OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

If you're examining your shoes THAT closely, then God help you.
I totally agree. We are talking here about 100€/$ shoes glued together by machines and underpayed workers. And not about 600€/$ handstiched or goodyearwelted Viberg boots or Santoni wingtips... :wink:
Just checking here if mines had a quality/QC problem but already have DMs confirming they were stock like this. Restoring/painting shoes being a part of my life you're so kind but I won't need no help from above really, my steady hand and some paint drops will be enough. I consider any paint job like this as botched, by hand, machine or underpaid. I'm alright if you feel comfortable with it, but work is already in progress on mines just because they deserve the upgrade. 100€/$ isn't cheap to everyone so keep that argument to your spoiled self. As a comparison on this picky point 2012s aren't perfect but the line is ok, and on 2007s black line is really crisp and flush on the edges, so they used to do it better.
Edit: reading the page, if you were talking about "rainking's gap" well that is still a flaw if not every shoe have it.
:lol: @ "rainking's gap." Sounds like an adult film, or the name of a location in a national park or mountain range LOL
It's not a matter of busting out the magnifying glass, it's that when you've had enough of these pass through your hands over the years, you notice certain things. I always do check shoes for properly glued soles, though. It's a holdover habit from the '90s when the shoes weren't assembled as precisely as today. I had to return tons of Nike hoops shoes back in the day for soles that ripped or peeled off. OG Flight Huarache outsole heels were terrible in that regard.

5C7EBE25-54BF-4BE0-8975-2759FF8C2023.jpeg

Happy with mine ...

Wide footer here, true size is 12.5. Would that be ideal or should I cop a 13? Also how are the materials 12.5 is significantly cheaper than a 13 are the materials soft & malleable for easier break in/stretch?

Wide footer here, true size is 12.5. Would that be ideal or should I cop a 13? Also how are the materials 12.5 is significantly cheaper than a 13 are the materials soft & malleable for easier break in/stretch?
I would stick to your true at 12.5

Also pretty surprising lately a lot of 12.5s have been cheaper than 13 or 12. Usually that's the expensive size.

I would stick to your true at 12.5

Also pretty surprising lately a lot of 12.5s have been cheaper than 13 or 12. Usually that's the expensive size.

Thank you, I placed a bid down. Would you compare these to remastered OG Jordan 1 highs in fit/feel? Or are they more similar to an AM1 or AM90?

I don't own any Air Max 1s because they are very tight in the toe area for me. in some ways they are similar to Jordan 1 but maybe a little bit more snug.

I actually like the idea w the collar kham kham . How hard is that to do for a novice?
Not hard at all, by hand and no need for a masking, this cloth liner is easy to work on. Took the pic during the process (pm me if you're interested in details) while it was still wet, but after heat setting and brushing it remains perfectly plush. It will prevent dirt from sneaking too much and be easier to clean.

Great info fellas. The chlorophylls that used to hit 6pm/Zappos. Those had visible glue stains and I passed 5-6 times over. I saw the general hate on the barely visible issues lately. I got to agree. I think I’ve grown past the magnify glass issues. These $100 retail caps are supreme.

shoes last 5-10 years. These are getting worn 2-3 times a week. So this is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom