OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

7FB67465-130E-4D08-BAE7-E8A922BA3A21.jpeg
7FB67465-130E-4D08-BAE7-E8A922BA3A21.jpeg

Best place to get AT1 replacement laces?
Spilled coffee on my frags and took my SBs hiking and although the shoes are now clean, the laces are destroyed.

Hopefully none of these releases are “hype” releases. . .
(But if that last Chlorophyll release has taught us anything, I highly doubt it will get any easier. . .)

Best place to get AT1 replacement laces?
Spilled coffee on my frags and took my SBs hiking and although the shoes are now clean, the laces are destroyed.
You can't clean the laces? Try dish soap with OXY clean. If nothing I feel regular flat laces work just measure the size on the old ones.

Good stuff johngotty johngotty . Did they ever truly have a 25th/30th/35th anniversary release? The 2004 rebirth kind of came out of nowhere at year 17. Every 3-4 years I anticipate a true birthday type bash. It still hasn’t happened. Now the air max series, they do them right with anniversaries consistently. The chlorophyll is as random as ever. It should be a 5 year window release always.

Any idea if the rebirth first takes are still wearable? My zoom trainers are long gone with glue issues.

Good stuff johngotty johngotty . Did they ever truly have a 25th/30th/35th anniversary release? The 2004 rebirth kind of came out of nowhere at year 17. Every 3-4 years I anticipate a true birthday type bash. It still hasn’t happened. Now the air max series, they do them right with anniversaries consistently. The chlorophyll is as random as ever. It should be a 5 year window release always.

Any idea if the rebirth first takes are still wearable? My zoom trainers are long gone with glue issues.

thank you my guy. best believe any chance they ask me to talk up Trainers, esp. the AT1, I'm going to take them up lol. only way we can keep the fire burning.

not sure what's on tap for '22, but i think we'll get some love. i mean they wouldn't include Travis if there were no plans to drop something.

I have no firsthand experiences wearing the First Takes. but those I know w them still lace up their pairs.

I would love a FT retro. The quality on the OG's were so nice.

same re: FTs. does anyone know exactly how many cws were released? b/c I don't recall seeing this blk/gum cw until this post.

^ I forgot about that colorway! But I think it's only those two.

Obvs, we need Wally to confirm!
Blacks remind me of these:
2631514068caceb1842c4cc791836abbe0facab_r.JPG

2004-2005 Nike Air Trainer 1 low FT (first take).. That shoe had the real scratched pitted nubuck, with a real leather toebox and real leather tongue. QUALITY for days.

These AT IIIs seem like they are more of an all felt material. It should be a pretty soft upper, if anything. No leather, but no pleather. I guess we take what I can get.

As for the at III med ball '14 retros, another 3 hour day breaking them in. Still hurting a bit on the pinky toes. Im really hoping that subsides. My toe seems to be right in that flex point where the rubber of the upper is (has nothing to do with the leather quality). Internally, it does seem that there are a few rough stitched edges that may need time to iron out.

I saw a fellow NTer a few posts back mention he still had the 09s.. What do you think when you compare the two? Two wears in and the toeboxes arent exactly creasing up like I thought they were. THey are still pretty soft, stand alone. But I do feel they will break in nicely. These will be worn up until christmas no doubt. By then those NDC buyers may know exactly what they are getting

thank you my guy. best believe any chance they ask me to talk up Trainers, esp. the AT1, I'm going to take them up lol. only way we can keep the fire burning.

not sure what's on tap for '22, but i think we'll get some love. i mean they wouldn't include Travis if there were no plans to drop something.

I have no firsthand experiences wearing the First Takes. but those I know w them still lace up their pairs.

same re: FTs. does anyone know exactly how many cws were released? b/c I don't recall seeing this blk/gum cw until this post.

Never seen before!?

Still got Black/Gum FT somewhere in my storage, but need some glue job for the outsole tho.

Still got Black/Gum FT somewhere in my storage, but need some glue job for the outsole tho.
Felt inspired today. I had worn these upon release weekly for many years. Got to wearing them today.
344F775A-A4FC-4A32-813E-0FABC8389D30.jpeg

The rubber outsole is a bit different of a material than the typical at1 or sc 2 or sc 1 or atiii. I think the rubber/foam can hold up. But the upper glue job is a big issue.

history wise, I think these released just months after the white grey colorway These two are the only known color ways I can recall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom