OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

So get this.. Back when these initially released, there was a white/grey/black-radiant red colorway
Air-Trainer-High-fire-Red--Radiant-Red-6474-6479-1large.jpg

Pretty much just an accent color change with some added outsole color. Nothing too drastic.

Imagine the chlorophyll c/w done right, mesh toebox, and some bright infrared accent pieces... It would basically be an amped up version of the original varsity reds.. Nike doesn't look to simplicity.

This would be the extent of what I would deem to be "infrared" air trainer 1s
LL

*Note. Getting the right shade of infrared in PS is difficult. Just imagine a less orange more pinkish BRIGHT red color.. The accent colors would speak for themselves
----
Johngotty, my 2012s are holding up just fine as well. I do get some pinky toe discomfort (first time ever with an at1). Mine aren't creased either in the traditional sense after countless wears.. I do have what appears to be the 'leather' wrinkling where it should be creasing. You don't have any of that??

Last edited:
I sorta like the blocking on the infrareds... Its not too over the top, but its a step up from the simplicity of the chlorophylls... I think Nike sees these moving much better than the chlorophylls did by adding that pop on the outsole too :lol:

My latest pick up,,,,vvvnds worn once . There an 11.5 . They seem to run small because I bought sz11.5 in the most recent chlorophyll and those fit me perfect

^ Those appear to be the 2000's I think?  They did run a tad small as did the 2004 & 2008's (which ran almost one size too small).  They seemed to have rectified that sizing-issue in their most recent Chloro retro. 

^ Those appear to be the 2000's I think?  They did run a tad small as did the 2004 & 2008's (which ran almost one size too small).  They seemed to have rectified that sizing-issue in their most recent Chloro retro. 

Yes there the 2000, really bummed at the sizing . Makes the unwearable for me.... Oomph well

[h1]Nike Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium NPCE QS “Cruz II Victory”[/h1]
As part of a "NPCE" pack which also includes a Blazer and AF1, we get our first look at this new Air Trainer 1. This Nike Product Creation Experience (NPCE) Trainer 1 features an upper made of black leather, with a multi-color, patterned trim and paneling. 

The heel tab features a gradient pattern, and the clear outsole displays graphics underneath. A "Cruz II Victory" tongue tag finishes off the details. These will release September 7th, and retail for $120 at nike.com.

Saw those the other day. They're awful. They have some sort of corny salsa step on the bottom of the clear sole also.

roll.gif

All I can do is laugh at this point.

I give up on ever getting a proper retro of these in ANY original colorway.

This "NPCE" AT1 pretty much sums up where Nike is at these days.

*goes back to the Other Brands forum*

Johngotty, my 2012s are holding up just fine as well. I do get some pinky toe discomfort (first time ever with an at1). Mine aren't creased either in the traditional sense after countless wears.. I do have what appears to be the 'leather' wrinkling where it should be creasing. You don't have any of that??

Yeah, it's more of a wrinkle across the toebox instead of a crease/bend. It's very thin and stretches across parts of the toebox.

Those Cruz joints are bad news.

FYI: Not sure if it's been shared but Chlorophylls are in outlets now. While searching my size, the lowest price I found was $79.99.

The butcher shop is having a field day with this line.. Apologies on ruining everyones weekend and rest of the year.
http://www.nikeblog.com/2013/09/05/nike-air-trainer-1-low-safari-pack/
Nike-Air-Trainer-1-Low-SAFARI-Pack-4.jpg

Nike-Air-Trainer-1-Low-SAFARI-Pack-3.jpg

Nike-Air-Trainer-1-Low-SAFARI-Pack-2.jpg

Here is an elephant type/safari print OG... How do you regress after 26 years?
1988%20Air%20Trainer%201%20Low.jpg

This FT 1 low has an off color strap area and pulls it off just fine.. The three new ones, not so much
Trainer1LowFT.jpg

Heck, the only AT1 LOW I will ever consider purchasing is this one

Yes thats a photo of a beat pair of shoes, and I'd still buy them in that condition. Just a straight classic BASIC PERFECT example of colorblocking.

2004-at1-chlorophyll-low.jpg

My how time flies. It will be approaching 10 years since these were retroed. And before that 16 years. This shoe is beyond due for a retro.

e7325914296cacf3c32b56cdc42d395b7ad0fbd.JPG

Nike has officially turned a solid design into something little kids might not even want.. Something is way off with the new stuff.

Of the three, as crazy as this sounds, the black red looks the most appealing *If I had to choose. Seeing the classic chlorophyll dressed up for others amusement is saddening. I would take the MITA trainer dunk over this

I just think Nike needs to give proper retros before they screw up what would be a beautiful shoe... It would really please alot more people that way, instead of making cws like this that disgust true fans, and will rot on shelves... By giving the proper retro first, they will satisfy real fans, and possibly create new ones. After we get the retros we want, I could care less what funky colors they have next, but cmon nike, seems like common sense...

Anyone cop the Cruz Trainers today? I kinda like the way they look, but want to get my hands on them first.

Back
Top Bottom