Official Air Max 97 Thread

I really need to wear the single pair of 97s I have so I can decide if I even want to invest in any more pairs or just unfollow this thread. Kinda wild a shoe designed to be comfortable... no longer is.

I need another size 10. Been wearing them non stop since I got them.Literally unboxed them Friday and been on feet everyday since.

Also forgot how much the sock liners on these things were lint magnets.

Finally! And the verdict is, they fit TTS for me. So happy to own a pair again.
00214F7D-F2B2-4168-8CEA-D2238817EAC5.jpeg

I really need to wear the single pair of 97s I have so I can decide if I even want to invest in any more pairs or just unfollow this thread. Kinda wild a shoe designed to be comfortable... no longer is.

AM97s aren’t the most uncomfortable sneakers. I have a lot more shoes that are more comfortable. However, I wouldn’t mind wearing them all day. I’ve never really had issues. I love their aesthetics so much that I think I have around 24 AM97s.

AMDs ⚡🔴 (2017 upper) (by GOVRN) for work today
4CFEC46B-C589-4D23-B055-C3ED505C5697.jpeg

Wore them today to run morning errands and drop lunch off for my wife. Comfort is what it is. But my feet don't hurt and the fit is great. Bring on the golds!
They are retroing the golds again? That’s so soon lol F it! Feed us!!!!

I actually want those bronze-yellow-goldish looking ones that somebody posted a few pages back. Not sure when those release, but they’re just like the golds, only a bit more bronze-gold.

Edit, these;
4D117907-38F7-40EE-925B-0B0677DD3F74.jpeg

Snkrs pair finally came in!

198FBC11-0963-4FE0-BF95-2A4164516BBA.jpeg
Nice my man. Pairs look good.
This release has troubled me 🤣
I ALWAYS buy these. From ‘97 to 2001 or whatever it was (it’s been so long, I don’t remember the precise year of that early retro) to the History of Air version to 2017 to now. I might be forgetting another one in there.
Frankly they should just be better. Like how they did the AM III Infrareds. I ordered a third pair from FTL just to see if I could get a super money pair.
But … nope. Glue globs, crookedly attached soles, and a big scuff on the silver upper. Returned them in person tonight and am gonna stick to the two OK pairs I have. Sadly, it’s an average but very underwhelming retro. Nike REALLY should’ve given these some love, but it’s the same old shee-ite. Bums me out :smh:

Last edited:
still available at the patta website

Nice my man. Pairs look good.
This release has troubled me 🤣
I ALWAYS buy these. From ‘97 to 2001 or whatever it was (it’s been so long, I don’t remember the precise year of that early retro) to the History of Air version to 2017 to now. I might be forgetting another one in there.
Frankly they should just be better. Like how they did the AM III Infrareds. I ordered a third pair from FTL just to see if I could get a super money pair.
But … nope. Glue globs, crookedly attached soles, and a big scuff on the silver upper. Returned them in person tonight and am gonna stick to the two OK pairs I have. Sadly, it’s an average but very underwhelming retro. Nike REALLY should’ve given these some love, but it’s the same old shee-ite. Bums me out :smh:
I agree with you on the QC…. My SNS pair is kind of disgusting compared to my Snkrs pair… the air bubble is scratched up on the rear of the shoe on one pair… the stitching is inconsistent… some glue stains on the mesh… just to name a few… I mean the price has gotten higher so we should think that the quality should be better but nope! The the higher the price and the quality is getting worse… sad to say that the same goes for Jordan’s!

Havent bought an AM97 in too long, but for 50% off, I may grab this pair "TODAYSPRICE"

I agree with you on the QC…. My SNS pair is kind of disgusting compared to my Snkrs pair… the air bubble is scratched up on the rear of the shoe on one pair… the stitching is inconsistent… some glue stains on the mesh… just to name a few… I mean the price has gotten higher so we should think that the quality should be better but nope! The the higher the price and the quality is getting worse… sad to say that the same goes for Jordan’s!
The thing that really gets me is, they could've literally just stuck with the 2017 version and simply changed the side panel-stitch and back tabs to match the OG. Other than the standard lack of serious comfort underfoot, I had no complaints with the 2016/17 retro. Instead, they went and changed the shape and proportions here and actually made them worse this time around.

Anyone need an 11? Got a pair with a little NDC code so would only be 160 plus shipping. Let me know before I send em back..

Back
Top Bottom