Official Air Max 97 Thread

Tried these on at FTL and confirmed these still run weird. Glad I ordered both 11 and 11.5 from NDC. Returned my FTL pair and sending back that 11. Ill wait till I get them in hand but kind of digging the 22 OG over the 17 OG right now.

I think we wear the same size so unless u got super skinny feet u gon need 11.5, but that's also factoring in my force fields.

Never had 97s. I see a lot of people saying .5 up. I would need a 12.5 but don’t see them anywhere. Would a full size up be too much? Anyone do that? That would be the same size as huaraches for me.

i think you got a pair with a very bad shaped toebox because they are not suppose to look like that, at all the other SB comparison pics that are posted in here you can clearly see that the 22 release got a more slimmed down toebox compared to the 17 release

Something about these is off. The iron shiek curled up toe is crazy. Overall shape does seem bulkier than my 2017s were. Also, these are definitely hella uncomfortable. I already knew to at least ½ size up bc I quickly got rid of my '17s for being unbearable

20221119_151347.jpg

Me you both.

Just got mines in and quite beans and frankly...

Naw pham, these aren't going to work for me.

When i got home last night, i knew something was strange in the neighborhood/these shoes.

Bad stitching and glue/jizz stains a plenty, i can deal with...

But it seams like their poking fun of my cankles and wanted to address it with a larger/gaping collar opening area.

As a substitute for comparison purposes, a DS 2018 premium silver bulletsteins (that eventually went on sale on NDC):

IMG_9880.jpg
IMG_9883.jpg

The shape is horrendous (more wonky than willie).

Feel like i'm talking to the plant, but look: I know i'm BBW status... just don't shove it in my face like Thursdays sammich.

Back to NDC they go, especially for $203 and some change... expected more.

owl-turning-head.gif

All that said, I'm still happy to have a fresh pair I can wear.

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE No my friend, you’re tripping. I got my FNL pair today. Same thing. And look at those pics I quoted here, and loads of other pics in this thread. As charmcitykid charmcitykid said, I’m glad to have a fresh pair, but this version is not good. Returning my FNL pair tomorrow. They jacked these up.

I think we wear the same size so unless u got super skinny feet u gon need 11.5, but that's also factoring in my force fields.

IDK.. I've seen you do a lot of 10.5's in stuff I either don't do or can get away with but choose an 11 for :lol: 10.5 is my true size but I don't do force fields or anything and don't like tight kicks so I mostly do an 11.

These SB's are diff.. 11.5 like my Foamposites lol. I had to get an 11.5 in the 2017 pair.. Golds that came out a month later were miraculously fine in an 11.

IDK.. I've seen you do a lot of 10.5's in stuff I either don't do or can get away with but choose an 11 for :lol: 10.5 is my true size but I don't do force fields or anything and don't like tight kicks so I mostly do an 11.

These SB's are diff.. 11.5 like my Foamposites lol. I had to get an 11.5 in the 2017 pair.. Golds that came out a month later were miraculously fine in an 11.
That’s how I felt with the ‘17 Golds. Those fit perfect while the ‘17 SBs were snug.

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE No my friend, you’re tripping. I got my FNL pair today. Same thing. And look at those pics I quoted here, and loads of other pics in this thread. As charmcitykid charmcitykid said, I’m glad to have a fresh pair, but this version is not good. Returning my FNL pair tomorrow. They jacked these up.
Quoting myself a day later. After looking more today at my pairs and knowing they aren’t anywhere near an amazing retro but also not anywhere near a trash retro, I decided to just keep both. Who knows how long till they come back and what the next version will be like. Either way, I know how quickly I tend to burn through these (relatively speaking) so I’m just going to enjoy having fresh pairs and not even sweat the small details I don’t love on this version. Only super dweebs like me would even know, anyway :rofl:

Maaaaan! WTH is going on with Nike shipping?!?!?!??

I ordered on 11/11 and I’m just getting these things tomorrow….
A373217D-71DD-4161-96D8-4AB855454F2A.jpeg

I’m also having issues with the 11 Cherries… I was able to cop during the shock drop (11/15) and it’s been under “Preparing for shipment” ever since…. I finally chatted with someone and they said the ETA is 11/28… that’s 3 weeks to deliver a freaking shoe! Weeeeeaaaaaak!!!!!!

These (silver bullets) are my 1st ever pair of 97's.. Is it only me or do these have no grip at all?? I've put them on for a short walk yesterday and i felt like i was slipping tiny bit with each step ..

Maaaaan! WTH is going on with Nike shipping?!?!?!??

I ordered on 11/11 and I’m just getting these things tomorrow….
A373217D-71DD-4161-96D8-4AB855454F2A.jpeg

I’m also having issues with the 11 Cherries… I was able to cop during the shock drop (11/15) and it’s been under “Preparing for shipment” ever since…. I finally chatted with someone and they said the ETA is 11/28… that’s 3 weeks to deliver a freaking shoe! Weeeeeaaaaaak!!!!!!
I'm on the same boat, brother. My order was delayed and originally had a Friday delivery.

Can't wait to have these in hand.

Back
Top Bottom