Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by Akt214

Does anyone know what the production tags for FL's were? Some people said they're pairs showed a production tag starting 6/8/11. The one I got from someone on EBay who said he got them from the HOH in NY show a production tag of 6/8/11-7/29/11. Im a little worried cause I paid resellers price. I compared my pairs I got from Eastbay and they look legit besides that date and also a low PL cut on the right shoe. Both Eastbay pairs show 7-13-11 to 9/3/11. I just need some clarity on my so called FL pair so I can get to the wearing my shoe in peace phase. Any help would be appreciated. I will try to figure out how to post pics tonight since I'm new here. Been in the game for a while and back then we didn't have to worry about getting pairs on EBay and Craigslist. First pair I ever bought on EBay and I feel like this person pulled a switcharoo on me cause the box is Legit and from FL.
I think the way it goes is, all early release pairs/grey market pairs only have dates from June-July (I haven't heard or seen of any with later dates) and legit pairs can have any dates, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  So in short, it could still be legit or fake.

Originally Posted by maxdunker

So yesterday I received my pair that I ordered from air Randy on the 24th. Upon first look they are flawless, closer look revealed smudges on the midsoles but nothing crazy. The pair came w/silver carbon fiber paper and aside from the heavy glue smell they're not bad. I was gonna wear em last night but I figured I wanted to do a comparison pictoral pf this one vs my Niketown pair while both are still DS. The purple insert was the same hue as the Niketown pair I got, the font however was different. I'll post the pics later when I get my cam back from my friend's house, NYE was killer lol. Overall the pair is really good.

One thing that's irking me is it seems my Niketown pair is already losing it's blue tint and yellowing o_O now the question is which to rock first?
i would wear the randy pair 4 now and leave the real 1 ds if your rocking 1 n stocking 1

FYI one production tags... they are just exactly what they are. The DAY it was produced.

You can have two kicks from the same store in a size 11 and they could have been produced 3 months apart. Production is usually 6 months out or so... and up until about a month before release in some cases sometimes even closer.

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by Akt214

Does anyone know what the production tags for FL's were? Some people said they're pairs showed a production tag starting 6/8/11. The one I got from someone on EBay who said he got them from the HOH in NY show a production tag of 6/8/11-7/29/11. Im a little worried cause I paid resellers price. I compared my pairs I got from Eastbay and they look legit besides that date and also a low PL cut on the right shoe. Both Eastbay pairs show 7-13-11 to 9/3/11. I just need some clarity on my so called FL pair so I can get to the wearing my shoe in peace phase. Any help would be appreciated. I will try to figure out how to post pics tonight since I'm new here. Been in the game for a while and back then we didn't have to worry about getting pairs on EBay and Craigslist. First pair I ever bought on EBay and I feel like this person pulled a switcharoo on me cause the box is Legit and from FL.
I think the way it goes is, all early release pairs/grey market pairs only have dates from June-July (I haven't heard or seen of any with later dates) and legit pairs can have any dates, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  So in short, it could still be legit or fake.

Some early production pairs with the june date can make the release day cut. I havent got a pair with an early date, but the early pairs are just about identical. with a few cosmetic flaws.

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Someone had one hell of a new years party.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

-Drew
sick.gif
 Really tho?

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

Damn I've had mine for over 10 years and they don't look like that. Just peep my signature.

I see what you did there. 
nerd.gif

-Drew

i was gonna post up a review on RD vs ER pairs but thought no one would care to read it
laugh.gif

I thought that I might be disappointed in the quality of these but after getting these in person, I was surprised. My only gripe would be that there isn't the thick ankle padding like in the 2000s.

I thought about selling them if I wasn't satisfied with the quality but I am satisfied so I will keep them.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i was gonna post up a review on RD vs ER pairs but thought no one would care to read it
laugh.gif
Yea, I doubt anybody really cares.(unless they bought ER pairs)  I'm more curious about reviews that compare different year retros like DMP vs 2011. 

did anyone by any chance try to "fix" the patent leather "dimples/orange peel"...

i have 1 pair looking like that and i would rather keep it if i can fix it....

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by cguy610

I thought that I might be disappointed in the quality of these but after getting these in person, I was surprised. My only gripe would be that there isn't the thick ankle padding like in the 2000s.

I thought about selling them if I wasn't satisfied with the quality but I am satisfied so I will keep them.

I said the same thing. And I thought the comfort level wasnt going to touch my 2000s but boy was I wrong
pimp.gif

Anyone know if sole awesome.com is legit?
They have all sizes for preorder that will ship late January
They claim they were legit checked by sole collector and Sneaker Shoe Box

Originally Posted by michael0360

So yesterday I received my pair that I ordered from air Randy on the 24th. Upon first look they are flawless, closer look revealed smudges on the midsoles but nothing crazy. The pair came w/silver carbon fiber paper and aside from the heavy glue smell they're not bad. I was gonna wear em last night but I figured I wanted to do a comparison pictoral pf this one vs my Niketown pair while both are still DS. The purple insert was the same hue as the Niketown pair I got, the font however was different. I'll post the pics later when I get my cam back from my friend's house, NYE was killer lol. Overall the pair is really good.

One thing that's irking me is it seems my Niketown pair is already losing it's blue tint and yellowing o_O now the question is which to rock first?
i would wear the randy pair 4 now and leave the real 1 ds if your rocking 1 n stocking 1

That's what I'm doing with my BC3s

Why the AR cop? Well to start $230 was a nice price. Having copped 1 pair not in my size I was worried I wouldn't get a trade and end up selling them. With all the craziness going on right after release, I was not looking to pay anywhere near the reseller prices. I knew that AR had issues but after seeing a video of Joe Venuto receiving a new pair of Concords from AR, they looked really good, so I pulled the trigger. I then went on a video hunt for other reviews of the AR Concords that had been posted up only w/in the last 3 weeks. From the youtube videos I saw that the clear toe issue had been remedied on AR's new stock. It was kind of a no brainer. Being a non sanctioned pair is completely different from being a bootleg replica. Like I said in the end the materials are the same and learning from where they came it was pretty much a no brainer. The shoe pretty much cost me retail + overseas shipping which I'll add was really fast. He shipped on the 27th and I got them 31st. In any case I'll go ahead and snap some iphone pics and post up since I never made it back to my friends to get my digi cam.

Anyone know if the post offices will be closed tomorrow? I need to pick up one of my pairs. It's been sitting there since Dec. 24th. 
tired.gif

Lastly, the comfort level on these is actually good? I haven't Un-DS'd one of the pairs that I got yet.

-Drew

Anyone know if the post offices will be closed tomorrow? I need to pick up one of my pairs. It's been sitting there since Dec. 24th. 
tired.gif

Lastly, the comfort level on these is actually good? I haven't Un-DS'd one of the pairs that I got yet.

-Drew
Closed tomorrow...just like my Cowboys' season.

Why the AR cop? Well to start $230 was a nice price. Having copped 1 pair not in my size I was worried I wouldn't get a trade and end up selling them. With all the craziness going on right after release, I was not looking to pay anywhere near the reseller prices. I knew that AR had issues but after seeing a video of Joe Venuto receiving a new pair of Concords from AR, they looked really good, so I pulled the trigger. I then went on a video hunt for other reviews of the AR Concords that had been posted up only w/in the last 3 weeks. From the youtube videos I saw that the clear toe issue had been remedied on AR's new stock. It was kind of a no brainer. Being a non sanctioned pair is completely different from being a bootleg replica. Like I said in the end the materials are the same and learning from where they came it was pretty much a no brainer. The shoe pretty much cost me retail + overseas shipping which I'll add was really fast. He shipped on the 27th and I got them 31st. In any case I'll go ahead and snap some iphone pics and post up since I never made it back to my friends to get my digi cam.
5PlTg.gif

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

tired.gif

-Drew
Closed tomorrow...just like my Cowboys' season.
At least you're not a Denver fan....Te-blow.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

5PlTg.gif

LOL
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom