Official Air Jordan XX3 Titanium Blue Post!

Originally Posted by rhcp729

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Originally Posted by rhcp729

what lesson is it teaching him though? he paid what he had to for the shoes, and sold them at HIS price. people didn't have to buy them. but we sold out of them rather fast, and had over 100 people line up. when we annoucned the price, people didn't flinch, because they WANTED these shoes. there's no one to blame here but jordan brand, don't point the finger at our store. and i know it's not against me, but i do collect a paycheck from them each month.

Lets break it down...

The retail price on these shoes was $230 which means the stores bought them for wholesale at roughly $125/pair, I'm not 100% sure that is what they wholesaled at but it's within $5.

So a store selling them at retail price would make a profit of roughly $105 on each pair which would be a total of $2415 after selling their 23 pairs which is pretty damn good money.

Now R-Sole sold them for $500 which gave them a profit of roughly $375 per pair which comes out to a total of $8625 for all 23 pairs that sold. So basically they made $6210 MORE PROFIT then stores that sold them at RETAIL. It would take 3 1/2 stores selling them at retail to make as much profit as they did off 23 pairs of shoes.
Now if you don't think JB is going to look into this and they can/will possibly take action and decide to no longer sell your store JB products to sell in it... Then I'd say that would be a pretty valuable lesson to your owner not to screw people over. Yes people paid the price and yeah he made a quick $8600 but in the long run he could potentially lose out on hundreds of thousands in profit from selling JB mechandise and I don't know about you but I'd take the latter of those choices myself!!!!

And you are absolutly right in a way JB is to blame because they should have ONLY released these shoes at NIKE STORES so that they could actually control these shoes releasing so if that happened your store would have never gotten them and your owner wouldn't have had a chance to be the super greedy person he is. But the fact remains, JB decided not to sell them at just Nike locations and gave your store the "hook up" to be one of the "Top 23 JB Stores" in the country and this is how your owner repaid them for the hook up. Your owner was the one that set the price that these shoes sold for out of your store so I still can "point the finger" at him and your store for selling them for that much...

we weren't 'hooked up'. by your terms. our COMPANY was a top 23 retailer, and our company owner chose our store out of the 40 something other stores to carry these shoes. no matter what store would have received them, the price would've been the same. don't assume until you know everything. you know what happens when you assume...

Well we already know that sales volume/numbers had NOTHING to do with how the stores were picked, if that was the case half the stores on the list wouldnot have been on there!!!! So yes, your store was "hooked up" and put on the list as were most of the rest of the stores... If it was based purelyoff sales numbers the list would have been entirely different!!!

christianaudigier ... thats some stone cold garbage, i wish that i knew that it wasnt first come first serve i spent all night out in the cold out there incolumbia only to come home with some #*!%$*+ raffle ticket, that place didnt even hook us up with like a lil show or nothing for spendin all the #*!%$*+ timeout there.

tony perkins is on my @+!# list too ... trynna weasel his way into a pair. anyway im tight that i could just waited till the morning and gotten a good nightsrest, DTLR handled the whole situation greeezy. congrats on the pickup, way to merc the system.

- annoyed i still aint got @+!#. kobe 3s it is !!## the@%+$$$%*%.

These are some nice kicks and congrats to those who were able to get them. After "camping out" for the CG XI's at NTSF I told myself that wouldbe the last time I would ever do that for some shoes and I have not camped out since. The XXXIII's will be the first non retro Jordan for me since theXIX's. I really like the black/red colorway. Sorry if posted but have there been any pics of the stealth colorway. Just curious but for those in SF thatwent to Sheiks how was it?

Originally Posted by playmaker09

Originally Posted by jaysonisfly

the only way i'll pay over 1k if its the #23 pair. has anybody found it yet?
I hear you but that would be like $3000 at least.

I doubt it was sold in one of the 23 stores. They prob gave it to MJ himself. If not, my guess would be somebody from Nike/JB has it. Probably alsoexplains, why so many unnumbered pair were included in U.S. shipments. Just a guess.

Can't believe D'Wayne Edwards said these are for the "loyal consumers."
Yeah and after his mediocre designs on the past 2 J's he should've been demoted to designing and commenting on ONLY Team Jordans
ohwell.gif

I wonder how JB feels about the stores charging more then retail or if they even care at all.
All the people in charge of that company care about are themselves, thats been proven over and over...

hmmm...MJ talking about their "commitment to build the best products"...
roll.gif

I guess he means only the Air Jordan line, because they certainly don't keep that commitment with all their other crappy shoes the past few years...

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I think NT, JB forum, whatever, needs to bring this directly to JB. It could be a petition to release these as a GR, or some other form of protest, but how much of this can loyal customers continue to stomach? Does anyone think it feasible to even try and get something going? But here I am, thinking of petitioning to possibly spend my own money
laugh.gif
. Its really not all that funny though.

There was a petition to block the release of the Thunder/Lighning IVs. Looking back, that was pretty dumb and a wasted effort for such a horrible shoe. Why did we care that JB was releasing trash? Those that didn't like it, didn't buy it. However, this situation is a complete turn around. There are just too few to go around. And not only that, many of these pairs were whored out for extravagant prices right out the store.

I seriously think we, or someone, should do something about this, instead of just speculating a later GR release. What say you, NT?

I second that. I'll definitely sign the petition. This is a good opportunity to ask JB to do something that I consider as a fair request from theirtrue loyal customers and hopefully enable them reassess whether this type of immoral promotion (yes, I consider their behavior as immoral) really does helpthem or not. At the same time, hopefully they will make a GR version of the white/titanium-university blue XX3s. Afterall, we have people camping out insub-zero temperatures (don't tell me they couldn't have anticipated that with a Jan. 25th RD), have had people getting shot, robbed at gunpoint, spentenormous amount of resources to hunt down a pair of grails halfway across the globe, and we've even had people doing all sorts crazy things over the yearsfor them and what does JB have shown in return? That "appreciation" letter that's printed on the X/XIII pack sure feels like a smack in the facewhen it is compared with this "appreciation" release.

Originally Posted by The Warehouse 13

Originally Posted by playmaker09

Originally Posted by jaysonisfly

the only way i'll pay over 1k if its the #23 pair. has anybody found it yet?
I hear you but that would be like $3000 at least.

I doubt it was sold in one of the 23 stores. They prob gave it to MJ himself. If not, my guess would be somebody from Nike/JB has it. Probably also explains, why so many unnumbered pair were included in U.S. shipments. Just a guess.
good thinking. im pretty sure number 23,1,529, and 45 were given away to jordan brand members. maybe even number 230. so i guess the next best thing IS230 if they havent given that away or 217 for MJs birthday (and my birthday)

^^^ The way the numbering is done with the titaniums...I wouldn't be surprised if MJ himself received 23 pairs, all with 23 of 529 or whatever number hewants on them..

Michael has almost a dozen pairs of this particular shoe - F.Y.I.

At least that is what I was told.

To those who missed out,Try and get the All Star edition. IMO it will be a collectors as well

YOu guys really think JB is gonna pull plugs on stores that sold over retail??? phhss HELL NO, JB is the DEVIL here in all ofthis. They masterminded this all and it isnt going to end here with the TITANIUMs. Expect to see other shoes done this way. This whole chaos is letting JB knowthat they can indeed get away with stealing candy from a baby because the 23 stores ALL SOLD OUT and made them the money they demanded for these. Now justbecause the stores took some of the cake, isnt going to blemish at all JB's handshake with its little demons... Trust me!!! this nonsense and MISTREATMENTwill continue and sorry to say,,, will get worse...

Gentry has been saying Jordans will become limited after XX3's. If this is a sign of things to come, then
eyes.gif

HOW DO THE SHOES FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE THAT GOT THEM.......HAVE U GUYS TRY THEM ON ALREADY......................

I'll leave my two cents.....Take it for what it's worth.

No offense to FlipJays....But he might be wrong in this case....
ohwell.gif

Those un-numbered pairs you guys have or see pop up, they are apart of THIS initial release.....

So what i'm trying to say is that, "all 1058 of the Titanium XX3's were NOT numbered, just half, which is 529......

I do not believe there will be another release for this particular colorway, but there are other colorways i feel are nicer/better than these that will releasemonths later.

So if you want them, you should have obtained them if you could, or bid away on everyone's favorite site.
laugh.gif

Regarding the All-Star's release, as i have said earlier, the numbers will be EXACTLY like the QS XX's....Basically a LimitedGR....They are not a LS in any form or fashion...You should be able to obtain these fairly easy...Collectors item, maybe. Limted, HELL NO!!!!!!

While the Stealth's are a GR.

Hope that clears up all the confusion & pure speculation floating around.
pimp.gif

PO

DUDE ^^^ Read PO's post.

Also... Rsole got them because of their Company, not that particular store.

Its cool that stores can get away with selling them at a higher price. But I wouldnt get into a habit of doing that.

^^^neg. like PO stated, they will be a limited gr like the qs xx. if you guys are lucky, they'll be available online like the qs xx's were. i can'tstand the "all-star" colorway...all the "M's" make them look like some McD's ad on the side of the shoe.

Originally Posted by PO2345

I'll leave my two cents.....Take it for what it's worth. No offense to FlipJays....But he might be wrong in this case.... Those un-numbered pairs you guys have or see pop up, they are apart of THIS initial release.....So what i'm trying to say is that, "all 1058 of the Titanium XX3's were NOT numbered, just half, which is 529. I do not believe there will be another release for this particular colorway, but there are other colorways i feel are nicer/better than these that will release months later. So if you want them, you should have obtained them if you could, or bid away on everyone's favorite site. Regarding the All-Star's release, as i have said earlier, the numbers will be EXACTLY like the QS XX's....Basically a Limited GR....They are not a LS in any form or fashion...You should be able to obtain these fairly easy... While the Stealth's are a GR. Hope that clears up all the confusion & pure speculation floating around. PO

None taken PO...

I LOVE the all-star pair. THOSE are the ones Im gonna buy to wear. If I would have got the Limited in my sizr instead of a sz 8 I might have kept them for awhile. BUT, I have no reason to keep a sz 8, cuz I cant put it on my big toe...lol.

Back
Top Bottom