Official Air Max 97 Thread

Happy Air Max Day Eve

BA445BE9-7040-4EC6-807C-86B687B67BC4.jpeg

Sure, I can. The right page is about the truth behind 2nd colorway (blue x silver) while the left page is discussing about the true value of ‘98 Max which happens to be the full length max air. Which paragraph (left or right) needs to be in English? Both??
Ah I was thinking that they might explain the story behind the colorway on the left (the blue x black neon pair)

Ok…, will try to give out the detail, but expect that it’s gonna be looong one since…., I’m not a professional translator tho.

Anyway, the left page’s pair is the official 2nd colorway in mens that’ll be released for HO97 while the one on the right was supposed to be dropped (didn’t release) after it was once shown on the catalog of HO97 as the 2nd colorway for this model. I think the left page’s pair is the same shoes that’s shown on the 2nd left on the top of the left page. Article says from the left, it’s the 2nd colorway for womens, 2nd for mens, 1st for women & the 1st for mens and it also mentions at the timing this article was published, 5 colorways in total were confirmed. 2 from FA97 (including Silver Bullet), another 2 from HO97 (including this Blue/Black/Neon) and there’s another colorway which won’t be released here in JP. Not clearly sure which is the 5th one and don’t get why they don’t indicate that 5th colorway considering that all the pix shown on those pages were taken after they borrowed all of them from the parallel importing stores (shop names were shown w/ () on these pages), not from Nike-JP tho.

However, the magazine had found out these supposed to be scrapped colorway (one on the right page) on the market somehow and further confusing thing was…, the tag inside indicated that these weren’t samples somehow (was legit product tag). So, the article was guessing that they were probably made before Nike decided not to release this specific colorway, but some somehow made way to the market… And if what they think turned out to be correct, the one on the right page could be super rare. That was why they are showing the little differences they can notice (other than the black portion) between those 2 such as colors of the line that defines the different PSIs used for the air bag used on the Outsole (blue vs neon), colors used inside the Air Unit (Gradation of Blue & Silver vs Neon) and/or colors used on the heel ring (Grey w/ Neon letters vs Black w/ Neon AM).

So, technically, it wasn’t really revealing something. It was just their speculation. And the other thing I’ve noticed was…, they were calling these as Air Max 98 probably because none of them were released during 1997…

Last edited:
Ok…, will try to give out the detail, but expect that it’s gonna be looong one since…., I’m not a professional translator tho.

Anyway, the left page’s pair is the official 2nd colorway in mens that’ll be released for HO97 while the one on the right was supposed to be dropped (didn’t release) after it was once shown on the catalog of HO97 as the 2nd colorway for this model. I think the left page’s pair is the same shoes that’s shown on the 2nd left on the top of the left page. Article says from the left, it’s the 2nd colorway for womens, 2nd for mens, 1st for women & the 1st for mens and it also mentions at the timing this article was published, 5 colorways in total were confirmed. 2 from FA97 (including Silver Bullet), another 2 from HO97 (including this Blue/Black/Neon) and there’s another colorway which won’t be released here in JP. Not clearly sure which is the 5th one and don’t get why they don’t indicate that 5th colorway considering that all the pix shown on those pages were taken after they borrowed all of them from the parallel importing stores (shop names were shown w/ () on these pages), not from Nike-JP tho.

However, the magazine had found out these supposed to be scrapped colorway (one on the right page) on the market somehow and further confusing thing was…, the tag inside indicated that these weren’t samples somehow (was legit product tag). So, the article was guessing that they were probably made before Nike decided not to release this specific colorway, but some somehow made way to the market… And if what they think turned out to be correct, the one on the right page could be super rare. That was why they are showing the little differences they can notice (other than the black portion) between those 2 such as colors of the line that defines the different PSIs used for the air bag used on the Outsole (blue vs neon), colors used inside the Air Unit (Gradation of Blue & Silver vs Neon) and/or colors used on the heel ring (Grey w/ Neon letters vs Black w/ Neon AM).

So, technically, it wasn’t really revealing something. It was just their speculation. And the other thing I’ve noticed was…, they were calling these as Air Max 98 probably because none of them were released during 1997…
You're the man! Thanks so much

^ My pleasure and hope it makes sense. You have actually helped me wasting time while on the train tho. (I ride train every weekday for approx hour to get to where I work.)

Back
Top Bottom