Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

im not the only one. the bhm are THE best so far imo. if i only get those and r/w I'd be good. two completely opposites

BHM XX9s are clean.
pimp.gif

BHM xx9 best cway to drop so far imo

Def goin after a pair on RD, will be my first one.

If these are anything like the xx8 se then :smokin

XX8's were the start of this tech. Plus the bounce and feel on the XX8's are way better than the XX9's.... at least for me. :smokin

I agree. In terms of cushioning I think it will be like the 12 and 13. The 12 was the first Jordan sig to use zoom and it used full length zoom. Although the 13 used zoom too, it was heel and forefoot zoom which some people feel is a downgrade.

In terms of the woven material, it's too soon to tell whether or not it's a game changer. It's certainly innovative. But we don't know if it would be a new tech that would be implemented for future models.

I know some of this may be repetitive but this stuff keeps coming up.  By the way, NOT coming at anyone in here, just giving my .02.

Two things here:

1. The zoom on the XX8 provided more of that WOW factor, because it protruded more.  This gave you an amazing zoom experience, but it came at a price where many people have had constant issues with the bags popping/deflating.  The XX9's zoom doesn't give you quite that good of a sensation -- it doesn't protrude as much as in the XX8 and is almost flush with the rest of the outsole.  I completely agree with some that the XX8 zoom felt better, but it still feels good on the XX9 (imo of course...) and I haven't heard of many if any issues with the zoom bags popping.

2. I personally think that the woven upper IS a game changer, whether or not they use it on other shoes.  It seems that for years, companies have been attempting to get close to shoes that are minimal, even 'sock-like' that will still perform and provide enough support.  This is as close as it gets with the XX9.  Each time I play in the XX9, it just blows my mind that you can get enough security from this upper.  When I first slipped the shoe on, my thought was: no way I can run the floor, go all out in this shoe... I thought wrong.  Of course the support pieces underfoot and at the heel play into it, but the way they built in support with different weave patterns, thread count, etc. is just crazy to me.

Last edited:

I know some of this may be repetitive but this stuff keeps coming up.  By the way, NOT coming at anyone in here, just giving my .02.

Two things here:

1. The zoom on the XX8 provided more of that WOW factor, because it protruded more.  This gave you an amazing zoom experience, but it came at a price where many people have had constant issues with the bags popping/deflating.  The XX9's zoom doesn't give you quite that good of a sensation -- it doesn't protrude as much as in the XX8 and is almost flush with the rest of the outsole.  I completely agree with some that the XX8 zoom felt better, but it still feels good on the XX9 (imo of course...) and I haven't heard of many if any issues with the zoom bags popping.

2. I personally think that the woven upper IS a game changer, whether or not they use it on other shoes.  It seems that for years, companies have been attempting to get close to shoes that are minimal, even 'sock-like' that will still perform and provide enough support.  This is as close as it gets with the XX9.  Each time I play in the XX9, it just blows my mind that you can get enough security from this upper.  When I first slipped the shoe on, my thought was: no way I can run the floor, go all out in this shoe... I thought wrong.  Of course the support pieces underfoot and at the heel play into it, but the way they built in support with different weave patterns, thread count, etc. is just crazy to me.
I agree with this. I had the XX8 SE and that "extra bounce" was bc the zoom unit protruded so much. But this is also why they always got shredded. Now it's more flush with the outsole so it does not provide as much feedback but still the same cushioning. At least that's what I think and feel when using the XX9. Longevity has obviously been improved bc of this also. FWIW, I was actually one of those that didn't like the protruding unit on the XX8. I like to play low to the ground and it always made me feel unbalanced for some reason esp when guarding really quick players. Went back to the Kobe 9.

Last edited:
I think the XX9's are the best so far out of the BHM this year... well just wished the Kobe's were lows :smh:

I would like a pair of these to hoop in, but can not get myself to spend the money on a shoe with no heel cushioning (aside from the foam cushioning). Especially in a $225 shoe.

I'm sure they are not bad, but most of my favorite hooping shoes (Melo M9, Jordan 18 and 19) have serious heel cushion, can't imagine liking one without.

The one hoop shoe I tried without heel cushion was the 2012 hyperfuse. hated them. Come on JB, how about a playoff or SE version with heel zoom!

I would like a pair of these to hoop in, but can not get myself to spend the money on a shoe with no heel cushioning (aside from the foam cushioning). Especially in a $225 shoe.

I'm sure they are not bad, but most of my favorite hooping shoes (Melo M9, Jordan 18 and 19) have serious heel cushion, can't imagine liking one without.

The one hoop shoe I tried without heel cushion was the 2012 hyperfuse. hated them. Come on JB, how about a playoff or SE version with heel zoom!

Playoff edition with Heel cushioning for $275

JB needs to drop their price on xx9s,,,its overpriced :smh:

and 190 USD for retro Jordans with lower quality are not overpriced?

Generally. most Nike basketball shoes are very expensive compared to Adidas, And1 or Reebok.
But like cars, you cannot have a Mercedes-Benz for a price of a Volkswagen ^^

I def have issues about not having heel zoom, but if the playoffs do have them that might solve my problem.  Also does everyone think the non quick strike xx9s color ways will sit like the 28 se?  Want to give these at a test drive at the right price

I finally hooped in my xx9s for the first time and I didn't have any issues with the missing heel zoom. cushioning was fine for me. I do have to say that imo they provide less support though than the Superflys,Hyperdunks etc. The Performance Woven upper feels awesome on your feet but the support/lockdown just didn't feel the same. I felt a little shaky in the beginning even though nothing actually happened. So I'm not sure whether they just seem to lack support (because the performance woven material is so super soft) or whether there's actually a real danger for ankle sprains etc. Comfort-wise these are definitely playing in their own league!

Last edited:
if you're looking for a pair of xx9's...i highly recommend scouring the fb groups, cl or even the consignment shops for the pantone xx9's. yeah, they're white and got really dirty within the first 3 hours of play, but if you just want something to play in...this is a great ball shoe at an incredible value. i copped a pair for $120.

i instantly enjoyed the feel when i put them on (they are soft as butter! ive been playing in xx8's, and just recently tried out the lebron 12's...these take the cake imo). like 2swift4u 2swift4u said, i also didn't have any issues with the omission of heel zoom. i'm 205 pounds, and i didn't notice any significant pain coming down on my heel. the bridge on the sole really improves the playability of the flightplate system, and is evidenced by my foot arch not being as sore today as it typically is (actually...it's not sore at all today).

what i noticed about the lockdown was that the top lace holes need to be utilized in order for the lockdown to feel right. when i played my first game, i tried them factory laced (factory doesn't lace that last hole), and i was having some issues where the shoe felt loose/moving around on my ankle. once that top lace was in place, i laced 'em up tight and it fixed that issue for me.

i also thought getting my foot stepped on would be extremely painful in these, but i got stomped on by a dude who's about 250 and was fine. i have relatively strong ankles though, so ymmv in this area.

highly recommend these to ball in.

Last edited:
Hope this won't be the first XX9 that is hard to get, 'cause they are fire!

For real. I would like to try these on beforehand because I'm not sure of the sizing, but I'll be on vacation when these drop.

Never spent more than $193 for shoes and that was for the black infrared 6s at retail, but these look so damn good, they'll match a lot of my clothes, and I'm dying to see how the feel because they look so comfortable.

Also, does anyone know what the GS sizing goes up to in these? As well as the price?

Edit: looks like that don't come in GS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom