Official Air Jordan XIV white/varsity red release thread 3/10/12::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING::

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Quickstrike wont make the quality better. QS was only labeled on these shoes to create hype and sell out status

I was was referencing that because they had supposed made fewer pairs so they should be able to catch stuff like that.
30t6p3b.gif

I honestly believe that these were set as GR release but when most of the pairs came out looking like garbage Nike scrapped them but instead of taking a lost they put the rest out & hit them w/ a QS tag to break even & make a profit in the process. These r not wat I expected but a nice CW to say the least

Originally Posted by bigkel23

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Quickstrike wont make the quality better. QS was only labeled on these shoes to create hype and sell out status

I was was referencing that because they had supposed made fewer pairs so they should be able to catch stuff like that.
30t6p3b.gif

I honestly believe that these were set as GR release but when most of the pairs came out looking like garbage Nike scrapped them but instead of taking a lost they put the rest out & hit them w/ a QS tag to break even & make a profit in the process. These r not wat I expected but a nice CW to say the least
You might actually be right about that. Cos I thought this release was supposed to drop in the summer, but then all of a sudden info was flying that they were dropping 3/14

good thing i passed on these
grin.gif
 quality on these looks horrible in person
sick.gif
my boy has a pair and it looks like *** after one wear
30t6p3b.gif

I only heard it be called "candy cane" this past week. Seems like a stupid hypebeast name imo, I can see it already....next jordan release campers asking each other if they got the last limited candy cane release
indifferent.gif

Dear JB,
Just because you say it's limited, it will not change the fact that some of your releases are garbage.
Mahalo,
Rayray3000

These sat while I was in hs but Nike said limited so the resellers grabbed em up, I didn't even Want them for retail (swoosh) so keep em resellers

Niketalk talk should change it's nickname to THE ULTIMATE ONLINE SNEAKER CONSPIRACY

Just an FYI..99% of Jordan consumers don't spend their lives on Sneaker Message Boards...they don't know if a shoe is labeled a "quickstrike" or "limited" by Nike when they sell it to a retailer...they just know that they like how the shoe looks and go and buy it...it is really that simple...

Ironically enough...it is YOU, the Sneaker Message Board conspiracy theorists that create the "hype" online, which...ironically only your following Sneaker Message Board readers ever read and buy into...

And the facts are that this shoe sold at nearly 100% on the release date nationwide...so...go figure...

JM

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Niketalk talk should change it's nickname to THE ULTIMATE ONLINE SNEAKER CONSPIRACY

Just an FYI..99% of Jordan consumers don't spend their lives on Sneaker Message Boards...they don't know if a shoe is labeled a "quickstrike" or "limited" by Nike when they sell it to a retailer...they just know that they like how the shoe looks and go and buy it...it is really that simple...

Ironically enough...it is YOU, the Sneaker Message Board conspiracy theorists that create the "hype" online, which...ironically only your following Sneaker Message Board readers ever read and buy into...

And the facts are that this shoe sold at nearly 100% on the release date nationwide...so...go figure...

JM

You are right.
However, some people may find out at various other places, sneaker websites, tumblr, Facebook, etc.

So really it depends on the passion of the person for the sneakers and their longevity of being a collector.

For me, before I started collecting, you right, I didn't know about QS or what have you, but after I did my homework, I learned more about it.

At the end of the day, its all word of mouth anyways.

Once you let someone know a piece of info, it spreads like wildfire.

So eventually, it'll trickle down to the person who don't spend time on sneaker forums and such.

I haven't heard anything yet.....but does anyone who had the OG's think the red on this shoe isn't near as bright as the OG's?

Pulled them out of the box and its the first thing i noticed that they aren't the fire engine red that the OG pair i had was back in the day

There is a lil red smudge by one of the red tips on the white but I haven't seen if it will come off yet

I can post up pics if you guys are interested

I'm really considering sending mine back the more I look at them the more things I find I can't get past the extra clipping of my leather on my last shoe lace hole smdh

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

JM

I see what you did there... But no hype was created what so ever around this shoe...

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Nike researcher logs on to NT to read up on the 14s and he notices that the beasts aren't hyped on them...
staring-at-computer.jpg

come up with great idea... make them a QUICKSTRIKE
idea_bulb.jpg

BEASTmode activated...
hypebeast.jpg

sits back and watches as the word "limited" make shoes sell...

money.jpg

Just-Do-It..jpg
in regards to hype. this is the truth.

I don't regret passing them. They look identical to the retros. Hopefully resellers are stuck with these js. For yrs to come. So is it true footlocker has a new policy. In which if u purchase any item u can't return anymore. Does this policy go with chain stores as we'll footaction,champs,finishline. If so that sucks be,ause most midnight relases they don't let u inspe,ct shoe let alone touch box.o welll

Back
Top Bottom