Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

just got on the xx9 train. i thought the lows needed break in time but they were good out the box. These and the revs will be the only zoom shoes i own.

My lows came in yesterday and went straight to the court. They aren't as comfy out the box for me like the TO XX9's but I think in time they will feel just as good. But these are the first lows I have played in since the OG 11 lows when I was in college and the support and lockdown felt a little bit better than the TO mids to me. I need more hours in them to really see the difference in the lows vs. mids, but they are still the best shoe I have ever played in.

My lows came in yesterday and went straight to the court. They aren't as comfy out the box for me like the TO XX9's but I think in time they will feel just as good. But these are the first lows I have played in since the OG 11 lows when I was in college and the support and lockdown felt a little bit better than the TO mids to me. I need more hours in them to really see the difference in the lows vs. mids, but they are still the best shoe I have ever played in.
I think the heel feels a little clunky on the low but thats the only con i could think of. The front zoom unit feels much more natural than the xx8. Cant imagine a better shoe for a slasher. Im glad Westbrook is the sig guy. The young D Wade in these
pimp.gif
 Will probably double up on the black cement low colorway. Best colorway of a bad lot imo. Recent favorite shoes have been the kobe 8, 9, CFD 1, JC3, and the revs. Durability of the lunarlon for the price is 
mean.gif
 I hope the xx9 heel cushion last longer.

Which colorway is the TO? and how much worse is the lockdown on the mid? I thought I might pick up the GOF. I like the ASG too but theyll get trashed asap

Last edited:
I think the heel feels a little clunky on the low but thats the only con i could think of. The front zoom unit feels much more natural than the xx8. Cant imagine a better shoe for a slasher. Im glad Westbrook is the sig guy. The young D Wade in these :pimp:  Will probably double up on the black cement low colorway. Best colorway of a bad lot imo. Recent favorite shoes have been the kobe 8, 9, CFD 1, JC3, and the revs. Durability of the lunarlon for the price is :smh:  I hope the xx9 heel cushion last longer.

Which colorway is the TO? and how much worse is the lockdown on the mid? I thought I might pick up the GOF. I like the ASG too but theyll get trashed asap

Yes the heel in the low does feel clunky but I think it will get better with time. My XX8's felt really good but when I got the XX9 it took me some time to go back to the XX8.

I hear a lot of talk about he other models you have, but I've only played in Jordan's my whole life.... almost. I did buy Kobes Adidas crazy 8 back in the 90's and also Shaq's first shoe... just for the pump :tongue:. and other Nikes in the 90's as well.

The lockdown just seems more secure for the lows for some weird reason. I think the weave is softer on the mids and that might be a reason and the heel counter is different as well.

This is the XX9 TO (Team Orange) and these are by far the best colorway IMO of the XX9.

View media item 2030757

Durability of the lunarlon for the price is 
mean.gif
 I hope the xx9 heel cushion last longer.
The forefoot is gonna die out before the heel.  At least that was my experience.  Got to about 65 games before they got all slappy.

Heel was still fine at that point.

Excellent insight. Interesting to break it down by "games"... Pick up, to 11? Haha.

I tried on the XX9 lows today to confirm my size, def regret passing the NDC deal.

NDC deal is still active..

However I didn't know Nike took things on and off clearance all Willy nilly. Had some Superfly mercurials in my cart that were on clearance and I was gonna use motion + 15% ebates to cop em today. Woke up this morning and they shot up to 200$ :smh:

Excellent insight. Interesting to break it down by "games"... Pick up, to 11? Haha.

I tried on the XX9 lows today to confirm my size, def regret passing the NDC deal.
Most to 13, some to 7/9/15 and timed games as well.

In all seriousness, I keep track of how many games I've played in all of my shoes on a word document and I would advise anyone who likes to have a big rotation to do the same.  Helps put things into perspective in terms of actual value.  CF Drives at $125 died out at 85 games compared to XX9's at $225 which went at 65, although the uppers looked completely fine.  I got the XX9's for around $130, so retail is insulting if you ask me.

Durability is probably the single most underrated factor in reviews nowadays for various reasons, especially when assessing value.

In all seriousness, I keep track of how many games I've played in all of my shoes on a word document and I would advise anyone who likes to have a big rotation to do the same.  Helps put things into perspective in terms of actual value.  CF Drives at $125 died out at 85 games compared to XX9's at $225 which went at 65, although the uppers looked completely fine.  I got the XX9's for around $130, so retail is insulting if you ask me.

Durability is probably the single most underrated factor in reviews nowadays for various reasons, especially when assessing value.
I'd be interested in seeing what you've experienced in terms of durability. I could never keep track of that though. Organization is my greatest weakness lol. I like chaos.

Agreed. i like to stock up on shoes that feel great but also will last. So many shoes feel good for the first couple wears but thats it. CL boost 2015 outsole, kobe 8 lunarlon, curry 1 anafoam upper, the entire kobe 5 shoe etc 
mean.gif
 The word document though 
laugh.gif
 Didnt see that coming. A good idea

What shoes are at the top of your list for durability?

Anyone know when the NDC and FNL 15% Ebates cashback ends?

Last edited:
^From the Nike email: Offer expires, and the code must be redeemed by, May 17, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST.  Don't know about ebates.  I may end up getting one or two more things.

Yeah sometimes I feel silly, but I find myself referring to that document quite often.  Whenever I play I count the games, which is something I was already doing anyways, and then add to the count.  I've only been doing it for the past 2 years or so, and I only do it for shoes I like enough to keep and really wear down.

So I can't definitively say what's more durable for every shoe out there.  Cushioning is almost always the first thing to go and it's rare that something will make a shoe unplayable for me before the cushioning goes.  What it does give me is an appreciation of value and the patience to wait for big discounts.  I don't like seeing shoes in that $150-200 range since chances are they won't last that long even though they cost much more.

The XX9 is easily my favorite performance Jordan and one of my all time favorites period.  At $225 they're insanely overpriced (big surprise), but a good value at around $100.

I'd be interested in seeing what you've experienced in terms of durability. I could never keep track of that though. Organization is my greatest weakness lol. I like chaos.
What's funny is I'm OCD organized about my stupid shoes, but not so much about everything else.

So I can't definitively say what's more durable for every shoe out there.  Cushioning is almost always the first thing to go and it's rare that something will make a shoe unplayable for me before the cushioning goes.  What it does give me is an appreciation of value and the patience to wait for big discounts.  I don't like seeing shoes in that $150-200 range since chances are they won't last that long even though they cost much more.

The XX9 is easily my favorite performance Jordan and one of my all time favorites period.  At $225 they're insanely overpriced (big surprise), but a good value at around $100.
perhaps the lack of foam in the xx9 makes the zoom unit less durable? id imagine the rose 6, JC2 & 3, and hyperrevs to be pretty durable though i havent played enough in them to know.

Last edited:
Last edited:
EMEB65N2 eastbay 20% off $99.

same deal for the xx9 lows on NDC with 15% ebates cashback unless they exclude all jordans, not just retros

Last edited:

EMEB65N2 eastbay 20% off $99.

same deal for the xx9 lows on NDC with 15% ebates cashback unless they exclude all jordans, not just retros
Infareds comes out to $127 shipped for me.

The Bulls or Carolina Blues come out to $135 shipped. Free shipping on them, but not discounted much. 

Today also last day for MOTION 20% off sale on NDC.

Got my XX9 Low pair from NDC yesterday and I would have to agree that they fit very snug at the toebox compared to the mids.  Something to consider if you're on the fence on sizing.

I like that though since the mids definitely stretched over time.  I could have gone .5 down in the mids I think, but not with the lows. 

Hopefully we start to see them in outlets since they don't seem to be selling out and the XXX's are out with the XXX1's coming.  XX9's are one of the GOAT in my book.

Damn!  I didn't need to see that.

I haven't played in mine yet, but I know I'll like them based on the mids.  Wouldn't mind stocking up on a great performer.  The UNC lows are my least favorite colorway but that price is better than the NDC clearance + ebates.

I hope the black/red goes on sale too, but I guess it's no surprise the UNC's dropped first.

edit:  Melo 11 dropped to $56 too.  Not a FSR, but a great deal.

Last edited:
Finishline deals on the XX9 lows and M11s are both great. Especially the M11s since I think they are just as good a performer as the XX9s.

Does FNL in-store matches prices online?

Stupid FNL system never lets me order online, always giving me an error since the beginning of time.

Back
Top Bottom