OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

This looks like a nice option, but wouldn't it fill out your shoe? Meaning you'd need to size up in order to make it work?
Depends on how snug of a fit you normally wear in your shoes. I'm right in between a 9.5 and 10 so I normally go a size 10. You definitely have to pull out the existing insole. The Lunarlon insole will add a little bit of stack height especially in the heel. They do work better for mid and high top shoes. I have a pair of the Fragment AT1s that I use them in and makes them so much more comfortable to wear.

i did not order the Trainer but i ordered the white persian BW and the delivery service shipping them is skynet , went to my junk mail saying i need to confirm that customs would be paid ( not knowing what it was at the time ) i said ok please deliver

i paid the retail and shipping from Footpatrol which was $265 cdn after that !!!, i am only $50 above the Nike.ca and taxes etc , so i was ok with it , then skynet sent me my customs to pay. $89!!!!!! Canadian

wtf ! $354cdn for the BW ( i dont even pay that much for a Jordan ) like that is ridiculous, I am unsure how to self clear my items. Would that have saved me $89??
Yeah. I got dinged with a $100 duty and brokerage charge when I copped some Tatum 34s from StockX. Self-cleared them and I only ended up paying $17.

I gotta say. I absolutely love this model aesthetically but they just have never been comfortable as true daily wearers. Pinky toe crushers since at least 2001. I’ve been trying to wear down my 2012s awaiting these 2022s and they are just killing my feet. Extended wear is not ideal with these. Even the sbs hurt after awhile. I don’t think there is ever going to be a break in period that gets these shoes to a true comfort level. Same goes with the at3. If they’re not built for performance, they will never truly be comfortable.

The photons appear to be releasing in Asia. Nike Malaysia has them set for a 3/31 drop on ndc/snkrs. No word on stateside availability.

I gotta say. I absolutely love this model aesthetically but they just have never been comfortable as true daily wearers. Pinky toe crushers since at least 2001. I’ve been trying to wear down my 2012s awaiting these 2022s and they are just killing my feet. Extended wear is not ideal with these. Even the sbs hurt after awhile. I don’t think there is ever going to be a break in period that gets these shoes to a true comfort level. Same goes with the at3. If they’re not built for performance, they will never truly be comfortable.

The photons appear to be releasing in Asia. Nike Malaysia has them set for a 3/31 drop on ndc/snkrs. No word on stateside availability.

I go up 1/2 size on trainers and pinky has been ok for majority of time

2012 was my first and it grew to be one of my favorite sneakers of all time.. easily top 10, maybe 5. I wore my 2012 A LOT! Unstrapped I was able to wear them for few hours hours a week albeit while sitting mostly at work. But today my left pinky specifically hurts soon as I put my feet in them. I wore the SB pair for few hours yesterday unstrapped and toes were starting to be uncomfortable by the end of the day. I definitely think SB pair more comfortable even comparing 2012 when they were "broken in". I really wish I can try a 12.5 and 12 side by side to see if it'll make a difference. Hopefully I can land 12.5 in this 2022 pair too compare all 3.

It would be great for Nike to do a "Protro" of this shoe as they did with Kobe's. Older models with updates tech. But it seems for Tennis shoes are very different now and even cross trainers are not built like this. It's unfortunate specially for OGs who will never get that feeling again because Nike will just throw these together and put them out.

Ultra comfy compared to 2020´s SB
TTS for me (8,5 US)

E14C90E5-E938-4E9E-954E-8EBDCD708DA7.jpeg

I had to order 4 pairs to get a flawless pair… QC sucks!

3F17EE59-1D8D-4752-85A6-32EC851997B0.jpeg

Maybe mines have broken in over time but I haven’t had any notable discomfort at TTS in either the 2012 or the SB. Maybe .5 up for wide footers? I find the AT1 to be a decently comfortable shoe. Wouldn’t be able to wear them if they weren’t.

Tellin’ ya, pulling out the flimsy insoles and putting in the Lunarlons is a world of difference. Of course the material quality on the Fragments are so much better than the synthetic stuff they used on the previous AT1 releases probably contributes to the added comfort.

81C6F5DF-7A34-4D6D-8B13-F999D5A461FB.jpeg

Tellin’ ya, pulling out the flimsy insoles and putting in the Lunarlons is a world of difference. Of course the material quality on the Fragments are so much better than the synthetic stuff they used on the previous AT1 releases probably contributes to the added comfort.

81C6F5DF-7A34-4D6D-8B13-F999D5A461FB.jpeg
Would love to do this but they don't make a US 12 in that insole. Y problem if barely ever the midsole/insole comfort, more due to the upper and shape of the shoe.
Actually my 3m Fragment pair is pretty comfortable too, forgot about that one. But all are unstrapped because I do have a slightly wider foot.

Def. might only cop 1 and even consider that from there on. The AT3's sting after more than like 2 hours and it makes me not want to rock them. My Medicine Balls did not have the same affect.

My pair came in Friday just got back in town and picked them up. Compared to the 2012's I had the materials are better and I like the green vs the duller '12. As some have stated out of the box the shape is BOOF but they should be fine after some wear.
7567E0B4-B300-4229-950D-275176F3518A.jpeg

93711666-420E-461F-8A33-E5B7F20B33EB.jpeg

With the OG Challenge Court Polo

In my experience, SBs were comfortable. TTS and wore my first pair almost non-stop for more than a year and I never had any pinky issues or felt like they were uncomfortable. Never a shoe I thought about comfort on and would hesitate to wear to do anything that required lots of walking 🤷‍♂️

Speaking on comfort, I've always gone half to full size up on these and trainer 3s and never had too much pinky issue. With SBs I've had none at all at half size up and I'm a fairly wide foot. Course the problem with sizing up can be weird creasing, but quality of materials I think comes into it there...

Back
Top Bottom