Official Air Max 97 Thread

Remember that I'm totally guessing. It just seems as though they're limiting quantities on releases these days on these kind of "special" shoes. The fact that the Plus and Tune Up sold out at launch surprised me, and these Triple Black are an anniversary edition. For me the real question is whether I have the extra 3 seconds to select my partial gift card to use, or if I need to process immediately and skip that step.

Reactions: PJS
Remember that I'm totally guessing. It just seems as though they're limiting quantities on releases these days on these kind of "special" shoes. The fact that the Plus and Tune Up sold out at launch surprised me, and these Triple Black are an anniversary edition. For me the real question is whether I have the extra 3 seconds to select my partial gift card to use, or if I need to process immediately and skip that step.

I guess that makes sense. Appreciate the info. I would process immediately and call customer service afterwards to see if you can add your gift card.

Yeah, I tried that with the black undefeated. Unfortunately, with PayPal they have only 24hrs to process the adjustment, and it's a manual process where they forward the request to a diff dept. They didn't get it done in time. I could use a credit card, however, I've had more luck with PayPal these days with SNKRS not throwing processing errors. I would have thought a direct credit card transaction would have been faster and more reliable, however, that hasn't been my experience recently. There's only $36 on the gift card, so it's not a big deal.

Problem is that there's not a lot of GRs that I'm interested in these days. Just waiting for the BC4 and BC3, and FR4, and I'm pretty much done unless there's something super special that pops up. Too bad JB announced they're going to start limiting Jordans again to revive the brand value. Just when the BC3 and BC4 are imminent....crap! Hopefully that's just with the newer colorways that are sitting. Shoes like the Space Jam 11 sold out on each restock regardless of quantity. The TB3 really is an outlier as people started getting used to super massive GRs, and the quality really wasn't there, and that colorway just isn't as popular. I bet the BC3 and 4 would sell out no matter how many they produce, and no matter the quality. Anyway, I digress; this is the 97 thread! What happens with these anniversary Triple Blacks is really anyone's guess. I'm betting on more limited than not.

413662888.jpg

OW x 97 Pickup

What are the odds the black gold pair sits and goes on sale?

Doubt they sit. I don't think they're gonna be "limited" but the Japans weren't really limited either and they sold out pretty quickly. I'd say cop if you have the cash bc they're def not going on sale.

1D41EFF9-E1A1-4976-BDA9-F4A92C45C0E3.jpeg

Just wanted to wish everyone an early safe and happy thanksgiving. This by far was my best cop of the year. With that being said, this would probably be my last post in here. Just wanted to thank everyone in this group for being super chill. More importantly helping each other out. This is what I miss most from the sneaker communities. Be easy fellas.

What are the odds the black gold pair sits and goes on sale?

Pairs have been sitting on eBay below retail now for a couple of weeks (142.99 shipped - just checked and there's still a size 10 sitting). I'd be very willing to bet that you'll find the black/gold pair cheaper than retail with a coupon code for at least a couple of weeks post release. They're releasing this color-way on several silhouettes and with all of the other more limited and special releases this time of year, I'd be shocked if these sell out very quickly everywhere.

Those AM 97 Plus Are Shinin..

Attachments

• 05901D80-7A2B-413C-AC5C-397071368AAB.jpeg
    05901D80-7A2B-413C-AC5C-397071368AAB.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 87
  • C6CB7B6E-C291-408D-AFD4-3E0C7A4DA03A.jpeg
    C6CB7B6E-C291-408D-AFD4-3E0C7A4DA03A.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 84
Pairs have been sitting on eBay below retail now for a couple of weeks (142.99 shipped - just checked and there's still a size 10 sitting). I'd be very willing to bet that you'll find the black/gold pair cheaper than retail with a coupon code for at least a couple of weeks post release. They're releasing this color-way on several silhouettes and with all of the other more limited and special releases this time of year, I'd be shocked if these sell out very quickly everywhere.

If that’s the case, it’d be nice.

Can you post links of the multiple sitting pairs on eBay? There's 2 pairs on eBay, one is size 10 and other is size 11. Only one available of each and yes the price is below retail at $144 but it's not like there's 500 listings. Don't think they'll fly off shelves immediately but don't think they'll sit long. Even if they don't sell out the first few hours, if people strike out on other pairs of shoes that day they'll jump on the 97

Back
Top Bottom