Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

So the chicago I's next week will not have nikeair on tongue..while the knicks will. Correct? And if so, why the **** would jb do that??

My theory (and I understand the Royal 1's completely refute this)...

People like OG coloways and people like the OG "Nike Air" set up. Therefore, JB doesn't have to incorporate both into one sneaker. I am strongly opposed to retro + colorways, but I bought the Knicks 1's due to the "Nike Air" treatment. If they had a Jumpman, I wouldn't have even considered buying them. The reverse applies to the Chicago 1's. I love OG colorways to the point that I am willing to buy an OG colorway even if it has a Jumpman.

Again, just my theory but I think it's a strong one.

People like OG coloways and people like the OG "Nike Air" set up. Therefore, JB doesn't have to incorporate both into one sneaker. I am strongly opposed to retro + colorways, but I bought the Knicks 1's due to the "Nike Air" treatment. If they had a Jumpman, I wouldn't have even considered buying them. The reverse applies to the Chicago 1's. I love OG colorways to the point that I am willing to buy an OG colorway even if it has a Jumpman.

my thoughts exactly!

So the chicago I's next week will not have nikeair on tongue..while the knicks will. Correct? And if so, why the **** would jb do that??
^^ lol.check the previous 30 pages.th
at question has come up once or two.

Last edited:

Thats exactly what I was thinking, i was just wondering if there was more to it. But I also heard the same bulls colorway will come out in may..with nike air..

Orange County peeps...just called HOH Costa Mesa and they said they're not getting these, but they are getting the Knicks colorway, FCFS. Lakewood HOH will get them though, FCFS as well. Didn't ask them about the Knicks as I am not interested in those. And FL in Laguna Hills Mall isn't getting these either.
weird that costa Mesa ain't getting these... aren't they a GR?

air-jordan-1-retro-high-2013-packaging-comparison-10-570x476.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-high-2013-packaging-comparison-09-570x427.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-high-2013-packaging-comparison-08-570x387.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-high-2013-packaging-comparison-07-570x427.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-high-2013-packaging-comparison-06-570x427.jpg

Didn't think I was going to get these, but I'll probably scoop up at least one pair. I mean, at $110 for these? Might even try to double up lol.

Didn't think I was going to get these, but I'll probably scoop up at least one pair. I mean, at $110 for these? Might even try to double up lol.

Yea im on the fence as well man but $110 plus a mil discount and I wont even notice the 90sumn bucks out of my wallet. My banneds need a partner anyway lol

I believe JB is going to drop these again with the Nike air treatment. I'm going to cop the Knicks colorway and leave it at that.

I believe JB is going to drop these again with the Nike air treatment. I'm going to cop the Knicks colorway and leave it at that.

Truth. JB is starting to become somewhat unpredictable but I guess it doesnt matter when the consumers will buy pretty much anything he puts out nowadays. All the more reason for him to do exactly as you said.

I hope they drop w Nike Air nxt so I can have both pairs. Would get the Melo 1's, but that colorway is ugly.

Going to try to p/u one of each. Knicks CW is a must as a NYK fan. Once I'm able to feel the blk/red I'll decide whether or not to keep.

knowing JB they will drop these... then drop a banned version of them w the nike air and high quality leather... I will just wait for those

knowing JB they will drop these... then drop a banned version of them w the nike air and high quality leather... I will just wait for those

I agree with everything you said minus the quality leather. This is another way for the brand to "double dip" on their loyal customers like the Varsity red/infrared VIs and more recently the "88 IIIs."

If you don't believe that a NIKE AIR version of this shoe will drop sooner than later you literally started buying Jordans yesterday or are totally oblivious to what is happening around you.

Back
Top Bottom