OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Tried them on today... comfy.  Soft materials, as mentioned last time.

Still... the too much infrared on the medial side.  I like the infrared on the outrigger, but I guess given the design of the outsole, it also means that the toe-cap needs to be the same color. 

Looking at these more, I wish they could have had the back heel of the shoe be grey, like all of the other classic colorway combos. Something about black there throws off the shoe.

Even though this colorway had the navy toebox, and a few other elements that made it navy, the core base of the colorway stayed true to the OG. And as a result it remains a true favorite of mine
$T2eC16J,!%29!E9s2fBWywBRj!sev7Gw~~60_35.JPG
Why not try something like this with dark grey, black, and infrared? They went with a literal interpretation of the am90 infrared colorway.

Did they make anything above US SZ 11? So far I haven't seen much.

The inner portion that is leather is kind of a turn off. Other mesh based shoes had mesh in the toe and on the inner side.. But if its quality leather, i guess its not so bad. How's the leather? When Nike uses decent suede, and mesh, odds are the last component is just as good... It'd be sad to hear that it's great, mean whiile the 2012 chlorophylls suffered ALL around.

Last edited:
The materials were quite soft... on-par with this pack, if you've seen these upclose.  The leather, especially around the ankle collar, was the type that if you poked it lightly, you could see the creases instantly, but as soon as you stopped, the creases would be all gone. Not sure if that was the best way of describing it
laugh.gif
, but I would have wanted Nike to make a Chloro using these materials.  

Definitely different from the 2000's... for better or for worse.  Those had nice leather & suede, but it was much more stiffer than these.  The grey bits had more of a felt-texture to it. 

nike-air-vntg-pack-qs-summary.jpg

Interesting

The 90's and BW's most popular colorways

They're not bad, seen a lot worse from Nike

Yeah, those Infrared inspired joints are growing on me a lot.  

Anyone have them yet?  They run a tad small like the most recent Chlorophyll retros?  

The leather on the toe box of my recently retroed chloros is just dismal. Im talking embarrassing.

That mesh toe on the infrareds is calling me.......but That outsole needed to be white and that back black panel needed to be grey.  

You guys can splash neon over everything else but can you please just give us clean with nice materials without hype. 

I saw those wimbleton and US open tech challenges, you guys are perfectly capable of giving us nice retros. 

I hope the people who cried about creasing over the years realize the banana shapes and pain at the toes with each step is a direct result of their input. 

If i push down really hard with my toes the chloros look more OG shape wise  but it is still a banana like my retro 4's and banana atc2's.

We'll said !! I lost all hope in the quality if classic trainer retros until I purchased the latest air trainer sc qs from the vintage pack . The quality and materials used were absolutely incredible and I pray one day that we can get a trainer 1 chlorophyll and trainer 3 medicine ball with those same materials

Nike Air Trainer 1 Mid SP
Color:  Silver/Silver-Midnight Fog
Style Code:  635787-009

part of the monotones pack that is releasing with the AF1 and the air max 1.

546840179_x.jpg

546840880_x.jpg

I like the Air Trainer 1... I like the carbon fibre weave... but this is just... 
mean.gif
  IMO. 

I like everything EXCEPT the carbon toe.

A carbon strap would've been dope.

Looking into a pair of the chlorophylls, I wear a 9.5 in air max 1/90s. You think I should stick with my size or go up to a 10?
Thanks!

Looking into a pair of the chlorophylls, I wear a 9.5 in air max 1/90s. You think I should stick with my size or go up to a 10?
Thanks!
Depends on the year it was retroed. The latest ones are TTS, I think.  2008 and before run 0.5-1 size small.... I think.

Looking at these more, I wish they could have had the back heel of the shoe be grey, like all of the other classic colorway combos. Something about black there throws off the shoe.

Even though this colorway had the navy toebox, and a few other elements that made it navy, the core base of the colorway stayed true to the OG. And as a result it remains a true favorite of mine
$T2eC16J,!%29!E9s2fBWywBRj!sev7Gw~~60_35.JPG
Why not try something like this with dark grey, black, and infrared? They went with a literal interpretation of the am90 infrared colorway.

Did they make anything above US SZ 11? So far I haven't seen much.

The inner portion that is leather is kind of a turn off. Other mesh based shoes had mesh in the toe and on the inner side.. But if its quality leather, i guess its not so bad. How's the leather? When Nike uses decent suede, and mesh, odds are the last component is just as good... It'd be sad to hear that it's great, mean whiile the 2012 chlorophylls suffered ALL around.

These were a limited release at Footlocker Australia , $160AUD, the execution on the Infreared 90's Inspired is nice, but not my thing, prefer OG colorways, Im on the fence with the mesh also. From their website:

http://www.footlocker.com.au/sneaker-central/releases-1314-09/

Back
Top Bottom