***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

IrvKing
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My man gets the e-cred for posting his pr up first.
Where did you score your pr from ??
eyes.gif

^^^ read what he wrote and not just look at the pics... He said he was just kidding and that they weren't his...

If the 23rd store isn't Flight Club, then the online store honestly has no purpose. The 15s should have been put up in the members only section ofNiketown.com and called it a day.

What happens to the die hard collector who lives in BF Alabama or Kansas and has to drive 8 hours to one of these "magical. special, we're not reallya top 23 seller, super secret squirel stores" only to find that 24 people have already camped out for this shoe. It just doesn't make sense.

JORDAN BRAND......YES I'M SPEAKING DIRECTLY TO YOU MR WHO'S READING THIS ON HIS FANCY iMAC......PUT THE DAMN SHOES ON FLIGHT CLUB!......MAKE THE ONLINESTORE VALID AND HAVE A LEGIT PURPOSE!.....I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE FRANKENSTEIN BASTARDIZATION OF THE AIR FORCE FUSIONS OR SPIKE'Z.........MAKE IT SOTHAT PEOPLE WHO CAN'T POSSIBLY GET THEM, AT LEAST HAVE A SHOT!

GOD......I WANT THESE DAG GONE SHOES

by the way, Ben McDonald error card and Cal Ripken spell Ripkin stadium club.........

PS ROCKDEEP FOR PRESIDENT

Hmm, i went to a store today and they said they will be getting the Titanium Blues, but they weren't on the TOP 23 stores list.

Odd, very odd.

529 pairs in for U.S release. But they will also be sold worldwide.

Also can anyone post or link a hi-res pic of the stealth 23's desktop wallpaper . Yes Ive googled but couldnt come up with anything. Ive seen it onsomeones desktop on here but cant find who

As I watch all of this unfold I have a couple of random thoughts in my mind...

I wonder:

How many people that buy these on release day will keep them for their collection?

I wonder how many pair will ever get worn?

Will JB make extra pairs for guys like Jeter, T.O., Sapp, etc...?

In what city(ies) will an act of violence occur on release day?

How many pair will MJ get? (I have read that he gets at least 6 pair of each shoe that releases; correct me if I'm wrong)

Why the heck do I live in SW Indiana, so far away from the cities that get all the cool stuff?
laugh.gif

How many miles have I put on my vehicle chasing down shoes?

Why is my wife still with me?
roll.gif

O.K., I quit. I would really like to have a pair of these but see no way for it to happen due to geography and the limited nature of the release. I'mlooking down the barrel of a 3 hour drive to the nearest spot with absolutely no guarantee (and little hope) of actually being one of the first in line to getthem. Further, even if I am the first in line, sometimes things happen beyond your control. There could potentially be some wild people trying to get theseshoes. I have no desire to get into an altercation with someone over shoes and we all know that stuff happens sometimes. I've seen reports on TV aboutreleases getting out of hand and people getting hurt, police called, etc...I'm a big boy and can take care of myself, but it begs the question: Is itreally worth it to go through all that?

I'll just cross my fingers and hope that Flight Club, through some miracle, puts them up for us.

The marketing for these babies worked ! People have acutally gone 180 degrees from their first impression... Nonetheless, I'm not within the proximityof these stores to camp-out nor would I waste my time to do so. But to anyone who will do so for a pair of size 10's, I have $1K sitting on my paypalaccount... Waiting for you *wink*

Bo55Diesel raises many true points that are looked past. Just ashame that many may try to flip for some money but an even bigger shame that some many never getlaced up and touch the pavements in awe of their glory haha, only time will tell.

Originally Posted by HoopsTV2000

Hmm, i went to a store today and they said they will be getting the Titanium Blues, but they weren't on the TOP 23 stores list.

Odd, very odd.

same thing happened to me today here in chicago they said they will be getting the titanium blue 23 on the 25th

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

What Shoe Gallery and other "small" retailers are doing is exactly why this type of release will never work. JB should of just kept it to big chain stores or NT's since they are the only ones that follow the rules.

People are going to camp out at these stores to buy all the odd sizes, since the good sizes are going to be scooped up by employees.
smh.gif

They should have given the XX3's to NT Miami, not this little spot.

Same with the other spot that is splitting the 23 pairs among 3 stores, doesn't make sense. JB, fumbled this one.

... exactly, they should of had it at the NT here. stupid idea to have it at some little store.

Originally Posted by HMack007

If the 23rd store isn't Flight Club, then the online store honestly has no purpose. The 15s should have been put up in the members only section of Niketown.com and called it a day.

What happens to the die hard collector who lives in BF Alabama or Kansas and has to drive 8 hours to one of these "magical. special, we're not really a top 23 seller, super secret squirel stores" only to find that 24 people have already camped out for this shoe. It just doesn't make sense.

JORDAN BRAND......YES I'M SPEAKING DIRECTLY TO YOU MR WHO'S READING THIS ON HIS FANCY iMAC......PUT THE DAMN SHOES ON FLIGHT CLUB!......MAKE THE ONLINE STORE VALID AND HAVE A LEGIT PURPOSE!.....I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE FRANKENSTEIN BASTARDIZATION OF THE AIR FORCE FUSIONS OR SPIKE'Z.........MAKE IT SO THAT PEOPLE WHO CAN'T POSSIBLY GET THEM, AT LEAST HAVE A SHOT!

GOD......I WANT THESE DAG GONE SHOES

by the way, Ben McDonald error card and Cal Ripken spell Ripkin stadium club.........

PS ROCKDEEP FOR PRESIDENT

It would be the dumbest move I've ever seen for them to put up 23 pairs for sale online while 2300 people crash theserver trying to get through & purchase them.

Take a cue from Nike Basketball and their Kobe release for the 2K5 and the ZK1. Release a color that will be a GR onlinemonths in advance to Flight Club members. JB benefits from the additional profit on the price markup & Flight Club get the perk of being"exclusive" for a month, month & a half before they hit stores. I don't understand why they have a resource to please people and make moreprofits at the same time, but fail to maximize its potential.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

529 pairs in for U.S release. But they will also be sold worldwide.

Also can anyone post or link a hi-res pic of the stealth 23's desktop wallpaper . Yes Ive googled but couldnt come up with anything. Ive seen it on someones desktop on here but cant find who

Stealth XX3Wallpaper Size

56K - don't ether your modem, lol

i wanted the stealth ones, but hell no i aint campin out in downtown miami infront of some little store and probably not even get them.

so there will be other colors coming out in the next few months?

Originally Posted by rhcp729

i wonder if the pair that's numbered 23 out of 529 would go for a bit more when resold? also, at R-Sole, you wont find MSRP. our prices will be marked up quite a bit on these. just a heads up to all of you thinking of driving here, not my choice.

I love that R. Sole continues to engage in the ultimate bait-and-switch. Never quoting prices over the phone -- or on NT in this case.
Simple question: Why? And it's not just this shoe. It was the same with the Foamposities (and it was a minor miracle they didn't overcharge on those).

No doubt Chris. Its not illegal to price change like that but it just aint right.

Rsole is famous for doing that.

Ok, It took me a minute, but I'm pretty sure that I see "MJ" in the stitch pattern of the white blue colorway.... haven't read the wholethread so i might be late. It's a bit more apparent in the Lows.

like i said dudes, this isn't my personal call. it's our owners, they're being pretty strict with this release. it's company policy not to giveprices out over the phone or internet. and there's no telling who from my job is looking at this post. but if you don't like the way we do business whyshop, and why complain? we're still the best sneaker store in the saint louis area.

*edit* also, to those who've been calling or were thinking about it. we're doing a raffle as well. this was decided in the last 24 hours, not sure howi feel about it exactly.

Originally Posted by liljase2000

I saw these in person today...they are average at best.

COUNTDOWN PACKS START AT .01

i disagree. we stared at these at work for awhile today. this is the best looking jordan since the xvi easily, and the first time i've been excitedabout a release in about as long. this is one of the cleanest jordan's in recent memory. the dvd that comes with is pretty sweet, but short.

like i said dudes, this isn't my personal call. it's our owners, they're being pretty strict with this release. it's company policy not to give prices out over the phone or internet. and there's no telling who from my job is looking at this post. but if you don't like the way we do business why shop, and why complain? we're still the best sneaker store in the saint louis area.

*edit* also, to those who've been calling or were thinking about it. we're doing a raffle as well. this was decided in the last 24 hours, not sure how i feel about it exactly.

What do you have to do to get a raffle ticket?

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

like i said dudes, this isn't my personal call. it's our owners, they're being pretty strict with this release. it's company policy not to give prices out over the phone or internet. and there's no telling who from my job is looking at this post. but if you don't like the way we do business why shop, and why complain? we're still the best sneaker store in the saint louis area.

*edit* also, to those who've been calling or were thinking about it. we're doing a raffle as well. this was decided in the last 24 hours, not sure how i feel about it exactly.

we're going to start giving them out at 10 am next friday. we'll open at 11.

I don't know how the landscape has shifted in six months since I left, but I know this much...if you all have somehow taken the crown, it's becausearguably the most valuable person Street Legends had left for another establishment, and SL further messed itself up with some issues with Nike. I'm sorry,but customer service will always count for something -- and SL always went the extra mile for me, even driving multiple pairs of kicks from one location toanother when the power was out at one location, just so I could make my pickup that day.

And I don't even mean this as a shot at the people in the store -- had a real pleasant experience most times I went in there. But any company whoovercharges over MSRP always has a black eye in my book. And policies about not quoting prices over the phone aren't friendly to the customer in the least.Same stuff with trivial things about pictures in the store. I realize it's not your choice, but you work there and part of working there is hearing thecomplaints about the policies of that store, you know?

Be sure and take pics of the crowd; I'm sure there will be some interesting people who come out of the woodwork.

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

I don't know how the landscape has shifted in six months since I left, but I know this much...if you all have somehow taken the crown, it's because arguably the most valuable person Street Legends had left for another establishment, and SL further messed itself up with some issues with Nike. I'm sorry, but customer service will always count for something -- and SL always went the extra mile for me, even driving multiple pairs of kicks from one location to another when the power was out at one location, just so I could make my pickup that day.

And I don't even mean this as a shot at the people in the store -- had a real pleasant experience most times I went in there. But any company who overcharges over MSRP always has a black eye in my book. And policies about not quoting prices over the phone aren't friendly to the customer in the least. Same stuff with trivial things about pictures in the store. I realize it's not your choice, but you work there and part of working there is hearing the complaints about the policies of that store, you know?

i hear you dude. if you're ever this way, please stop in r-sole and talk to me(i'm the nerdy white/asian kid). and lemme know in advance, i'malways down to help a NT'er out.

all you guys crying about the price

believe me i am wiling to pay over way over so i dont have to sleep in the cold nyc streets over night

rhcp729-give me the number to the store and if they allow a phone order i'll pay your price so i dont deal with the B.S of staying in the street.

Be sure and take pics of the crowd; I'm sure there will be some interesting people who come out of the woodwork.

i write for sneakernews.com, and i'm going to be doing a little story on the release. with pictures, interviews and everything. see what people arerocking to the store that day, etc.

Back
Top Bottom