Official Air Max 97 Thread

Discounted and free shipping

Copped last night for 200.. missed this.. :angry: :smh:

NDC pair :smile:

763FBC97-3C4E-42E9-9882-8808235CAD09.jpeg

Shape has been damn near the same since 2010. Your just seeing a pair with shoe inserts that distorts the shape.
Not true at all. I'm looking right at my 2017s next to the new ones (paper removed and shoes worn around the house), and the toes are noticeably different. There's more silver material used and they don't have the same slant. The new toes are clearly bulkier. It's not a huge deal and it's not like I'm going to return my pairs LOL. SBs are one of my must-always-have shoes. Just being honest, I think the older pair definitely looks better in this regard. But hey, oh well.

Last edited:

Discounted and free shipping
Took advantage; thank you!

Not true at all. I'm looking right at my 2017s next to the news ones (paper removed and shoes worn around the house), and the toes are noticeably different. There's more silver material used and they don't have the same slant. The new toes are clearly bulkier. It's not a huge deal and it's not like I'm going to return my pairs LOL. SBs are one of my must-always-have shoes. Just being honest, I think the older pair definitely looks better in this regard. But hey, oh well.

Yeah it's definitely differences between the '17 and '22.

Personally the '22 felt slightly more comfortable than my '17 pair from the try on this morning. Granted I had them on for a minute tops. Will see how they feel after a full day wearing them.

Pair from Hibbett just delivered today, still no shipping on pair from Creme321. Wish I looked at reviews before I placed the order from there, seems like they take forever to ship or sometimes don’t ship at all.
I ordered something from Crème 321 also and I haven’t gotten any shipping info, it’s been about 5 days… SMH..
I got my pair from Private yesterday, not bad from Cali to Florida

I ordered something from Crème 321 also and I haven’t gotten any shipping info, it’s been about 5 days… SMH..
I got my pair from Private yesterday, not bad from Cali to Florida
Yea it’s been just under a week for me. I doubt they hurry up with shipping next week since it’s thanksgiving week so we’ll see 😂

how long it take hobbits to ship?
I ordered Tuesday night, they shipped the following day, I received it today. I live in Northern VA which isn’t far from Kentucky where they shipped from.

they for sure slimmed down the toebox on the 2022 release
What? Sorry man, it’s exactly the opposite. My pic with my 2017 in the middle. Look at how much more silver toe material there is on this new pair. And it has some of the upturned elf/spring toe going on. These actually kinda suck (relatively speaking) compared to previous versions and even some very recent versions of 97s in various colorways.
9713E1DD-123B-48D1-A66A-721AAEBFCFA8.jpeg

Last edited:
What? Sorry man, it’s exactly the opposite. My pic with my 2017 in the middle. Look at how much more silver toe material there is on this new pair.
i think you got a pair with a very bad shaped toebox because they are not suppose to look like that, at all the other SB comparison pics that are posted in here you can clearly see that the 22 release got a more slimmed down toebox compared to the 17 release

i wear a sz 8.5 in all air maxes and basically most shoes but had to return my 8.5 for a sz 9 since 8.5 was unbearable ! too tight ! even with skinny socks. I received a sz 9 from Hibbert but toe area had a lot of dents / dimples defects so i ordered a second sz 9 and hopefully i get a clean pair but besides that sz 9 fitted great , these are def 0.5 sz up !

Something about these is off. The iron shiek curled up toe is crazy. Overall shape does seem bulkier than my 2017s were. Also, these are definitely hella uncomfortable. I already knew to at least ½ size up bc I quickly got rid of my '17s for being unbearable

20221119_151347.jpg

Last edited:
Something about these is off. The iron shiek curled up toe is crazy. Overall shape does seem bulkier than my 2017s were. Also, these are definitely hella uncomfortable. I already knew to at least ½ size up bc I quickly got rid of my '17s for being unbearable

20221119_151347.jpg

Me you both.

Just got mines in and quite beans and frankly...

Naw pham, these aren't going to work for me.

When i got home last night, i knew something was strange in the neighborhood/these shoes.

Bad stitching and glue/jizz stains a plenty, i can deal with...

But it seams like their poking fun of my cankles and wanted to address it with a larger/gaping collar opening area.

As a substitute for comparison purposes, a DS 2018 premium silver bulletsteins (that eventually went on sale on NDC):

IMG_9880.jpg
IMG_9883.jpg

The shape is horrendous (more wonky than willie).

Feel like i'm talking to the plant, but look: I know i'm BBW status... just don't shove it in my face like Thursdays sammich.

Back to NDC they go, especially for $203 and some change... expected more.

owl-turning-head.gif

Back
Top Bottom