. Hop on it NT heads! I wish they had a 10.5, I regret missing out on these.

Last edited:
I tried selling mine on ebay but i had no luck and pulled it. I love this colorway but cant stand the quality. I know i am never going to wear this pair with how ****** the materials are.

I've worn my pair 2 times.. I don't think these are as bad as people are saying. I like this release more than the mars, I hate the leather on the mars 4 super thin and flimsy..

Last edited:
m.finishline.com/controller?bcSec=Search+Results&bcSubSec=Search+Results&sid=76A951F382EA4802FA9EC193EEF3F199&Au=P_ProductID&A=22736&An=0

Size 8, 9, and 14 for UNDER retail. Hop on it NT heads! I wish they had a 10.5, I regret missing out on these.
I saw that earlier now they're gone. >:

I have been wearing mines all spring break. I don't know why the VRIVs are so ridiculed I find them to be a dope warm weather sneaker. The white, red, black plus the netting and wings make this shoe pop in the sun. Varsity/Fire reds are the best Air Jordan IV colorway

Sports Chalet in the Burbank Mall has a pair size 12. Looks like someone returned it w/ the creases it has. Just thought I'd let my LA peeps know...

Back
Top Bottom