Official Air Max 97 Thread

Lol yeah i thought that as well when i saw em go for $400 tbh and now i kinda regret not getting em now that theyre going up. I guess I just have to let them go and move on to other shoes.

It's all subjective...

I paid resale for a pair, but in turn I just turned a blind eye to other releases that I normally would have copped. Katrina 3s--I don't particularly care for red and think they look kinda childish, Gold AM97...they're OG but they're really kind of ugly on-feet, and Jordan XI CnG are WAYYY overpriced and I like my Gammas more. So $190+170+250+ tax is almost $660...more than $100 more than what I paid for my SWs.

I’m still fascinated the fact that AM97 has the biggest air pad among all the retros, 1, 90, 95, Plus, but the air pad is stiff as hell.

Can’t they use the same material on recent 95s releases on 97s?

It's all subjective...

I paid resale for a pair, but in turn I just turned a blind eye to other releases that I normally would have copped. Katrina 3s--I don't particularly care for red and think they look kinda childish, Gold AM97...they're OG but they're really kind of ugly on-feet, and Jordan XI CnG are WAYYY overpriced and I like my Gammas more. So $190+170+250+ tax is almost $660...more than $100 more than what I paid for my SWs.

This actually shows how subjective it is because I would def grab the Katrinas, Gold AM 97, and something else (possibly two or three more pickups) before I drop $600 on a pair of SWs. They are nice on feet but i like options personally. I also struggle with paying quadruple over retail, I just cant do it. You could literally buy two pairs of 97's and two pairs of AM1's with that.

Last edited:
It's all subjective...

This actually shows how subjective it is because I would def grab the Katrinas, Gold AM 97, and something else (possibly two or three more pickups) before I drop $600 on a pair of SWs. They are nice on feet but i like options personally. I also struggle with paying quadruple over retail, I just cant do it. You could literally buy two pairs of 97's and two pairs of AM1's with that.

I used to buy many more sneakers than I do now. I realized I just couldn’t wear them all enough to have that many pairs and enjoy them. I’d never spend $400 let alone $600 or more on any sneaker, it was retail or bust. But I also had multiples of a lot of shoes. About a year or so back I started selling off my double up and triple up pairs and started just buying what I absolutely liked, passing on GRs that looked similar to what I already had, rereleases, etc. I’m personally getting more enjoyment out of what I wear and what I’m collecting. The SW is the most I spent on a sneaker ever, but well worth it for me. When I did quick math, just profit I made on a few pairs easily covered the full price tag of the SWs.

It’s really all individual preference because if you’re buying releases regularly you have the money to buy the SWs

C'mon.
You got a W. If you are gonna start whining with that buyer's remorse then why put yourself up for the raffle & further denying another of the chance? #SMH

I’m holding on to a third pair of golds in hopes that I can sell them to help fund my pair of SW.

in a yrs time you could maybe make an extra 70$ off a pair of metallic golds.

long way off from what it’ll take to fund neckbeards

Anyone in the New York City area I was just out in Macy's in Herald Square on Monday and they had Gold 97's on display. I didn't ask for sizes because I had already purchased a pair online but if this info helps anyone who may have missed out then go for it.

I used to buy many more sneakers than I do now. I realized I just couldn’t wear them all enough to have that many pairs and enjoy them. I’d never spend $400 let alone $600 or more on any sneaker, it was retail or bust. But I also had multiples of a lot of shoes. About a year or so back I started selling off my double up and triple up pairs and started just buying what I absolutely liked, passing on GRs that looked similar to what I already had, rereleases, etc. I’m personally getting more enjoyment out of what I wear and what I’m collecting. The SW is the most I spent on a sneaker ever, but well worth it for me. When I did quick math, just profit I made on a few pairs easily covered the full price tag of the SWs.

It’s really all individual preference because if you’re buying releases regularly you have the money to buy the SWs
If youre going to wear sneakers might as well make them count. lol

Now that a sz 14 is 110 short of 1000 dollars after 2 months its getting harder to ever un-ds them but at the same time i know how potentially ridiculously stuntworthy wearing them around would be at this point which makes me want to break them out for the laughs alone.

1322C066-A125-42C3-B5F2-379BEDA0B4ED.jpeg

Ever seen a $600 chew toy?

Not mine, some poor soul on reddit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom