Official Air Jordan XX3 White/Black/Red Post 2/16/08

When is everyone going to say enough is enough? This is the first release of a new numbered Jordan that I have wanted that I haven't been able to get myhands on, and it is the 23. Yeah, I have pairs from 1 on. This is ridiculous. This limited stuff hurts real fans and just helps rich scalpers get richer. Way to go Mike. Your legacy is nothing but greed. I'm in this flight club and it gets me access to Retro 15's? That's a joke, right? Theyactually send you 23's when you buy them?

I have pairs (usually double) of every Jordan, even though I have to save save save to earn them, this is the thanks I get for being loyal? For actuallyadmiring you for most of my life? I never thought I would see the day when I would want to be done, but I am sick with increasing prices, I am sick withlimited shoes that require a camp out in dangerous places in dangerous temperatures, I am sick of retroes that aren't retroes and garbage colorways with nocolor and no substantive style. If I ever see another black cat I think I might puke. How long did that take to think up? Anyone off the street can do that.

Packs for $310 that contain shoes that in almost every case combined originally to sell for much less than that? Then you make it limited? @+$. Who issticking around for this crap? This shoe isn't that special anyway, its generic outside of the stiching on the side. I have been pushed away! Ican't even believe it. But I'm tired of going through this, it isn't fun anymore, its just stupid, and I've got better things to do with mylife. I want to make a difference for people, not make tons of money so I can gamble it away before I die.

Mike, save yourself the trouble of the 24. Your legacy is garbage, just like your game clearly evolved into. You don't know when to quit.

Originally Posted by tangkadguy

yea true are these even LS? are they worth for example leaving now and lining up? Im in GA.

Yeah, they're LS... well, they're limited at least. I don't know if they're worth lining up for, but they'll be sold out.

I think we all knew these would move fast, but is it just me or are they going as fast as some J's back in the day? I don't remember a new Jordanselling this quickly in a very long time. Amazing!

For those who want the stealths, better get your's on lockdown ASAP!

yea I did the mistake of not asking the stores today but I looked at the urban accts list for here in GA so im just gonna go by that and just park there nowand wait and see... lol If I like how they look and feel imma keep if not, imma sell. but im no reseller...I hate that...

Originally Posted by Afterburner the 2nd

When is everyone going to say enough is enough? This is the first release of a new numbered Jordan that I have wanted that I haven't been able to get my hands on, and it is the 23. Yeah, I have pairs from 1 on. This is ridiculous. This limited stuff hurts real fans and just helps rich scalpers get richer. Way to go Mike. Your legacy is nothing but greed. I'm in this flight club and it gets me access to Retro 15's? That's a joke, right? They actually send you 23's when you buy them?

I have pairs (usually double) of every Jordan, even though I have to save save save to earn them, this is the thanks I get for being loyal? For actually admiring you for most of my life? I never thought I would see the day when I would want to be done, but I am sick with increasing prices, I am sick with limited shoes that require a camp out in dangerous places in dangerous temperatures, I am sick of retroes that aren't retroes and garbage colorways with no color and no substantive style. If I ever see another black cat I think I might puke. How long did that take to think up? Anyone off the street can do that.

Packs for $310 that contain shoes that in almost every case combined originally to sell for much less than that? Then you make it limited? @+$. Who is sticking around for this crap? This shoe isn't that special anyway, its generic outside of the stiching on the side. I have been pushed away! I can't even believe it. But I'm tired of going through this, it isn't fun anymore, its just stupid, and I've got better things to do with my life. I want to make a difference for people, not make tons of money so I can gamble it away before I die.

Mike, save yourself the trouble of the 24. Your legacy is garbage, just like your game clearly evolved into. You don't know when to quit.

Wow, someone's angry! Good to hear someone speak their mind though. Way to go speaking up man! Props!

This is the first release of a new numbered Jordan that I have wanted that I haven't been able to get my hands on, and it is the 23.
This shoe isn't that special anyway, its generic outside of the stiching on the side.

While I do agree with you on some points, this just doesn't make sense to me. And also, if you were a true fan who truly wanted these, youwould be outside somewhere camping, not getting mad after trying to get them online and giving up.

I hope I can get these tommorow morning.

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

I think we all knew these would move fast, but is it just me or are they going as fast as some J's back in the day? I don't remember a new Jordan selling this quickly in a very long time. Amazing!

im not sure by what you consider back in the day, but every signature series ive bought has been on sale.

When is everyone going to say enough is enough? This is the first release of a new numbered Jordan that I have wanted that I haven't been able to get my hands on, and it is the 23. Yeah, I have pairs from 1 on. This is ridiculous. This limited stuff hurts real fans and just helps rich scalpers get richer. Way to go Mike. Your legacy is nothing but greed. I'm in this flight club and it gets me access to Retro 15's? That's a joke, right? They actually send you 23's when you buy them?

I have pairs (usually double) of every Jordan, even though I have to save save save to earn them, this is the thanks I get for being loyal? For actually admiring you for most of my life? I never thought I would see the day when I would want to be done, but I am sick with increasing prices, I am sick with limited shoes that require a camp out in dangerous places in dangerous temperatures, I am sick of retroes that aren't retroes and garbage colorways with no color and no substantive style. If I ever see another black cat I think I might puke. How long did that take to think up? Anyone off the street can do that.

Packs for $310 that contain shoes that in almost every case combined originally to sell for much less than that? Then you make it limited? @+$. Who is sticking around for this crap? This shoe isn't that special anyway, its generic outside of the stiching on the side. I have been pushed away! I can't even believe it. But I'm tired of going through this, it isn't fun anymore, its just stupid, and I've got better things to do with my life. I want to make a difference for people, not make tons of money so I can gamble it away before I die.

Agreed.
pimp.gif

yea, i dont really know what to say either other than this entire situation is ******ed. i started in this topic saying i really liked these but was goingto pass and just pick up the black/stealth. after looking at the pictures over the past few days i said screw it, ill just get both. since i got jacked atall of the online sites ill try tomorrow to fend off the pos re-sellers. it sucks getting shut out by clueless highschoolers that havent even been alive aslong as ive been wearing the shoes, but thats what the company has reduced the experienced to.

im also passing on the countdown packs unless i happen to get lucky on eastbay, my time is just worth more than the hassle.

Mike doesn't run the company and has more important things to worry about, I completely understand you, but they seem to more about quality than quantity.They cannot mass produce this model as with previous Jordans. It took much more time to prouce, more intricate details, etc. As for the increase in price,that's just economics, prices go up with time, the same reason a bottle of Coke doesn't cost 5cents anymore. There is an economic equation you can dowhere you compare specific prices from an era prior and the present year, you'll find 2008 prices are nearly similar to prices of the 90's, if notthey're close. I'm sure Mike isn't try to screw any of us either, that isn't his character, it's just too bad that this "sneakerthing" has become a trend, a symbol, a fad, and while it's a fad you have people that are going to try to profit of off it (instead of going tocollege and getting a job) as well as take up enough stock of the product that's big so that the true, loyal fans, the ones that have been there all alongget screwed. They ought to just utilize Flight Club specifically for the ones like us. Oh well, I hope everyone is satisfied with the XX3s and was able to geta pair, let me know if you need them, the stores in Syracuse won't have many buyers, good luck

not many stores are getting these here in north carolina
most stores got at most 12 pairs

mr delorean wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afterburner the 2nd wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When is everyone going to say enough is enough? This is the first release of a new numbered Jordan that I have wanted that I haven't been able to get myhands on, and it is the 23. Yeah, I have pairs from 1 on. This is ridiculous. This limited stuff hurts real fans and just helps rich scalpers get richer. Wayto go Mike. Your legacy is nothing but greed. I'm in this flight club and it gets me access to Retro 15's? That's a joke, right? They actually sendyou 23's when you buy them?

I have pairs (usually double) of every Jordan, even though I have to save save save to earn them, this is the thanks I get for being loyal? For actuallyadmiring you for most of my life? I never thought I would see the day when I would want to be done, but I am sick with increasing prices, I am sick withlimited shoes that require a camp out in dangerous places in dangerous temperatures, I am sick of retroes that aren't retroes and garbage colorways with nocolor and no substantive style. If I ever see another black cat I think I might puke. How long did that take to think up? Anyone off the street can do that.

Packs for $310 that contain shoes that in almost every case combined originally to sell for much less than that? Then you make it limited? @+$. Who is stickingaround for this crap? This shoe isn't that special anyway, its generic outside of the stiching on the side. I have been pushed away! I can't evenbelieve it. But I'm tired of going through this, it isn't fun anymore, its just stupid, and I've got better things to do with my life. I want tomake a difference for people, not make tons of money so I can gamble it away before I die.

yea, i dont really know what to say either other than this entire situation is ******ed. i started in this topic saying i really liked these but was going topass and just pick up the black/stealth. after looking at the pictures over the past few days i said screw it, ill just get both. since i got jacked at all ofthe online sites ill try tomorrow to fend off the pos re-sellers. it sucks getting shut out by clueless highschoolers that havent even been alive as long asive been wearing the shoes, but thats what the company has reduced the experienced to.

im also passing on the countdown packs unless i happen to get lucky on eastbay, my time is just worth more than the hassle.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

guess what guys.. the brand jordan line is just what it says it is.. a brand.. they are not the only company that makes "limited exclusive" "buyonly here or miss out!!" shoes and clothes.. they are a business just like the ones you and i work for..
ask yourself
"wha will happen it the market is flooded with all the shoes that everybody wants?.."
my answer is that there will be no demand.. no need to buy jordans.. no need for brand jordan.. no need means no business.. just because he played the game tothe highest level doesn't mean he didnt design and incorporate his own brand to make you guys happy to have his shoes..
no matter how many interviews you saw of him and how many bugs bunny posters u have on your wall he still is in this game to make the general public want hisstuff.. he's still competavive.
now put it this way.. if u invented the world's only "Gizmo" and this "Gizmo" is so exclusive and so thoughtout that you wantedeverybody to have it and enjoy it.. at first its fine to make about 1 million of them because its a new product and you want millions of people to buy them butwhat happens when u sell about 90% of your stock.. you never really get to sell your complete "Gizmo" stock... now what do smart business men do whensomething doesn't sell... you improve the "Gizmo" by making it smarter better faster stronger with a new flashy name.. i call it "GizmoII"... its worked for hundreds of years and we all love it.. think about it the next time u use ur iphone.. zune.. notebook/laptop/pocketpc..thingamajigs..

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

At least you got some. Here in NE PA there isn't a single store I know of that has these. Luckily there isone store getting the stealths!

Come on , JORDAN DOES know what's going when it comes to his SHOES, you mean to tell me he is not a micro-manager, the man is the head of a multimilliondollar industry and that he has more things to worry about than that? I mean come on you can't actually believe that! Bottom line is all he really caresabout is making more money and he could really care less about any loyalty from his fans-that's unless they all stop buying his product then he'llreally care. I don't know if I can't get the XX3's for retail, then I think I'ma go ahead and call it quits, I am kinda heated right now butthis stuff is just crazy and IF he really cared, he wouldn't risk the lives of "loyal" consumers time and time again with crazy exclusives orlimited editons because he would know and does know just like the past, people will get robbed and God forbid even killed for a pair of his exclusive shoes.You know Jim Brown was right Jordan just cares about the Dollar he could careless about anything else and it's a shame he can do so much more but, wherewould be the profit outta of that right? Just don't flame me for this, its just how I feel right now. Peace!

I just got back from a midnight release... all I can say is, I was number 3 in line and bought 2 11.5's for me and two other sizes (2 friends) and after 10minutes they were denying requests for sizes. I rejected the first 11.5 because their was some silver paint or glue smeared on the red toe area. Then theclerk spilled the 1st size 13 I requested and destroyed the box. After being patient, I got 4 nice pairs. I also have size a 12 to pick up in the AM that Ireserved a week ago at FNL.... Tomorrow I will decide which size i will keep.

Stealth are scheduled to arrive 2/18 from pys.

We did have a buster get line with fake stealths.... they were super fakes too, SO NASTY.

Good luck everyone...

Originally Posted by mr delorean

I think we all knew these would move fast, but is it just me or are they going as fast as some J's back in the day? I don't remember a new Jordan selling this quickly in a very long time. Amazing!

im not sure by what you consider back in the day, but every signature series ive bought has been on sale.

I'm talking about back in the 80's and early- to mid-90's, when Jordan release day was damn near a national holiday.

At least you got some. Here in NE PA there isn't a single store I know of that has these. Luckily there is one store getting the stealths!
Where in PA..I'm in Easton.

Originally Posted by savan310

Come on , JORDAN DOES know what's going when it comes to his SHOES, you mean to tell me he is not a micro-manager, the man is the head of a multimillion dollar industry and that he has more things to worry about than that? I mean come on you can't actually believe that! Bottom line is all he really cares about is making more money and he could really care less about any loyalty from his fans-that's unless they all stop buying his product then he'll really care. I don't know if I can't get the XX3's for retail, then I think I'ma go ahead and call it quits, I am kinda heated right now but this stuff is just crazy and IF he really cared, he wouldn't risk the lives of "loyal" consumers time and time again with crazy exclusives or limited editons because he would know and does know just like the past, people will get robbed and God forbid even killed for a pair of his exclusive shoes. You know Jim Brown was right Jordan just cares about the Dollar he could careless about anything else and it's a shame he can do so much more but, where would be the profit outta of that right? Just don't flame me for this, its just how I feel right now. Peace!

Your pretty much exactly right.If anyone flames you then they're a damn fool.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

At least you got some. Here in NE PA there isn't a single store I know of that has these. Luckily there is one store getting the stealths!
Where in PA..I'm in Easton.

I'm from just outside Scranton. Dunder Mifflin represent! LOL! Anyway, any places in Easton getting the XX3s? I know they're getting thestealths at the Foot Locker in Stroudsburg, but I haven't checked in down your way. I haven't heard anything about the All-Stars.

On a related note are there any good kicks spots in Easton? Or do you go to downtown Allentown, Lehigh Valley Mall, or Philipsburg Mall?

Well, good luck getting the XX3s man! I am psyched! I know I'll be one of the few rocking them in my neck of the woods!

This is the reaction they wanted. They wanted you to believe that they are just flying out of the store. Not hard to sell out a shoe that most storesonly received one size run and is marketed as a end of an era.

I accepted everything JB has become, but the last thing I would've imagined was the hypebeast marketing of the celebratory 23. This type of marketing fora new model reeks of desparation. Two limited colorways before the GR drops?

The titaniums are too crazy to not be a GR. :}

tangkadguy what part of GA? I am in marietta/kennesaw area and only know of two spots getting them. Finishline at cumberland mall and athletes foot atcumberland! The manager at the athletes foot said he had them but they were doing a midnight release at one of the other stores in ATL for a midnight releaseand he said i may not have any left over to sell. Good luck. i picked mine up on wednesday finally got lucky. Also niketown was not getting these.

Well its crazy how fast they sold out online.....I am going to get up early, but not too early because I got a hook up holding them down for me. Just gotta getup, warm up the car and go get em. Good luck to all that didn't copp yet or has to get up at the crack. Goodnight NT.

Back
Top Bottom