Official Air Jordan XIV white/varsity red release thread 3/10/12::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING::

some of yall sound like little girls 
laugh.gif
are you gonna complain about EVERY release now?

1. yall have to understand NT (even though it's much larger now) is still a SMALL slice of the retail buying community....just cause there's a bunch of people that don't like them on here doesn't mean the general public isn't gonna eat them up...this is a retro - they might not be popular to you but they are the latest jordan release so that's a automatic cop for most people

2. resellers are a byproduct of the overall hype in the game right now...this isn't some subculture or private club any more...before we were the crazy ones who had more shoes than our girls/wives/moms whatever or who bought things two at a time to save one for later...now with the birth of all of the new school "sneakerheads" this is normal...they gobble up every release - there was a time early in my "career" that i bought just about every main release...now they happen so often its crazy but the hype is still there

3. quality control is a MAJOR issue right now...i don't know how some of these pairs i saw got released to these retailers...its crazy

went into House of Hoops and checked these out in person... Wasn't feeling them at all! the front part especially looked cheap.

Footlocker finally getting smart and stamping "Final Sale" on everything because they know resellers return them when they can't profit. 
I actually slept on these and don't even feel bad.   Playoffs are on my mind. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Footlocker finally getting smart and stamping "Final Sale" on everything because they know resellers return them when they can't profit. 
I actually slept on these and don't even feel bad. Playoffs are on my mind.

ATTN RESELLERS:

If you are going to buy the shoes to try to sell, and not let people who actually want them buy them....make sure you know what supply and demand is. The demand isnt' that high on these and there is still supply. I just got my pair from just having a Nike store ship them to me. First store I called had them, got them for retail. Everyone else locally is trying to sell them for 250

Econ 101.

So resellers can get #%%%$! and hopefully they have to sell them for a loss.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

some of yall sound like little girls 
laugh.gif
are you gonna complain about EVERY release now?

1. yall have to understand NT (even though it's much larger now) is still a SMALL slice of the retail buying community....just cause there's a bunch of people that don't like them on here doesn't mean the general public isn't gonna eat them up...this is a retro - they might not be popular to you but they are the latest jordan release so that's a automatic cop for most people

2. resellers are a byproduct of the overall hype in the game right now...this isn't some subculture or private club any more...before we were the crazy ones who had more shoes than our girls/wives/moms whatever or who bought things two at a time to save one for later...now with the birth of all of the new school "sneakerheads" this is normal...they gobble up every release - there was a time early in my "career" that i bought just about every main release...now they happen so often its crazy but the hype is still there

3. quality control is a MAJOR issue right now...i don't know how some of these pairs i saw got released to these retailers...its crazy

Irony is reading your post . . .

Saw an auction with around 30 bids that reached 195 plus shipping.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Who's REALLY messing up the game?

Wasn't planning on picking these up but I went to the Nike ES today to grab some KD's and they had about 10 pairs sz. 8-11 left of the XIV on a cart in the corner of the store. Tried on a sz. 10 and walked out the store with these for myself for $85 flat.

For some reason, 14's (to me) really look good on feet.

Saw a guy at the mall today wearing them.

His pair looked clean, but then again I wasn't ALL UP on his pair either.

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
I actually slept on these and don't even feel bad.   Playoffs are on my mind

Yeah same here. Playoffs over these all day.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Same here man. These with khakis 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

XIVs are way underrated. Last Shots especially (and those Graphites that came out) look super smooth with jeans or khakis.

Saw these at my local FTL earlier ,and they didn't feel like they were worth the 160 to me.

JB IS HILARIOUS... THEY MADE EM LIMITED BC THEY KNEW THEY WOULD TANK... BUYERS HEARD LIMITED AND SNATCHED THEM OUT OF STORES... SMH... SATISFIED WITH MY FRESH FIRST RETRO'S THESE ARE IN NO WAY WORTH 250 LOL

These are nice. Like the dude a few post before this said. The XIV's are underrated but I think they are one of the most comfortable. I scored a DS pair of Last Shots for $100 w/ receipt from an air men today.

Didn't read the previous pages but when I put mine side by side, the two inside's do not match around the ankle. The left shoe is a bit higher.

Anyone else notice this or if this a blunder for my pair?

You know the hypebeast has boiled over when a pair of 14s have sold out online and resellers are trying to sell them for over $250...LMAO.

It's all good though.  Teise same people listing them for $250 will be trying to get rid of them at $150 in a couple of months.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay over $120 for some 14s.

Originally Posted by PTone

Foot Locker's new policy is to combat resellers, matter of fact. These idiots would go and buy up stock and, once they realize they were charging outrageous prices, demand decreases and the market becomes oversaturated thus forcing them to cut their losses or just return them to come out even, so to speak.

The only resellers this policy will stop is the johnny comelately guy that buys 2 pairs at retail, or worse pays people to stand in line with him. The scumbags getting 3/4 of a store's stock aren't buying them through the normal channels in the front of the store, so it's not like they're going to have receipts to stamp no return on it. Personally I dislike the look of 14s in white, it just doesn't do it for me, I just wanted to comment on what seems to be a trend to screw consumers from footlocker.

Back
Top Bottom