Official Air Jordan XIV white/varsity red release thread 3/10/12::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING::

^ couldn't have said it better. listing these as a QS to get rid of the pairs they didn't wanna waste. love the CW though

Got my pair today, these definitely don't come close to my 06 pair but im happy with my purchase and my 06 pair are beat

^ I honestly suspect these were left over 2006 B grades they didn't want to send to the outlets, so Nike QS'd them and sold them for $160. The shutting down production hypothesis of a full run sounds reasonable though.

candy canes............
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

candy canes............
30t6p3b.gif

People have been calling them "candy canes" for years now.I knew them as "candy canes" for a long time too.Never had them, wanted them cause I liked em, never bought em cause I didn't like em THAT much.I have to believe the naming of sneakers is a big part of the problem.

lol, resellers in my area are asking $300+ for these... I doubt they'll barely break even.

I thought these were going for $170-$180 on ebay for the OGs and 06s not too long ago
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ceemcee

candy canes............
30t6p3b.gif

People have been calling them "candy canes" for years now.I knew them as "candy canes" for a long time too.Never had them, wanted them cause I liked em, never bought em cause I didn't like em THAT much.I have to believe the naming of sneakers is a big part of the problem.

Im sorry but I have never heard the nickname "candy canes" until this recent retro of these. Every sneaker doesn't need a nickname

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

candy canes............
30t6p3b.gif

Im sorry but I have never heard the nickname "candy canes" until this recent retro of these. Every sneaker doesn't need a nickname

Neither have I. Every shoe having a nickname is ridiculous. On another note, I'm glad resellers are losing, eBay prices are currently $140-$160. Lmao.

I decided to take some pics before I return these POS shoes to a Nike outlet tomorrow. Examine the glue present all over the place in every shot. Examine the Jumpman that has a halo of glue around him. Also have a look at what looks like paint chipping off a 75 year old house, not to mention the random crease right near the front jumpman. Oh, and let's not forget the sloppy painting on the midsole nor the foam that wasn't cut out on the vent. 
I hate to be so negative because I'm usually pretty fair about quality these days, but other than the paneled leather, NOTHING on this release was remotely near acceptable quality. This is easily the worst pair of shoes I have ever bought. Someone mentioned these may be B-Grades from 2006. I highly doubt it. The production date shows 10/12/11, and I tend to believe these were just a really poor run based on the Last Shot mold that didn't pan out well at all. Just atrocious really.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Originally Posted by N Miz

Classic...one of the best retro's in recent months

One of the best retro colorways. One of the worst releases EVER. I mean how can you even defend this rampantly awful quality?

candy canes............
30t6p3b.gif

That's exactly what I'M saying...
But I have heard it, alot actually...
Either way, I'm all for resellers taking L's so I'm happy to say I'm DONE calling them that.
laugh.gif

Dwade made me regret i pass on the last shot .

I still won't pay a dime over retail for any XIV

My pair that came in yesterday was ok I shoulda kept the size 11 from finishline but my foot fell asleep in them lol ...it's really hit or miss with any jb release theses days but overall I can rub off the glue stains so I'm happy it's just my daily summer shoe anyways

candy canes............
30t6p3b.gif

I never called them candy canes at all, but I remember a few people around my way calling the 06s candy canes
a few years ago. I never really got into the nicknames, just another way to hype up a release. 
eyes.gif

^^^^^^ yea they not all the way open whoever cut the holes half did them but I don't lace mine that high anyways

Really upset I missed out on these... Definitely didn't expect them to go like they did

I was kinda disappointed that i missed this release but you guys showing how crappy the quality was on this release. Are making me happy i decided to save my money for some upcoming releases

never thought that they could mess the XIV white/reds up that way.
The Georgetowns and Last shots were indeed better.

Back
Top Bottom