Official Air Jordan VI & VII "Golden Moments" Pack! 8/18/12 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be purchasing the Golden Moments Pack?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Vuey

Do you guys think these will reach the same popularity as the DMP vi/XI ?I'm not 100% on these but don't want to sleep on then have to chase a pack for 2-3 x retail .

No.

pimp.gif

I like em will try to grab myself a pack but I ain't stressing if I can't get em on release day

This doesn't and won't ever compare to the DMP pack. That will be the best pack ever made hands down. I'm def copping this pack but it's def not in the league w/ the DMP pack nor is any other pack.

Does anybody know how about how many packs each retailer gets? I've always heard 1 pack per size ... Anybody have any insight that used to work at one the main retailers (finishline, champs, foot locker etc.)

Originally Posted by FreshJs 23

Does anybody know how about how many packs each retailer gets? I've always heard 1 pack per size ... Anybody have any insight that used to work at one the main retailers (finishline, champs, foot locker etc.)

I'd say no more than 3 per size, probably closer to 1 or 2 per size, for a total of about 20 pair, maybe even closer to 15 pairs.
I'll try and shoot for FNL, but I believe that you may have to camp for at least a day to cop at retail, maybe even longer.

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

Do you guys think these will reach the same popularity as the DMP vi/XI ?I'm not 100% on these but don't want to sleep on then have to chase a pack for 2-3 x retail .

seriously? no pack will ever have the hype that the DMP had, especially with the quality of today not gunna happen

As you know, collecting Jordan's is a totally different experience now since the concord XI release.Most people checking this pack out probably don't even know what a DMP pack is. They just need to buy it because Sneakernews tells them it's hot.

I'm liking both pairs more and more every time I see them. We'll see how I feel about them come release day.

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by Envy

I like the look of the leather. Adds a little character to them. Mean with the raptors coming out there would be no reason to buy both.

STOP CALLING THEM THAT!!!!!! 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

886366a117b19b9861273b51f6e3c785a589ae17_r.jpg

Where do you see anything about "Raptors" on that 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 box?
Dog, even Nike is calling them  Raptors now...
/rant

ya snobs can stop..they've been raptors for more then a decade already
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by dezmond123

You're too young to realize Toronto is an expansion team and the VII's came out before them
nerd.gif

My age has nothing to do with anything... I know these released in 92 I also know that the raptors started in 95 but like I said as long as I know these have been called raptors they have held that name since they came out again in 2002 even Nike/JB has embraced the name call them charcoals if u please I'm not gonna get into age discussion or a pissing contest over a shoe

Your age has everything to do with your comment. You stated they have been raptors for as long as you know. Which obviously means you're limited in knowledge, because they weren't called raptors until people started feeling the need to nickname every sneaker.
this is incorrect...da nickname was given not because of da "sb let's nickname everything" but because when these dropped we were knee deep in da jersey era..and EVERYONE

who copped these was rocking toronto raptors apparel and jerseys.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by dezmond123

My age has nothing to do with anything... I know these released in 92 I also know that the raptors started in 95 but like I said as long as I know these have been called raptors they have held that name since they came out again in 2002 even Nike/JB has embraced the name call them charcoals if u please I'm not gonna get into age discussion or a pissing contest over a shoe

Your age has everything to do with your comment. You stated they have been raptors for as long as you know. Which obviously means you're limited in knowledge, because they weren't called raptors until people started feeling the need to nickname every sneaker.
this is incorrect...da nickname was given not because of da "sb let's nickname everything" but because when these dropped we were knee deep in da jersey era..and EVERYONE

Ok you right I'm wrong ... You win...smh this ain't even on topic. I'll discuss this in a couple of months when they release and Nike calls them raptors lol

Originally Posted by ninjahood

What are you talking about? They are called the raptors because of the colorway. As if people only wore these with Vince jerseys.
laugh.gif
Your generalizations are always funny.

Everyone
laugh.gif
So what did the people in 93 buy them for
indifferent.gif

I was just talking about this pack with a friend of mine and the DMP came up. I have one and think it is a really nice pack, much more so than some of the CDPs I have. The shoes are really well constructed and the packaging and dog tags that came with them was a nice touch. So here's my dilemma:

Personally, I DO NOT like all-white 6s. Not my thing. Wear what you like, but they don't appeal to me. The DMP 6 is a beautiful shoe. One of my favorite pairs in my collection aesthetically. So JB can't make another black/gold 6.

I also think the 7s are one of the few models which I like better in white. Black shoes are more my thing, but certain shoes look great white (see also: white/cement 3 and 4). I'd like to see a white and gold 7, but that can't happen for reasons discussed above.

So in essence, my perfect pack was virtually guaranteed not to happen because of the DMP in my closet.

I'll take that.

at first i liked the 7s and hated the 6s now i like the 6s and hate the 7s...weird how things work. probably wont be copping this pack anyways, dont think its worth the price/hassle.

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

seriously? no pack will ever have the hype that the DMP had, especially with the quality of today not gunna happen

Actually, that's not quite true. If Jordan would ever create the laney & grape pack during XMas time at least 10 people would die upon confirmation of this release, 4 would be killed during the line-ups, and there'd be countless other injuries to people would be sustained. Luckily, Jordan Brand will probably never do this.... Or would they?

EVERY package always sat at my mall so i don't think i will have to stress over getting these but i like both of em

Originally Posted by smatty

EVERY package always sat at my mall so i don't think i will have to stress over getting these but i like both of em

times have changed my friend...

Back
Top Bottom