***Official Air Jordan Retro 8 Black/Red Post!***

Got mine today...........
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by a7rome

I'm sorry...when I speak in terms of quality I am speaking in reference of comparison to the OG counterparts...None of them feel as good as OG's, but I mean at least the aquas looked the part...

Anyone who remembers, or in this case still wears their OG's, knows that the way they make J's today is far from quality, Not only can they for some reason not make them match the look of the OG's, but they make them as cheap as they can make them and still call them authentic and still charge the same High price or higher than they did 10+ years ago...

They can do this because the younger generation has no basis of comparison...this is why I take the chance of being looked at as a cynical old geezer of the shoe game, and voice my unhappiness about how this brand has changed its morals, values , and mission statement from the glory days that these young guys don't even remember...

I mean I read a post where someone stated the reason he wanted these was they came out on his first birthday....Like he actually remembers waking up that day and heading to footlocker just to touch and feel the New J's...No offense to him, but if they really new they would be just as upset as I am that JB somehow couldn't find the extra pennies to add a red pull tab to this shoe, and paint the midsole black like they were supposed to...

But hey, maybe I shouldn't complain I mean they did save me some money by making it easy to pass on these poor replicas....

All I ask is Look at as many pics as you can of the actual 8's, preferably with MJ wearing em in game action, and tell me you think they did the right thing on this one....
m_923dc403443b4351e130e347299a663b.jpg
I HAD TO LET MY OPINION OUT,,,

ok JB has been here for 22 going on 23 years now,,correct??
if ive noticed anything about the brand since the past,,ive noticed that quality apperantley isnt a factor anymore to consumers,,see my first pair of jordans that i actually cherrished and tried my best to keep in the best condition would be the powder blue X`s,,although I was very young I was very careful with these shoes,,but if i can say anything about them,,I would say that they held up way,way better than my retro X`s from `05,,although the quality of retro shoes aren`t nearly as good as the OG`s,,we still buy them,,see JB has alot of young guys including my self on a spell,,we can sit on the computer all day arguing about how cheap the quality of shoes are now days,,but I gurantee you that next Saturday they`ll be a line coming out of footlocker with all of us in it,,you see we dont care about quality anymore,,if the shoes look nice,,were satisfied,,thats why most of us here on NT buy several pairs of the same shoe when a new pair releases,,why?? because we love the shoe and shoes,,now no one can deny,,JB shoe quality sucks,,i can go to payless and get shoes with way better quality for a way cheaper price,,but were finatics and finatics dont care about quality,,we just love shoes,,my step-dad stopped collecting shoes a while back,,and i asked him why?? all he told me was "they just dont make them like they used to" it took me a while to understand and sink in what he had told me,,but from what all the OG niketalkers are saying,,its obviously true,,but still we love shoes so were still gonna spend 100`s yearly,,
Obviously I agree with what both of you are saying. But in my original reply I was speaking strictly about reent retros. We all know none of theseshoes compare to the OG's, that's why they're @@%#!%$ retros! All i was stating is that within the past few years these are pretty top tier interms of the retro +!!# we've been getting. There's no argument that these > OG's. As I said before in terms of recent retro J's i'msatisifed with these.

And BTW the midsole on the the OG's are grey. They're a much darker grey than the retros but they are grey.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I got my pairs in from Eastbay today and I'm pleased with them. I'm a little bit surprised how fast these went considering they are GR's but obviously people can't have enough black and red Jordans in their collection.

But I still think the Aquas are hotter than these. I just like the color scheme better.

they delivered on xmas day? wow thats nice.

i got mine from my lil sis for christmas I LOVE THIS SHOE, i bought the lows in 04 and now i have the mids YEAHH!!!

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I got my pairs in from Eastbay today and I'm pleased with them. I'm a little bit surprised how fast these went considering they are GR's but obviously people can't have enough black and red Jordans in their collection.

But I still think the Aquas are hotter than these. I just like the color scheme better.

they delivered on xmas day? wow thats nice.
Nah, they came through on Christmas Eve. Sometime early in the morning. There was some confusion at first due to some inaccurate information onUPS' site, but I got em on time. Next day delivery.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by airjordanboy23

anyone know where i can get these 2 bulls shirts, they look perfect with the playoff 8s especially the 3rd one, i need it badly.

8fevjtj.jpg
Info on 3rd shirt???

Got my sz 8.5 at like 5 pm for retail. Didn't think I wud cuz I wear such a hard to find sz........very Happy with the quality, feels good to have them inmy life again, cuz wen I was little I cooked my of pair :-(

no offense...but Only a young kid could feel this way...

what does age have to do with anything?Knowledge outways age

I agree the quality of retros can never hold a candle to ogs, but we have been getting better quality retros in recent years

and being that i feel your pain over the lackluster quality JB has peddled to us over the years, there comes a time when you don't get everything you want,thats part of life. If you want that good ole OG quality, spend 300+ on ebay and I hope you can get a few good wears before the midsole crumbles like stalecookies. Otherwise take your 140+ tax you spent on the retro and get all the wears you want and enjoy the shoes for what they are, a REMAKE of a classic.

^^^ The midsoles are suppose to be black I am going to do these right. Il go with the spray paint and if that doesn't work il brush them with black paint I'l post the pics 1ce i am done. The grey midsole looks like crap

[table][tr][td][/td] [td]
do you see a black midsole on MJs own pair, hmmm?
[/td] [/tr][/table]
d94151d90a86a87c88645342daabac6fe040432.pjpg

or this pair maybe?No i sure don't
d722590d4402a873a1d70a63e406ee72ac7f43c.pjpg

but if you want to change yours shoes to make them like the way you think they were supposed to be then it was your money that you spent on them then dowhat you feel homey
smile.gif

thank u man
ive been tryin to clear this up.
the og playoffs midsole, was never black
it is almost the same and if not the exact same tone as the retro og playoffs misole

here are some pics
this will help a bunch of you guys out:

k1961a.jpeg

as you can see the midsole is glittery metallic, depending on lighting, it may sometimes appear to be black.
here's one more to seal the deal:
k1961b.jpeg

is everyone clear on this now?
clearly this isnt a straight black midsole.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by iis0g0tem

i just called fnl and they said my order has been fulfilled and is awating a ups tracking number.

Just called as well, and they gave me the same info. Hope to get them before the weekend.

called this morning around 8 and spoke to a operater and she said they were still processing. what shipping did you all have?? i got the free shipping

i got free shipping too. im thinking by tomorrow i'll have that ups tracking number. and hopefully get them by the weekend.

ok i just called and they told me awaiting ups so ok im good now, when are they suppose to arrive? By this weekend or sometime next week

^^ im not sure. but thats what im hoping for since i go back to college on the 2nd and mailing that box to school will be a hassle for my folks.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by iis0g0tem

i just called fnl and they said my order has been fulfilled and is awating a ups tracking number.

Just called as well, and they gave me the same info. Hope to get them before the weekend.

one order went through and awaiting to be picked up. my other order is waiting to be fulfilled by the distribution center if not the stores. i dont thinkthey will come by this weekend. The lady made it sound like sometime early next week since they have 3-10 days to get it to us once shipped with standardshipping. but hopefully they come way sooner.

Back
Top Bottom