***Official Air Jordan Retro 8 Black/Red Post!***

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

I will never, EVER buy from finishline ..

I got charged THREE times for an item i could NOT order on the damn website...so i get no shoes, and missing $380 in my bank acct...Needless to say, i called customer service unbeleivably pissed..no confirmation emails, no order print out, just money taken out of my account...

Angel
You didnt get your money back?

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Originally Posted by akaValentino

on my WAMU statement it says that my Finishline transaction is still pending.

WTF FINISHLINE!!! I WANT MY VIII's ALREADY!!! yes I'm mad. back off.
should of just went to the stores. They didn't sell out. Well i guess it depends where u live....

that sounds great but it sounds better when you get 20% off and free shipping. mines should be here very shortly.

easiest cop of the year imo...just walked into my store today, called up the homegirl n she rung me up...lol, n they still had more sizes

these are in the top quality tier of retros released in the past few years. These are better quality than the Aqua's IMO. If you want to list off some recent retro's that exceed the quality of these please feel free.
I'm sorry...when I speak in terms of quality I am speaking in reference of comparison to the OG counterparts...None of them feel as good asOG's, but I mean at least the aquas looked the part...

Anyone who remembers, or in this case still wears their OG's, knows that the way they make J's today is far from quality, Not only can they for somereason not make them match the look of the OG's, but they make them as cheap as they can make them and still call them authentic and still charge the sameHigh price or higher than they did 10+ years ago...

They can do this because the younger generation has no basis of comparison...this is why I take the chance of being looked at as a cynical old geezer of theshoe game, and voice my unhappiness about how this brand has changed its morals, values , and mission statement from the glory days that these young guysdon't even remember...

I mean I read a post where someone stated the reason he wanted these was they came out on his first birthday....Like he actually remembers waking up that dayand heading to footlocker just to touch and feel the New J's...No offense to him, but if they really new they would be just as upset as I am that JBsomehow couldn't find the extra pennies to add a red pull tab to this shoe, and paint the midsole black like they were supposed to...

But hey, maybe I shouldn't complain I mean they did save me some money by making it easy to pass on these poor replicas....

All I ask is Look at as many pics as you can of the actual 8's, preferably with MJ wearing em in game action, and tell me you think they did the rightthing on this one....
m_923dc403443b4351e130e347299a663b.jpg

^^^ The midsoles are suppose to be black I am going to do these right. Il go with the spray paint and if that doesn't work il brush them with black paintI'l post the pics 1ce i am done. The grey midsole looks like crap

for my 2000th post

i swapped out the lace locks from my grapes and carolinas to seperate myself from the sneaker birds and bandwagon posers in nyc

close up of swapped lace locks

my sneaker spot is the only one in nyc that sells these t-shirts...i look at this and think, "freshness
pimp.gif
"

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

these are in the top quality tier of retros released in the past few years. These are better quality than the Aqua's IMO. If you want to list off some recent retro's that exceed the quality of these please feel free.
I'm sorry...when I speak in terms of quality I am speaking in reference of comparison to the OG counterparts...None of them feel as good as OG's, but I mean at least the aquas looked the part...

Anyone who remembers, or in this case still wears their OG's, knows that the way they make J's today is far from quality, Not only can they for some reason not make them match the look of the OG's, but they make them as cheap as they can make them and still call them authentic and still charge the same High price or higher than they did 10+ years ago...

They can do this because the younger generation has no basis of comparison...this is why I take the chance of being looked at as a cynical old geezer of the shoe game, and voice my unhappiness about how this brand has changed its morals, values , and mission statement from the glory days that these young guys don't even remember...

I mean I read a post where someone stated the reason he wanted these was they came out on his first birthday....Like he actually remembers waking up that day and heading to footlocker just to touch and feel the New J's...No offense to him, but if they really new they would be just as upset as I am that JB somehow couldn't find the extra pennies to add a red pull tab to this shoe, and paint the midsole black like they were supposed to...

But hey, maybe I shouldn't complain I mean they did save me some money by making it easy to pass on these poor replicas....

All I ask is Look at as many pics as you can of the actual 8's, preferably with MJ wearing em in game action, and tell me you think they did the right thing on this one....
m_923dc403443b4351e130e347299a663b.jpg

Finaaly someone who feels how i feel.... I"ll wait on a few packs and foams/flights in 08..... youngn's can keep these... I'll rock my 8low tops... atleast they had good quality

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

Are there a lot of these left in SoCal like lakewood mall, del amo mall, or cerritos mall?

why dont you call them lazy

called finishline to confirm my order and they said its processing and should be shipping this week. as back up plan B I ordered my pairs on eastbay also just in case FNL doesnt come through.
tongue.gif
Aren't you special!
eyes.gif

My!+@+ still says processing, fred 3s came in before i ever got any kinda confirmation, they must be way behind.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

Are there a lot of these left in SoCal like lakewood mall, del amo mall, or cerritos mall?

why dont you call them lazy

called finishline to confirm my order and they said its processing and should be shipping this week. as back up plan B I ordered my pairs on eastbay also just in case FNL doesnt come through.
tongue.gif
Aren't you special!
eyes.gif

haha no im just sharing my thoughts and possibly some may follow just in case. not anything special really. anyways hopefully FNL will come through and wecan all be sharing our belated xmas together haha merry christmas everyone!!

The 8s are pretty nice. The quality still kinda sucks but relatively to colorwise and the way it was done, it's nice.

It's sickening how it's on everyone's feet though.

Originally Posted by blco02

How come some pics of the OG's have a black midsole? I.E. like the OG vs. Retro thread? Just Wonderin
Because the OG's had a black midsole.

no they didn't, it was a glittery grey...so in some pics its black in other parts its grey.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

It's sickening how it's on everyone's feet though.
very sickening...luckily jb nubuck gets ashy..steady wearers will kill their pairs by February..ill unDS in spring

went to my spot at 1 in the afternoon excahged the extra pair of aquas i got during the 50% off a few days ago n walked out happy knowing i copped blk redviii's on release day for $75 after tax .

now i just gotta hold on to the two other extra pairs of aquas i have n a kids pair i also have n exchange those for the countdown pack in january

merry christmas everyone.

Back
Top Bottom