Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by you big dummy

1zgf66e.jpg

Reseller ?    or just one of those dudes who refuses to use condoms ?  TEAM RAW anyone ?

roll.gif
roll.gif
TEAM RAW

he probably was giving them away to kids 

If this release was crazy i can only imagine how 2013 will be when the Breds release!
2009 Space Jams
2010 Cool Grey
2011 Concord
2012 Columbia
2013 Breds

Originally Posted by Chewdeezy

Ofcourse Nikestore Twitter is saying there are no restocks. They aren't going to let people know when they put up more next week.

Hell yeah. Their masters at building hype though...

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by shindo03

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I understand it perfectly. 
My daughter asked for these. 

I asked her why and she could not tell me why she wanted them. 

I asked her what she knew about Jordan and she had no clue. 

I asked if she knew what sport he played she guessed football. 

She finally admitted she want them because thats what the kids were going to wearing when they returned to school. 

I had to admit she was hype-beast. 

I told her that if she wanted me to get them she would have write a report on Michael Jordan. She needed to learn who the man was and what he did. The man could have beat women and molested kids and she running around with the guys name on her shoes. 

I explained to her dont do it because everyone else is doing it and know who you associate yourself with. 

If she dont learn this early then she will do or wear anything if everyone else is doing it. 

^no hate but this has to be the funniest thing I heard all year on here. So, basically your telling her not to be a hypebeast. That's what little kids are. If Timmy wants it so does Tommy lol....... I mean if you buy her a PC with Windows on it are you going to ask her to write a report on Bill Gates. When she goes on facebook maybe an essay on Mark Zuckerberg. Using a Ipod well that's 5000 word biography on Steve Jobs. Let kids be kids..... who knows why they like what they like. They'll figure it out when they're older. Kids care about popularity and being accepted. Once they go out to college and get in the real world they figure out that none of it really matters. Not trying to tell you how to raise your kid. But, it's inevitable.... no matter what you say to a little kid they can't fathom why what one kid has makes them want the same thing. It's like Guess jeans in high school or Girbaud jeans...... who knows why all the kids wanted them..... I mean relatively speaking does it really justify why you want Jordans cause Jordan wore it or cause some rapper wore it. Actually it's really the same as your kid wanting to get what the popular kids want. Maybe to her those popular kids are her Michael Jordan lol......We want them cause Mike wore them and some kids probably want them cause some really good ballplayer kid at the gym was wearing them lol..... 
Yeah. 
By thenewjs23's example and definition of a hypebeast, everyone is basically a hypebeast. Why does anyone wear Jordans in the first place?

That is why I don't undersand that logic.
People started wearing Jordan's because of what Jordan did on the court, and because they became a status symbol. Now they're basically just a middle/low class status symbol aka subject to hype-beastery. thenewjs23 is just trying to teach his daughter to think for herself before she gets caught up in every random fad/style that comes through.  Not to mention learning about the people that are on your clothes/computers/websites is good to learn because all of those people are successful as hell.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Didn't know you had to be "around" when a shoe came out to like. Hell, half of the Nike classics we all love came out before we we're born or while we we're still in diapers.
Ya'll just bitter for no #$@%*++ reason I swear.

Air Force 1's... came out in 82. How many nt'ers have a pair of af1s and born before then?

Jordan I's came out the year I was born, but I guess I'm a hypebeast for having a few pairs.
Jordan II's came out when I was 1 years old, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?
Jordan III's came out when I was 2 years olf, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?

In you all's eyes, I shouldn't have bought a pair of Jordans until the XIX's when I was 18 years old.

Hell, I was 10 in 1996 when the XI's originally came out, but being that it may... I shouldn't have these either huh?
Get off ya'll high horses.

indifferent.gif

Live and let live.
THIS.
I never understood that argument.

She finally admitted she want them because thats what the kids were going to wearing when they returned to school. 

I told her that if she wanted me to get them she would have write a report on Michael Jordan. She needed to learn who the man was and what he did. The man could have beat women and molested kids and she running around with the guys name on her shoes. 

I explained to her dont do it because everyone else is doing it and know who you associate yourself with. 

If she dont learn this early then she will do or wear anything if everyone else is doing it. 

you trying too hard to be a sneaker head.......   I feel bad for your daughter.  We buy things cos we think it looks good or we think it's cool, no other reason.  

Just bit the bullet and pulled the trigger for 270 shipped from a private seller I find it disturbing that this will be considered a good deal ! Now the waiting game begins for them to arrive , best of luck to all the true fans desperately searching for these and a merry Christmas to all

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Didn't know you had to be "around" when a shoe came out to like. Hell, half of the Nike classics we all love came out before we we're born or while we we're still in diapers.
Ya'll just bitter for no #$@%*++ reason I swear.

Air Force 1's... came out in 82. How many nt'ers have a pair of af1s and born before then?

Jordan I's came out the year I was born, but I guess I'm a hypebeast for having a few pairs.
Jordan II's came out when I was 1 years old, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?
Jordan III's came out when I was 2 years olf, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?

In you all's eyes, I shouldn't have bought a pair of Jordans until the XIX's when I was 18 years old.

Hell, I was 10 in 1996 when the XI's originally came out, but being that it may... I shouldn't have these either huh?
Get off ya'll high horses.

indifferent.gif

Live and let live.
THIS.

I think its cool what you are doing, but did anyone ever make you write a report on Levi Strauss?Ralp Lauren?  Maybe she is just a kid that wants what is popular like all other kids.  Are you just applying it to Jordan's because that is what you know? What if she is in the car while you drive her to school and asks you about the history of Honda? Can you tell it to her?  Do you know the history of the company that makes the computer you use right now? How about the food you eat, do you know where it comes from?  I would never tell a person how to raise their child, just something to think about.  You seem like a good dad, respect.

2hotallday wrote:
Do you guys see the reseller prices for these on EBAY? Theyre going for $450+ and I even saw one pair go for $1,000 SMH. When did Retros become worth more than OGs and why would you pay that price when you can get the DMP XIs or at least the 01s.

Its because they just came out and nearly every kid had these on their Christmas wish list. Some parents are willing to pay ANYTHING to get their kid what they want for Christmas.

Its like when the Xbox or PS3 first came out they commanded $1000+ but as time passes and peoples interest fades prices will drop drastically. 

I would also bet 90% of the kids asking for these and 95% of the parents buying them have ZERO idea that these came out in 1995 and are Re-Re-Releases. Most non-Sneakerheads literally think these are "the new Jordans".

Couldn't believe how fast my UI order arrived. 
smokin.gif

Ship date 

Dec 22, 2011

Delivery date 

Dec 24, 2011 9:23 AM

Shoes look good too!!

Originally Posted by jaeguyoon

THIS.

you trying too hard to be a sneaker head.......   I feel bad for your daughter.  We buy things cos we think it looks good or we think it's cool, no other reason.  
Im not a sneakerhead by far. I would not do alot of the stuff a sneakerhead would do for a pair a kicks. If I could not get these on my terms I was going to pass. 

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

Just bit the bullet and pulled the trigger for 270 shipped from a private seller I find it disturbing that this will be considered a good deal ! Now the waiting game begins for them to arrive , best of luck to all the true fans desperately searching for these and a merry Christmas to all

I just hope you don't end up getting the early release.

Plies gave away concords on twitter
1zgf66e.jpg

Yup, Plies gave them away to his twitter followers. all are kids/toddler sizes. props to dude. 
pimp.gif

Just thoroughly checked my concords, I think 1 out of 4 pairs had no problems. The others had glue issues. With one pairs sole really bad.

Originally Posted by jaeguyoon

Im not a sneakerhead by far. I would not do alot of the stuff a sneakerhead would do for a pair a kicks. If I could not get these on my terms I was going to pass. 
FYI, social acceptance is important to a child. You can school her all you want about Jordans, but in the end, she just wants to wear whatever the other kids are wearing.

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone orders from FNL. Like I know the Concords are grail status and I too went to great lengths to get em. But copping from their website is always a crapshoot with big releases. Over the years I've read faaaaar too many horror stories about Jordan releases and FNL to risk it. Dudes are notorious w/ the canceled orders....may as well waited it out in a line somewhere.
What would be the best sites to order from in your opinion. I was on at midnight, but couldn't get any orders in.
Well, I would say NDC, but we all know how that went.  
laugh.gif

Naw, in the past I never had one issue w/ ordering from Nike--releases always went smooth and it was an easy cop.  I'd chance it with them over Eastbay, Footlocker, Footaction, etc.  

