Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

We have seen a huge jumpman on a jordan before that one jordan before the stripper boots jordan aka the xx8

This years jordan design is flat out lazy and probably the worst of all time.

I mean for gods sake they didnt even give the jumpman two legs and two feet! :lol:

This is ofcourse my opinion dont come at me hostile :smile:

XX9 worst of all time, naww. This is the worst of all time. Close to the XV.
View media item 1182233IMO

Ehhh those ones with the side hole do look pretty generic :lol:

But i will not let you guys bad mouth the xx2 and xv. Any shoe model after fighter jets get a [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I like the gloryhole 2010s.
laugh.gif

Have the white/black/red pair and the all black pair.

Soar to new hights in the air jordan 2010. Inspired by one of mj's most loved recreational activities, the gloryhole, these shoes bring new meaning to taking it to the hole

Last edited:
XX9 worst of all time, naww. This is the worst of all time. Close to the XV.

IMO
the only real flaw of these imo was the window. The line ends at 21 for me. I love all 1-21 but 15 is my least favorite out of them. Still acceptable though. 22 and up are pretty much always a pass if they ever retro. although i'll say MJ was rocking the 22s in a youtube video I saw the other day and they looked better to me than they had in awhile. 23s were alright but I REALLY didn't like the AJ1 type stitching on those. It almost bothers me more than the window on these 2010s. How could you say these are worse than the 2012s???? Those were the most generic huarache nike team looking crap I've ever seen. they looked like a crappy random nike release with a jumpman thrown on them. Those look the least like a unique Jordan signature shoe by FAR.

Last edited:
The 2012 is a good looking shoe IMO. they also perform great on court not to mention the superb quality (2012 lite was trash tho). The 2010 I passed because I thought the window idea was terrible. The 2011 had great quality, but couldn't try them on in person so I passed on those as well, but they look great IMO when I saw my friends wearing them on court.

The XX9 I wasn't planning on buying them this early, but I went to niketown today and saw they had both CW and tried them both. Initially I like the orange jumpman, but on feet looking down they were a little blend. I end up picking up the Blk/red instead, they look a lot better than in the pictures for sure and man, the detail in the weave is surprising. The TPU cage for the midsole is really nice that mixed support while being flexible. They feel more springy when you bend them with your hands. No CF I think will allow more natural flex when you move around.

Initial thoughts on fit;

the lockdown is awesome, the shoes are really comfortable even more so than the Future or the Kobe 9 Elite. I would say they feel more like my flyknit lunar 1 in terms of feel on the upper. You can actually feel each (whatever they call it) loop lock down on your foot when you pull the laces, something I have never felt in any of the shoes they used flywire for lockdown including the xx8. These do fit true to size where the xx8 feels looser around the toes. The only thing that somewhat worries me regarding fit is the mid-foot on lateral side I felt a little pinch like the xx8 SE (where I had to cut away part of my insole) where the xx8 was perfect.

The heel feels similar to the xx8 even without the zoom when I did a few heavy heel strike trying it on, The xx8 with heel zoom i couldnt really tell they were there anyway, but we will see how they play on court when i try these. The forefoot zoom definitely not as pronounced as the xx8.

Last edited:
Played in these for the first time last night and was really impressed.

They were initially tighter than my regular UK8.5 in Jordans, but soon loosened up after 15-30 minutes of play. The cushioning set up is more firm than the XX8's which was personally something I preferred as I found those almost too cushioned.

The woven upper is extremely comfortable and moves well with your foot whilst still providing great lock down, on the floor I played on (average indoor court with some dust) traction was excellent and not once did I slide.

Overall these are one of the best kicks I've played in this year, and I'm in the minority in been a massive fan of the way the Gym Reds look too!

I like the gloryhole 2010s.
laugh.gif

Have the white/black/red pair and the all black pair.
I second that 2010 was great especially at the outlet price of $50 I copped back in the day, a lot more going for it that the 29. I still believe the independent toe box was one of the greatest inventions by JB in the last 10 years probably, not to mention the real materials, full length zoom and  how much nicer and luxurious the box is compared to this generic lid box the 29 has. 

I second that 2010 was great especially at the outlet price of $50 I copped back in the day, a lot more going for it that the 29. I still believe the independent toe box was one of the greatest inventions by JB in the last 10 years probably, not to mention the real materials, full length zoom and  how much nicer and luxurious the box is compared to this generic lid box the 29 has. 

Agreed. I have 3 pair and these are one of the best performance b-ball shoes that have come out in the past decade IMO. The independent toe box is awesome and helps maintain the integrity of the leather at the toe. The materials were high quality and the cushioning was soft and responsive w/ that full length zoom. I even like the cut of them: higher on the medial side and lower on the lateral side (reminds me of the XIV). I personally enjoy the design as well but can see where the hole could cause a divide.

Y'all are making me want to track down a pair of 2010s 
laugh.gif
 Always been curious about the 2010 Team model too

Last edited:
I'm not going to let you guys bad mouth some of these Jordan's

These are dope to me. The wofl grey were dope too, nice outlet purchase. They just fit snug.

View media item 1182581
and I have multiple pairs of these, including two of the black..great $49.99

View media item 1182582
Pulled out my YOTD to wear Friday, but went with my University Blue and Grey 13s instead.
49.99??? Can't believe I missed that price :smh:
It's four years later and I'm pissed for missing them at that price.

Yeah J's use to end up at the outlet all the time, I copped a lot for around that price. 

Are there any niketowns that still have the team orange? Looking to make a phone order, already tried ntsf and ntla, no dice

Are there any niketowns that still have the team orange? Looking to make a phone order, already tried ntsf and ntla, no dice
Give the Nike Store Mall of America -- Bloomington, MN a try.  Can't promise anything, but when I walked in the morning of release, there were zero cats interested in the XX9.  Good luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom