Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by ArSONist21

Has anyone else that ordered from CT still not receive a shipping confirmation email besides me?

I haven't but they did take my money. I just got a pair from WG so its whatever at this point. My WG pair is beautiful tho. Brought back some good memories!

This release has been nothing but a headache for me. I have to fill out a customs form & I'm probably looking at a little over $100 for 3 pairs -_-

Originally Posted by Rocket

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

No kids were in school two days before Christmas.
A manufacturer of a good, releasing an item during Christmas holiday. Oh my god!

Next year JB releases $100 retro Spacejam/Concord/Bred pack, on Christmas day. And to spice the release up a bit, no online releases allowed. Then you guys can go ahead and complain.

roll.gif
NYS schools were open that friday. I guess thats the excuse you told mom and dad.
And by doing so jb creates unnecessary hype that the shoe doesn't need; Being that it is by defualt a hyped up shoe.

You obviously have ZERO knowledge about this business. Sorry bro, but you're being a completely naive idiot if you think Nike doesn't know EXACTLY what it's doing for each and every release. The hype = news stories = a shoe's "legendary" status = EVERYBODY wanting a pair = more $$$ for Nike. Don't be dumb, it's not that hard. Regarding your post about how each store should get 80-100 pairs, RIDICULOUS. This goes back to the hype Nike WANTS to garner for these 12/23 releases. If they make these pairs more readily available and easier to obtain, sure it might make more money for Nike on THIS release, but Nike isn't Puma. Meaning they don't need the money. They are looking at the big picture. Hype right now = people talking about Nike = people buying Nike products = more $$$ for Nike down the road. C'mon man, wise up.
That's what hypebeast's have been lead to beleive cough cough**. I see i touched weak spot. Believe what you want, nike did a horrible job with this release.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

anyone who order from nikestore and being shipped to california, is your tracking updating? mine says it will be here tomorrow but it still says departing Tennessee.

Mine has said that since Friday night (23rd) / Saturday morning (24th). Scheduled for tomorrow by end of day.

Originally Posted by Juice8732

resell prices are not budging much at all..

Even after the restocks, do you guys think these will budge from the 350-400 price range?
-Drew

Got my shoes yesterday. Here are some pics
I have 6 pairs of XI's. I regret selling my columbias.

Now for the imperfections 

White stain on the carbon fiber. I can get it out.

This is on the right shoe. There's a little pice near the toe box thats popping out. You really can't see it but you can definitely feel it. 

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

its not Jordan Brand..you dudes need to stop crying..it's the retailers who are to blame...from what I've seen and heard Nike Towns had the best and most organized release...Its major Retailers like FTL that didn't have proper organization at malls for release..didnt coordinate staff nor security for release and now with this restock didnt allocate pairs properly...

I was at my local spot for the release (after trying 2 other spots) and these idiots let people line up all night..just opened the door..didn't organize the line...said were taking 12 people at a time..let the first 12 in...then came outside and said all sold out....C'MON SON...and this was a MAJOR local not a mom and pop...

I managed to grab my pair and put my people on yesterday to spot in Jersey that never recieved there INITAL order until yesterday...but MOST FTL affiliated store ARE getting restocks...they should be on there in bounds this week or early next week...most stock is between 8 to 10 pairs of random sizes not given during the initial shippment...Honestly keep calling around and your gonna have to get lucky...

For my NYC heads...stay outta Manhattan...selling sneakers is a business..and some kid getting paid $8.00 is NOT on your side..there's a reason 300 kids was in the street yesterday BEFORE the shippment even got there...You gotta fight through KIDS..RESELLERS...HOMELESS dudes getting paid to camp..SHADY $$% employees looking to get paid...Long Island and Jersey even West Pennsylvania is your friend...

Good luck everyone..
JB IS at fault with this release.

- Releasing a popular sneaker amongst teens on a school day is weak decidion by JB. They knew that the only way kids were going to get these shoes, is if they didn't attend school that morning. Jordan brand knows which age group they're selling too -- why not cater to that age group, and release it on a saturday so this way you keep kids in school AND you give all students a chance to cop a pair. Completely JB fault.

- You release one of your most popular shoes two days before christmas? As if the shoe wasn't hyped up already, Jb creates unnecessary hype by releasing their most popular model ever on one of most busiest reatil days of the year. Kids that don't even buy jordans will attempt to but these because the will designated the christmas shoe of the year. Why couldn't Jb scheduled the release of the concords to be, say, in january, or in october? Was two days before christmas necessary?

- Despite all the hype JB created. They still didn't have enough pairs to meet demand. If you're going to treat it as a christmas release and have kids cut school to get these, why not make sure every store gets a minimum of atleast 80-100 pairs? Try to meet your demand. In my area (Long Island) champs, footlocker, and footaction, had a combined inventory of about 50 pairs, and there was about 200 people waiting since midnight for these. Jb could've done a lot better with this release. I've been collecting since 01' and i can tell you, this is easily the worst release i've ever seen.

Not sure if you were being serious, but most kids were out for Christmas break

Originally Posted by HorrorKid

Originally Posted by retro23phan

anyone who order from nikestore and being shipped to california, is your tracking updating? mine says it will be here tomorrow but it still says departing Tennessee.

Mine has said that since Friday night (23rd) / Saturday morning (24th). Scheduled for tomorrow by end of day.
thanks for the fast response. i thought i was the only one. *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by dakid23

Anybody get an update from officespring.co.uk? 

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

They actually emailed me back after 4 days saying my order is still processing.

Dear David,

Thank you for your email.

On checking your account, I can see that your order is processing.

You will receive a despatch email once despatched and will be able to track your parcel.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Now what does this mean?

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Originally Posted by HdBkNIKE

Wellgosh order came in today. NDC is out for delivery. Successful release.
NOOOOO not another one before me do you also live in NYC

Originally Posted by Predata08

I had the wrong email on my paypal account when I ordered from WG, so I have been in the cold as far as shipping information. Couple that with the fact that they dont respond to emails, so now Im hoping that I get mine today and all will be good.

so how does one get in touch with these wellgosh fools?
apparently they don't answer emails and the phone number on their site is just as useless.

its not Jordan Brand..you dudes need to stop crying..it's the retailers who are to blame...from what I've seen and heard Nike Towns had the best and most organized release...Its major Retailers like FTL that didn't have proper organization at malls for release..didnt coordinate staff nor security for release and now with this restock didnt allocate pairs properly...

I was at my local spot for the release (after trying 2 other spots) and these idiots let people line up all night..just opened the door..didn't organize the line...said were taking 12 people at a time..let the first 12 in...then came outside and said all sold out....C'MON SON...and this was a MAJOR local not a mom and pop...

I managed to grab my pair and put my people on yesterday to spot in Jersey that never recieved there INITAL order until yesterday...but MOST FTL affiliated store ARE getting restocks...they should be on there in bounds this week or early next week...most stock is between 8 to 10 pairs of random sizes not given during the initial shippment...Honestly keep calling around and your gonna have to get lucky...

For my NYC heads...stay outta Manhattan...selling sneakers is a business..and some kid getting paid $8.00 is NOT on your side..there's a reason 300 kids was in the street yesterday BEFORE the shippment even got there...You gotta fight through KIDS..RESELLERS...HOMELESS dudes getting paid to camp..SHADY $$% employees looking to get paid...Long Island and Jersey even West Pennsylvania is your friend...

Good luck everyone..

- Releasing a popular sneaker amongst teens on a school day is weak decidion by JB. They knew that the only way kids were going to get these shoes, is if they didn't attend school that morning. Jordan brand knows which age group they're selling too -- why not cater to that age group, and release it on a saturday so this way you keep kids in school AND you give all students a chance to cop a pair. Completely JB fault.

- You release one of your most popular shoes two days before christmas? As if the shoe wasn't hyped up already, Jb creates unnecessary hype by releasing their most popular model ever on one of most busiest reatil days of the year. Kids that don't even buy jordans will attempt to but these because the will designated the christmas shoe of the year. Why couldn't Jb scheduled the release of the concords to be, say, in january, or in october? Was two days before christmas necessary?

- Despite all the hype JB created. They still didn't have enough pairs to meet demand. If you're going to treat it as a christmas release and have kids cut school to get these, why not make sure every store gets a minimum of atleast 80-100 pairs? Try to meet your demand. In my area (Long Island) champs, footlocker, and footaction, had a combined inventory of about 50 pairs, and there was about 200 people waiting since midnight for these. Jb could've done a lot better with this release. I've been collecting since 01' and i can tell you, this is easily the worst release i've ever seen.

I think some of you dudes blaming JB/Nike need to get a better understanding of the "business" that is sneakers...Nike/JB is simply a wholesaler..WE (with the except of NikeTown an NDC) are NOT Nikes customer...Nike sells directly to Footlockers, Sports Authority, Dr Jays, Macy's etc...product is created based on anticipated order based on past or prior orders...this production is then "ordered" by FTL etc...Nike doesn't even take stock of the items..they are drop shipped straight to the vendors (large orders only)

My point to all this is...I agree lining up a spot to only find out they got 12 pairs is STUPID...but that's not Nikes fault...Retailers KNEW this was gonna be crazy and should have ordered enough pairs to go around...But it's easy to judge on this side of the fence...in case you haven't heard we ARE in a recession...and orders cost capital...So basically they played it safe...I'm sure the order was MUCH larger then the typicall order..yet they didnt OVER order either...the last thing you want as a purchase manager is to get sucked into the hype...Look at Thosr horrid Air Carnavores which dudes was CRYING to have retro'd..order a TON and have them brick out...Not saying that would have happened..But all you need is a snow storm...Stock Market crash...Or some other nonsense and your P/L goes right out the window...

As far as kids in school..stop it...you really think it mattered???? These little bastards was coming out regardless...And again...release date had nothing to do with what time retailers opened...Besides the Internet basically levels the playing field so I fail to see your point...
But you're assuming that all stores have a limitless supply they can be orderd. In many cases esecially around me the stores don't really have an option as to how much they can receive from nike.  They take what Jb sends them. They request an X amount and jordan brand, often sends them Y which ends up being less than the requested amount.

I agree that jb is not only at fault here, as things could've also been done by the shoe stores and security to further aid in the release of these shoes, but you giving nike a free of jail card is a bit  naive. There are things all parties could've done that wouldv'e helped this release a little bit.

Do i really think it mattered. Of fcourse it matterd! If your biggest fan base are those who are in school, why not cater to them? I tried calling eastbay from 11:30- 1 to no fruition. had a final the morning of,  so camping out wasn't an option. Went to class, did well on my fianl went home with no concords, but walked with atleast a B on my final. 2 of my classmates camped for concords, copped the concords, missed the final -- which by default cased them to fail the class. My point is this release wasn't as simple as you make it out to be. Nike did a bad job with this one. Idk why you keep on defending them.

Quick update on my Finishline.com order (for yall that have confirmation #s but it still says "processing"). I called them up today and the person told me it's still processing and to give it one more day. I called my credit card company yesterday and they said the charge is approved, so it's up to FNL at this point.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Good luck everyone..

Not sure if you were being serious, but most kids were out for Christmas break
Not in New York State.

Last night, my friend got his two pairs in from Nike.com. He was kind enough to let me buy one for retail since it was my birthday a few days ago. That's true friendship right there, easiest cop ever!

After going to the Galleria (Houston) this weekend and seeing the groups of people all wearing concords and matching outfits like some B2K rejects I think I'll wait awhile before rocking
laugh.gif

392126_10101430359674620_7935706_74733899_1376962238_n.jpg

Edited as I've changed my perspective.

BE CAUTIOUS WHEN ORDERING FROM CALIFORNIA SOLE
.  Below is their website with news about restocks:
http://california-sole.myshopify.com/products/air-jordan-xi-concord

I took a chance in buying a pair, and I took some quick photos on what they sent me:

imag0532h.jpg
imag0535q.jpg
imag0534p.jpg
imag0533q.jpg

As you can see, the tissue paper squares are gold, not silver, and if you look closely on the last pic you can see purple stains.  There are other little differences as well, but it'd probably be better explained with side by side comparisons in pics or a video.  

Anyways, just a heads up, BE CAUTIOUS WHEN ORDERING FROM CALIFORNIA SOLE WHEN THEY RESTOCK as they may be selling unauthorized shoes.

Originally Posted by friscokydd

Quick update on my Finishline.com order (for yall that have confirmation #s but it still says "processing"). I called them up today and the person told me it's still processing and to give it one more day. I called my credit card company yesterday and they said the charge is approved, so it's up to FNL at this point.
I'm in the same boat as you.  I called FNL yesterday and they said the warehouse was out of stock and my order was being routed to the stores.  My guess is that if your FNL order hasn't been shipped yet, it's likely to be cancelled...

Back
Top Bottom