I'll say this though--I hate how they announce exactly what time they're going online now.  It used to just be whenever, even though technically they always said 12 AM ET.  Sometimes it'd be 3:00 in the morning and other times it'd be 11 pm.  Heck, I remember one time they went up at like 9 pm--I woke up from a nap around midnite and was super sad when I saw they were sold out already.  But that's the breaks.  The point is that you had to actually camp at your computer and catch them whenever they went up--I always caught the link thru NT.  Twitter is a great, convenient tool for sure, but I'll be damned if it hasn't made copping harder.  Now all you gotta do is follow their Twitter feed, hit the link (along with the thousands of other people refreshing their feed) and hope for the best.  The problem is that now with everyone knowing precisely when they'll be online, you run into a lot more server issues and a lot of people get screwed.   

^ One of the few rappers that seems to always give back. Hats of to dude even though he sounds like a drunken fool on his albums, but thats another day......

Originally Posted by IgotIT

toledo ohio finishline def had the most pairs in OHIO. They got 200 pairs. And was sold out in 45 min.
damn i used to work @ that one when i was in college. and im from toledo, live in Akron now. was the line there outrageous? FNL here only got 24 pair and sold 14 to their own employees...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Originally Posted by shindo03

^no hate but this has to be the funniest thing I heard all year on here. So, basically your telling her not to be a hypebeast. That's what little kids are. If Timmy wants it so does Tommy lol....... I mean if you buy her a PC with Windows on it are you going to ask her to write a report on Bill Gates. When she goes on facebook maybe an essay on Mark Zuckerberg. Using a Ipod well that's 5000 word biography on Steve Jobs. Let kids be kids..... who knows why they like what they like. They'll figure it out when they're older. Kids care about popularity and being accepted. Once they go out to college and get in the real world they figure out that none of it really matters. Not trying to tell you how to raise your kid. But, it's inevitable.... no matter what you say to a little kid they can't fathom why what one kid has makes them want the same thing. It's like Guess jeans in high school or Girbaud jeans...... who knows why all the kids wanted them..... I mean relatively speaking does it really justify why you want Jordans cause Jordan wore it or cause some rapper wore it. Actually it's really the same as your kid wanting to get what the popular kids want. Maybe to her those popular kids are her Michael Jordan lol......We want them cause Mike wore them and some kids probably want them cause some really good ballplayer kid at the gym was wearing them lol..... 
Yeah. 
By thenewjs23's example and definition of a hypebeast, everyone is basically a hypebeast. Why does anyone wear Jordans in the first place?

That is why I don't undersand that logic.
People started wearing Jordan's because of what Jordan did on the court, and because they became a status symbol. Now they're basically just a middle/low class status symbol aka subject to hype-beastery. thenewjs23 is just trying to teach his daughter to think for herself before she gets caught up in every random fad/style that comes through.  Not to mention learning about the people that are on your clothes/computers/websites is good to learn because all of those people are successful as hell.

^True but everyone at any age group should learn about the story behind someones success. But, I wasn't really arguing that. I was saying that kids buy things based off popularity not due to the inventor. They will grow out of it. When your DAD told you he would not buy you SNES. Did he tell you to go look up who the inventor was lol....Did it matter who it was. Nope you just wanted because Timmy and Tommy had it and you wanted to play too. And most people purchase Jordans based off Nostalgia or Aesthetics.They think they look cool. They remember Jordan wearing it. Or a lot of us parents would not purchase $100 shoes for us. And as adults were buying our childhood back lol.  I bet half the people on here don't even know where Jordan was born. In summarization kids do not care where it came from they just want to be accepted by their peers. You tell them not to get caught into every fad but at that age and especially with todays marketing tactics how can kids not get caught up. All of us did. Some of us still are. Your  telling me half these guys are here weren't put on the game by there friend. Example: Jimmy: "Hey John look what I got".......John:"Whoa what are those I need those".......Jimmy:"Jordan Concord 11's."..... John:"Huh?"..... Jimmy:"I'll take you to the next release or hook you up!"....John goes home does research on what I call the internet and out pops another sneakerhead lol.....

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Plies gave away concords on twitter
1zgf66e.jpg

Yup, Plies gave them away to his twitter followers. all are kids/toddler sizes. props to dude. 
pimp.gif

eek.gif
 I didn't even recognize him without seeing the grill and ski mask chain.

Major Props for hooking up the kids on Christmas.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom