Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

How old are you?

Old enough to form my own opinion, like what I like and not jump on any kind of hype train...don't come at me like I'm some kid because I'm not like "omg no Nike Air, no blank heel, leather tongue, JB is trolling" then after the release be like "easy cop x2"

Would I prefer they were made true to the original? Of course, but it doesn't make or break the fact I'll cop these...like Magic said I plan on wearing these with jeans any damn way...

I hear you. I'm all for the OG form like the next guy, but the lack of it doesn't take away from such a beautiful shoe, and classic color way.

But everyone has a preference, and should buy what they like. Not let outside influence or opinions change that.

Old enough to form my own opinion, like what I like and not jump on any kind of hype train...don't come at me like I'm some kid because I'm not like "omg no Nike Air, no blank heel, leather tongue, JB is trolling" then after the release be like "easy cop x2"

Would I prefer they were made true to the original? Of course, but it doesn't make or break the fact I'll cop these...like Magic said I plan on wearing these with jeans any damn way...

I asked you how old you were, it's a simple question. "don't come at me like I'm some kid", how did you derive that from my question? No need to get defensive with a sensitive reply. The reason I ask is because I have found that individuals that didn't own the originals in the years they released (not after the fact) tend to care less about the shoe being true to form. I owned the original I's in 1985 and even purchased the Retro's in 94 & 01. Each shoe has deteriorated in quality and even changed in mold; the younger heads seem to be unfazed by this fact and couldn't care less. So I'll ask again, how old are you?

Age doesn't have much to do with it. Half of these young collectors I know, or around my way believe 1's are trash if they don't buy 1's if they don't have Nike Air. It's not even a fact of having the OG form with these kids. Most just know the Nike Air pairs are sought after, so they want those more to feel idk cooler?

Age doesn't have much to do with it. Half of these young collectors I know, or around my way believe 1's are trash if they don't buy 1's if they don't have Nike Air. It's not even a fact of having the OG form with these kids. Most just know the Nike Air pairs are sought after, so they want those more to feel idk cooler?

Exactly, some people think complaining and nitpicking sneakers makes them a sneakerhead. They do it because they think they're supposed to do it.

I'm definitely not young and I accepted years ago that we aren't going to see Nike Air on most releases. There's no use continuing to complain about it, because you should also be too old to cry and whine about things you can't control.

I asked you how old you were, it's a simple question. "don't come at me like I'm some kid", how did you derive that from my question? No need to get defensive with a sensitive reply. The reason I ask is because I have found that individuals that didn't own the originals in the years they released (not after the fact) tend to care less about the shoe being true to form. I owned the original I's in 1985 and even purchased the Retro's in 94 & 01. Each shoe has deteriorated in quality and even changed in mold; the younger heads seem to be unfazed by this fact and couldn't care less. So I'll ask again, how old are you?

Born in '85, so no Ive never had a pair of OG's...for older cats that were around to wear em around back then I respect the fact they got a gripe with the retro model's...but let's be real 90% of the cats complaining never even owned OG's and are just complaining to complain, yet will cop anyway...

I cop what I like, as every one of us should...the Jumpman doesn't kill these for me, so these will be bought...

Born in '85, so no Ive never had a pair of OG's...for older cats that were around to wear em around back then I respect the fact they got a gripe with the retro model's...but let's be real 90% of the cats complaining never even owned OG's and are just complaining to complain, yet will cop anyway...
I cop what I like, as every one of us should...the Jumpman doesn't kill these for me, so these will be bought...
See I disagree with this statement. I am sure there are quite a few people who complain who never owned originals, but there are a lot of us older heads that are still active. I personally am not the type of individual to thrash a shoe and purchase it. These having a Jumpman on the tongue and heal are enough for me to stay away, the leather tongue is the nail in the coffin. Out of the 1's that I have seen releasing I am only interested in the Blk toe's. I respect that you buy what you like, imagine if everyone did that shoes would be alot easier to purchase.

Watch out for these on the 31st.

Nicekicks has never let me down :lol:

I wasn't even planning on getting these, only the royals. It was just a heads up.

More news on the 1s;

All gs sizes will be featured in the true Nike air box, men's sizes have the wings logo box.

So you guys know these are releasing on the 5th FOR SURE. No 31st or w/e

According to nike. Along side with the Knicks color way

These will be $110
While the "OG" will be $130

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom