Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by kicks409

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by maxdunker

Why the AR cop? Well to start $230 was a nice price. Having copped 1 pair not in my size I was worried I wouldn't get a trade and end up selling them. With all the craziness going on right after release, I was not looking to pay anywhere near the reseller prices. I knew that AR had issues but after seeing a video of Joe Venuto receiving a new pair of Concords from AR, they looked really good, so I pulled the trigger. I then went on a video hunt for other reviews of the AR Concords that had been posted up only w/in the last 3 weeks. From the youtube videos I saw that the clear toe issue had been remedied on AR's new stock. It was kind of a no brainer. Being a non sanctioned pair is completely different from being a bootleg replica. Like I said in the end the materials are the same and learning from where they came it was pretty much a no brainer. The shoe pretty much cost me retail + overseas shipping which I'll add was really fast. He shipped on the 27th and I got them 31st. In any case I'll go ahead and snap some iphone pics and post up since I never made it back to my friends to get my digi cam.
5PlTg.gif

LOL
roll.gif
Point made 
roll.gif
roll.gif

also received an email from ndc to redeem a free $180 gift card for cancelling my order.
thanks nike. you're not a total d-sipper after all.

You mad Zyzz? So I'm getting the stank face cuz I bought a pair of pretty much B-Grades from AR? A pair that does look better than most mall store pairs. Whatever broski. Aren't you a reseller by the way? Anyways here are some quick flicks, I'm still hungover from last night so not my best shots. I'll take pics tomorrow in the AM w/natural light. 

Ok AR pair is on the right, Niketown pair on the left. Draw your own conclusions. 

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Anyone know if the post offices will be closed tomorrow? I need to pick up one of my pairs. It's been sitting there since Dec. 24th. 
tired.gif

Lastly, the comfort level on these is actually good? I haven't Un-DS'd one of the pairs that I got yet.

-Drew
Closed tomorrow...just like my Cowboys' season.

Ahhhh geez. 
tired.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by vipersupra

give me input, share your method, will it work? will it not? will it destroy the shoes? well that idk just yet.. well see in d future.. i got the method from yungdrseuss of youtube. shout out to him!! i plan on taking the pair out aswell atleastn once a month..

You would do better with them in the box, just without the paper. They need air, and also they need to be away from light.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by vipersupra

give me input, share your method, will it work? will it not? will it destroy the shoes? well that idk just yet.. well see in d future.. i got the method from yungdrseuss of youtube. shout out to him!! i plan on taking the pair out aswell atleastn once a month..

You would do better with them in the box, just without the paper. They need air, and also they need to be away from light.

exactly 
especially if you dont plan on wearing them for while...

I'm not condoning the pickup, but if you aren't able to spot the differences, the AR pair could pass as A-grade. Hell, I thought the pair on the right was Nike's.

Soleawesome.com has full size run
Apparently they're legit from some research I did.
They say they are getting a shipment in later this month and they're not fake or B grades

Originally Posted by dRokDaSpot

did anyone by any chance try to "fix" the patent leather "dimples/orange peel"...

i have 1 pair looking like that and i would rather keep it if i can fix it....

thanks in advance

Anyone know what the fix would be?  I dont even know what is causing that with my pair.  Maybe the glue underneath causing the flaw or is it actually the PL?  All I can of doing is putting a steamer for my clothes to it.  Im scared though...LOL

Originally Posted by khadafi252

I'm not condoning the pickup, but if you aren't able to spot the differences, the AR pair could pass as A-grade. Hell, I thought the pair on the right was Nike's.

That pair isn't from Randy on the right.

You mad Zyzz? So I'm getting the stank face cuz I bought a pair of pretty much B-Grades from AR? A pair that does look better than most mall store pairs. Whatever broski. Aren't you a reseller by the way? Anyways here are some quick flicks, I'm still hungover from last night so not my best shots. I'll take pics tomorrow in the AM w/natural light. 

Ok AR pair is on the right, Niketown pair on the left. Draw your own conclusions. 

The soles on the right look too blue, apart from the 23 on the back they look pretty much similar.

Originally Posted by bootyologist24

Originally Posted by dRokDaSpot

did anyone by any chance try to "fix" the patent leather "dimples/orange peel"...

i have 1 pair looking like that and i would rather keep it if i can fix it....

thanks in advance

Anyone know what the fix would be?  I dont even know what is causing that with my pair.  Maybe the glue underneath causing the flaw or is it actually the PL?  All I can of doing is putting a steamer for my clothes to it.  Im scared though...LOL
thanks for the reply man.... but steamer? how'd you hear about that... let me know if you do end up doing it.... hopefully more ppl can chime in...

