Official Air Max 97 Thread

Been hearing a tonne of rumours that Nike will stop making 97s after this year and they're only being made in loads of colourways for the 20th anniversary similar to the 96s, which have stopped being produced after 2016.

Anyone know if there's any truth to this? A few sneaker pages on Twitter and Instagram keep mentioning so

They will be back eventually. Nike wants to make money.

Cobblestones came but they sent me an 11.5 instead of 11, and they're sold out...If anyone needs an 11.5 for retail, LMK

Last edited:
Lol Nike always does that, didn't they put the Jordan 3 in the "vault" and re-release them 2-3 years later?

You sure? Ive heard the same thing. And from good sources too!

If this were really it, they would be marketing the **** out of these releases "get your 97s now, because they are never coming back"

Nike realizes they can make a ton of money on their retro air maxes. They even have a day for it each year.... why would they ever not release 97s again. It does not make any sense whatsoever.

IMG_2675.jpg

Been hearing a tonne of rumours that Nike will stop making 97s after this year and they're only being made in loads of colourways for the 20th anniversary similar to the 96s, which have stopped being produced after 2016.

Anyone know if there's any truth to this? A few sneaker pages on Twitter and Instagram keep mentioning so

Says unverified under your screen name so Idk :nerd:

Just tried on ultras today at my local FL.

Must say. They are really great in person.

So I'm pretty picky about sizing and in ultras I can go .5 and even a full size down from my OG97 size. I'm a true 9.5 in all AirMax, in 97s I'm a 10. Hope that helps at all with anyone wondering about sizing.

Also, I don't think Nike will ever stop retroing their "classic" runners. Would be a complete and utter waste.

Is there any official (new) intel on the triple black 97s?

From all the questiins about them on this thread looks like no. The photos I've seen from them online showed an OG build. Then all of a sudden FNL has triple blacks but as ab ultra build on the Aug. 5 release date. They aren't even on NDC or snkrs which is the bizarre part.

Also the midnight navy ultras popped up on ndc but not on snkrs if anyone is looking for those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom