OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

@johngotty wallyhopp wallyhopp
here’s the stock allocation for premier from yesterday....
C0826D9F-3A50-4975-9DF3-E3B2D4EFB88A.jpeg
as you can see they had a decent amount

All that amount and I couldn't get ONE pair 1 minute into release. I've had an account with them since before 2017 at least. First and only thing I copped from them was black Ray Guns.. this place is starting to feel like the SNKRS app for me. I had to pay the SX tax.

I recant my statement lol. I gotta go back and read it but I thought I saw a few guys hitting on there but yeah definitely not “everyone” so my apologies lol. Trust me I know the feels. I’ve been taking retail Ls all year. I will say I’ve done well with SB orange label releases mostly because they’re somewhat fair.

This was my point/question. What wider release? But not being an SB guy, today was the first time I even heard of Orange Label in 30 years of being a Nike/sneaker guy.
I already paid resale on SX this morning. Want another pair. Trying to decide if I should just jump on another pair on resale if I’m OK with the price (let’s say in the $165 or less range), or is there some reason to reasonably think some short-term patience will see these drop in more places for retail?
Of course, the Nike cynic in me wonders if this release is just a precursor to a “regular” straight retro of this shoe in the next year.
I picked up for 180 after fees on SX. I really wanted to double up on this since my 2012 pair had been beat up. But I can't get myself to pay resale twice. I'm hoping they do a retro of these or hype dies down to find a slightly used or new neat retail price.

I picked up for 180 after fees on SX. I really wanted to double up on this since my 2012 pair had been beat up. But I can't get myself to pay resale twice. I'm hoping they do a retro of these or hype dies down to find a slightly used or new neat retail price.
I hear you but I don’t really care about paying resale twice. It’s more that on SX, for example, a buying price of $165 is like $200 after CA tax plus shipping and fees. That’s probably about as high as I’m willing to go, at least right now. But the idea of paying resale doesn’t bother me; all of these Nike prices are arbitrary, anyway. Thankfully these were so cheap at retail that a sizable resale markup still isn’t automatically super crazy.
This is one of the best Nikes of all time. It’s an icon. If I’m willing to pay $220 MSRP for (kind of crap) retro Jordans, I’m not gonna have a problem paying something like that for another pair of these if it’s the only choice.

god lucky locally after reservations weren't being picked up smh. anyone gonna do black laces? 🤔

^^ Yep, I hate having to pay more than MSRP, but at this point $200 is light work for a classic model/colorway. I buy worse shoes for more, sad to say. :lol:
:lol: Exactly. $200 or so for these is easy to feel OK with when I see what we get from a lot of other releases in terms of quality compared to pricing. Like I said, it’s all arbitrary based on hype. If Nike thought it could sell loads of pairs at $250 MSRP, it would.

People are dropping 300-400 for ordinary dunks. 200 seems like a good deal for a nice quality retro these days. That’s just me rationalizing my purchase.

I shoulda doubled up through premier. Seems like everyone ate on there.
Vaguely on their page they said one pair per order/account. I guess you could've tried a siblings or friends paypal. One definitely had time to get a second order on in the smaller or larger sizes for sure. I didn't want to chance it and have both orders cancelled.

frankwh1te frankwh1te thanks for the breakdown. Suspicions were right. Glad I didn't try and fight for a 12.5. Knowing my luck I would've missed both. So I played it safe.

Sinner Sinner still no order confirmation/cancellation email so I'll hold out hope that I got one. I'll do a investigation on the midsole air or no air. For a $100 price point; a part of me says they have zero air in the midsole, let alone full length air. One can tell if they take the insoles out. Look for a small dimple near the heel and again by the forefoot. That's usually where the air is.

I hear you but I don’t really care about paying resale twice. It’s more that on SX, for example, a buying price of $165 is like $200 after CA tax plus shipping and fees. That’s probably about as high as I’m willing to go, at least right now. But the idea of paying resale doesn’t bother me; all of these Nike prices are arbitrary, anyway. Thankfully these were so cheap at retail that a sizable resale markup still isn’t automatically super crazy.
This is one of the best Nikes of all time. It’s an icon. If I’m willing to pay $220 MSRP for (kind of crap) retro Jordans, I’m not gonna have a problem paying something like that for another pair of these if it’s the only choice.
That's true I pay 200 plus for Jordans and this is one of my favorite shoes of all time so now the resale purchase isn't bothering me so much now thanks to you lol.

That's true I pay 200 plus for Jordans and this is one of my favorite shoes of all time so now the resale purchase isn't bothering me so much now thanks to you lol.
:lol:
Glad to help LOL. But it’s totally true. At first I was doing the same thing, lamenting having to pay over. Then I was like, really, what am I even *****ing about, if these dropped online easy to get with an msrp of $180, I would’ve rolled my eyes but would’ve paid it instantly. I’d rather pay close to $200 for these than $154 after CA for those **** Air Raid retros. Just one example.
If I wanna complain about something, I’ll complain about how after all this time, THIS is how they choose to retro this shoe. It’s a bit bizarre. It’s why I half-expect a non-SB retro without the suede change to appear sooner than later.

Last edited:
:lol:
Glad to help LOL. But it’s totally true. At first I was doing the same thing, lamenting having to pay over. Then I was like, really, what an I even *****ing about, if these dropped online easy to get with an msrp of $180, I would’ve rolled my eyes but would’ve paid it instantly. I’d rather pay close to $200 for these than $154 after CA for those **** Air Raid retros. Just one example.
Facts.

May be in the minority but the SB branding on the tongue is a turn off. Want them below $200, will survey the scene for about a week cause the ship for retail has sailed
Would jb let a classic off brand take control of their own classic? I tend to agree the whole sb branding is back handed. This is a 1987 original spark plug model and genre. And just like the supreme tw ii line years ago, it’s being subjected to a second hand type of treatment.
This deserves the same treatment as the air max running line.
I’ll never forget the hoa treatment Nike air running got and the trainers get absolute scraps.

To your point lamekilla lamekilla the original 2003 SB paul browns DID NOT have any true sb branding. I’m sad that they got to change the label and insoles. I guess we take what we can get now sadly.

Other than the sb box, it was business as usual. Great quality beyond today’s standards.

Back
Top Bottom