Originally Posted by The7onius

The soles on the right look too blue, apart from the 23 on the back they look pretty much similar.

Anybody else notice how the second lace hole / holder / whatever you want to call it from the BOTTOM, doesn't line up the same on these pairs? AR has his lace pillar looking thing coming down straight into the dip of the patent leather on the side. the NT pair has it's lace pillar coming behind it.. I'll check my two RD pairs in a second to see if maybe that NT pair is different or if the AR pair is different. But as stated above, the blue tint is completely different. No comment on complaints. I just think that you got lucky with this pair from Randy the Shoe Maker. And they better be close to RD pairs considering the money you put out for them
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

Originally Posted by khadafi252

That pair isn't from Randy on the right.
Ummm yeah it is Niketown pair on the left, AR pair on the right. AR pair has a bluer sole. 
@The7onius yeah they are really blue in person but still transparent. You know I never really looked at the 23 but looking at these pics what I notice is that both the Niketown ones are slanted whereas the AR pair has 1 thats dead straight and the other slanted lol. It is what it is. 

Other things about the packaging, the carbon fiber print paper on the AR pair was hella shinier and more chromey. Also the outer shell of the AR seems to be a few millimeters narrower than the release date pairs as the inner part doesn't smoothly slide in, it takes a bit of fidgeting but meh. Also the indention on the top where the Jumpan Jordan logo goes is like 3 times the size of the logo whereas the RD pair the indention is the same size of the logo. The production code dates on both pairs is 07/11 - 09/11 (forgot the actual day) Also the AR pair's midsole at the toe has more of a textured surface as opposed to a slightly smoother one on the Niketown pair, but only visible if you actually put the shoe up to your face.

Niketown

AR:

got damn, 230 for fakes is crazy. this is why im scared of these overseas shops. im actually happy most my orders got canceled.

SteveSoFresh- unless I'm continuously reading that wrong, AR's pair is on the right.

Then again, if it fooled us both, the point is proven these could pass as real to those unknowing.

Originally Posted by smzsmz

got damn, 230 for fakes is crazy. this is why im scared of these overseas shops. im actually happy most my orders got canceled.
As bad as I want these, makes no sense to me to just buy fakes...especially at that price.  Disrespectful to the rest of my collection.  Like here is my sick collection but the best shoe in it is not real?  
eyes.gif

To each their own though...

SMH at the fakes comment. How is it a fake shoe? putting duct tape on sandals and adding laces to them and putting a jumpan sticker, that's a "fake" shoe. If the word you're looking for is "unauthorized" that makes more sense. These aren't them $50 boostleg pairs made in a different chinese factory. Materials are the same, the factory is the same as the RD pairs. Take a time out from your online search and read this article and inform yourself on early releases and grey market pairs. For the record I've never purchased nor condone fugazi kicks and I will still make that claim even after the AR purchase. Yeah I wish it coulda been easier to cop 2 pairs online or in store but it wasnt. So I went with an alternative and it paid off *shrug*

SMH at the fakes comment. How is it a fake shoe? putting duct tape on sandals and adding laces to them and putting a jumpan sticker, that's a "fake" shoe. If the word you're looking for is "unauthorized" that makes more sense. These aren't them $50 boostleg pairs made in a different chinese factory. Materials are the same, the factory is the same as the RD pairs. Take a time out from your online search and read this article and inform yourself on early releases and gray market pairs. For the record I've never purchased nor condone fugazi kicks and I will still make that claim even after the AR purchase. Yeah I wish it coulda been easier to cop 2 pairs online or in store but it wasnt. So I went with an alternative and it paid off *shrug*
Man, I would say let it go. This was discussed intensively in the old thread back in August/ September. 

SMH at the fakes comment. How is it a fake shoe? putting duct tape on sandals and adding laces to them and putting a jumpan sticker, that's a "fake" shoe. If the word you're looking for is "unauthorized" that makes more sense. These aren't them $50 boostleg pairs made in a different chinese factory. Materials are the same, the factory is the same as the RD pairs. Take a time out from your online search and read this article and inform yourself on early releases and gray market pairs. For the record I've never purchased nor condone fugazi kicks and I will still make that claim even after the AR purchase. Yeah I wish it coulda been easier to cop 2 pairs online or in store but it wasnt. So I went with an alternative and it paid off *shrug*

The Jordan XI is made by Nike...your shoes are made by a guy who got the materials and made them in the basement (exaggerating).  They were not made by Nike therefore they are fake.  Like I said, no personal disrespect, the shoe is a hot duplicate and would look right when you wear it out.  But if you're a real shoe collector then whats the point if you are mixing in "unauthorized" shoes.  The journey to get the shoes is part of what makes the collection mean something.  

Back
Top Bottom