Official Air Max 97 Thread

hey guys. deciding to cop SW 1/97 before release date. any idea how much theyre going atm? 500? or will it go significantly lower than that? thanks!

hey guys. deciding to cop SW 1/97 before release date. any idea how much theyre going atm? 500? or will it go significantly lower than that? thanks!
Why not just wait and take your chances? There will be a ton available if you don’t end up with a Pair at retail. Most guys will try and get and flip them right away to make a quick buck. I’d guess 500 will get you a pair easily right after release. Just my opinion.

Pretty limited. For reference, I know the folks at a boutique chain that has 15 stores. They got 1,400 airs of SW's.

They only got 300 AM1 Animals.

That comes out to like 93 pairs per store. Still very good. I’m sure everyone was expecting like maybe 20-30 pairs a store.

The problem with the SW 97 isn’t the quantity so much as it’s the hype. It’s tougher to cop a pair of shoes with 2 million pairs and a ton of hype than a shoe with 500,000 pairs that most people don’t care for.

I remember during the Off White raffles on SNKRS there were so many people I knew who know 0 about sneakers who told me they were on SNKRS trying to cop. I feel like this will be similar.

This is what I have been saying, everyone wants these things, I think the numbers are actually quite high but with the amount of doubling/tripling up it’s going to be tricky to get if your a regular joe like myself

The problem with the SW 97 isn’t the quantity so much as it’s the hype. It’s tougher to cop a pair of shoes with 2 million pairs and a ton of hype than a shoe with 500,000 pairs that most people don’t care for.

I remember during the Off White raffles on SNKRS there were so many people I knew who know 0 about sneakers who told me they were on SNKRS trying to cop. I feel like this will be similar.

IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG

Love the Neon/Volt or similar color part, with a all Anthracite or Black shoe it would have been nice...

I am very curious to know how Nike choses colorways these days :rofl:

They know they could sell anything so they do regardless of any taste, but that's just my opinion...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom