OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Welp, Footpatrol officially cancelled.. had a feeling 😩
Will appreciate if anyone can get some links that ship to USA for a UK 11.5/US 12.5 or UK 11/US 12.

Screenshot_20220325-135431.png

Something feels off about them the shape or something. Maybe its just me or my pair.

I noticed this on my left shoe was well. With the tissue-paper stuffed in, the shape looked a bit curved, but when I took it out and manipulated the upper a bit, then it looked ok. I'm sure when it's on-foot, it won't be an issue. But, yes... it was something I noticed as well.

These pics :nthat:
If no news about a US release comes through on the rumored April 1st date, will probably pull the trigger on an overseas pair then.

I noticed this on my left shoe was well. With the tissue-paper stuffed in, the shape looked a bit curved, but when I took it out and manipulated the upper a bit, then it looked ok. I'm sure when it's on-foot, it won't be an issue. But, yes... it was something I noticed as well.
Yes, after I caught up a bit on the thread I saw that the other pairs posted were similar. I figured with some wear it'll shape to where I want it.

Size hasn’t told me anything. Just that they have my $175 usd. I’d be fine with a cancellation at this point.

Some historical context. This shoe was wildly popular. The 1987 release followed a 1988 and then a 1990 and a 1993 (that I know of). There were a few releases that seemed to use almost a lime chlorophyll green too. But it wasn’t the original release so to speak. And then your custom McEnroe almost had an old tennis ball yellow tongue backing. I think there’s an old pair I’ve seen photos of that also had an off green sock liner element (maybe the insoles?).

This one seems more chlorophyll or lime. It also has black Nike text on the tongue.
60E6C3B4-3D1E-4676-8945-048EB0239A41.png
52F66712-34DC-4338-9550-439A92B52D60.png

Id have to see them in person but a part of me says this is more of that green spark green (used on the maxim at1), and others like the metcon inspired combo), but not quite the brighter lime green of the 04 zoom trainer 1 or 100% true to spec. It’s closer to spec than the chlorophylls but maybe on the wrong side of the green spectrum. That’s the stickler in me. These may be too blueish green and the chlorophylls too much of a yellow green. Truly take your pick I suppose. I welcome this change.

Also of of note, there were a few with the ribbing around the tongue and then some had that folded over look. I think the 87s had what the 2012s had and later editions went for the folded hidden stitch look. I’m sure we’ve discussed this over the years in this thread. I’m not sure what you want to classify as the perfect original release. There’s also those first take samples that could never be made. I suppose the initial 1987 widespread release was their goal here. But I could be wrong.

——
I’d say loosen the laces or just start over. Let the shoes breathe. That should open up to the real shape.

Size hasn’t told me anything. Just that they have my $175 usd. I’d be fine with a cancellation at this point.

Some historical context. This shoe was wildly popular. The 1987 release followed a 1988 and then a 1990 and a 1993 (that I know of). There were a few releases that seemed to use almost a lime chlorophyll green too. But it wasn’t the original release so to speak. And then your custom McEnroe almost had an old tennis ball yellow tongue backing. I think there’s an old pair I’ve seen photos of that also had an off green sock liner element (maybe the insoles?).

This one seems more chlorophyll or lime. It also has black Nike text on the tongue.
60E6C3B4-3D1E-4676-8945-048EB0239A41.png
52F66712-34DC-4338-9550-439A92B52D60.png

Id have to see them in person but a part of me says this is more of that green spark green (used on the maxim at1), and others like the metcon inspired combo), but not quite the brighter lime green of the 04 zoom trainer 1 or 100% true to spec. It’s closer to spec than the chlorophylls but maybe on the wrong side of the green spectrum. That’s the stickler in me. These may be too blueish green and the chlorophylls too much of a yellow green. Truly take your pick I suppose. I welcome this change.

Also of of note, there were a few with the ribbing around the tongue and then some had that folded over look. I think the 87s had what the 2012s had and later editions went for the folded hidden stitch look. I’m sure we’ve discussed this over the years in this thread. I’m not sure what you want to classify as the perfect original release. There’s also those first take samples that could never be made. I suppose the initial 1987 widespread release was their goal here. But I could be wrong.

——
I’d say loosen the laces or just start over. Let the shoes breathe. That should open up to the real shape.
Just did so and put them on....man I am FEELING these. First time owning a pair.
Chl.jpg

Size pump faking me with email ads. Order# tracking says still in processing status. Says placed>Processing so hopefully that’s a good sign.

Size? sent my pair via DPD.. wtf is that. Joints say April 5th for delivery :lol:... must be ludacris' gangg hand delivering these ****s.

Appreciate the reply and they could just be going down the line for orders placed. If they cancel I'll just try for 12.5 and 12 here. From some people's reviews here it seems I can do without the .5 and go with my true 12.

Received my pair from Size? today. Came in a bag but was double boxed. My only complaint is that they came tied super tight. I have never seen a pair come laced this tight lol.

IMG_8614.jpg
IMG_8615.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg
IMG_8617.jpg
IMG_8621.jpg

Something feels off about them the shape or something. Maybe its just me or my pair.

Welp, Footpatrol officially cancelled.. had a feeling 😩
Will appreciate if anyone can get some links that ship to USA for a UK 11.5/US 12.5 or UK 11/US 12.

Screenshot_20220325-135431.png

Yes, after I caught up a bit on the thread I saw that the other pairs posted were similar. I figured with some wear it'll shape to where I want it.

peacebrand peacebrand Damn. I just got my tracking number from Footpatrol 50 min ago for my sz 11. Figured that meant you were good, then saw your post.

LOL at that guy on IG going overboard. I know I need to see these in hand and I also know that, like a lot of shoes, once you loosen the laces and wear them the true shape becomes apparent. But praising the toe boxes on these as OG is OTT. It's clear as day from every photo posted that the toe boxes, as usual on virtually every modern retro, are nowhere near sleek and slanted like the OG. Still pumped to get my pair in, but I'm not gonna lie to myself about how truly OG they are. I bet the old iron would do nicely on these, though. Probably won't bother but depends on how mine come in.

Not sure what's going on with my Footpatrol order, want to see if anyone else is in the same boat. Online order tracking shows order placed since I bought the day of, my card is now charged as I paid through PayPal.

Seeing people already got theirs shipped from Size and Footpatrol or that the order is processing.

Feel like I should start hunting for a US 12.5 overseas in case it gets ordered. Have a very strong feeling I won't land that size here in the States.
check your junk mail , there will be a message from skynet(jd sports) wanting you yo say yes to customs fee, if you dont answer in 7 days they will return you order.

Mine were sent with the DPD and handed off to UPS here in the states. Arrived today. Double boxed and single bagged.
Got my "Order has been dispatched" email from size? today. Nowadays I don't bother buying shoes unless they're easy to get and for retail, but had to make an exception for these. Got rid of my 2008 loooong ago because they felt like cardboard on my feet so been waiting for a decent reissue of them.

CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL! there is a message from skynet courier (jd sports) they need you to A OK customs.

Yeah I got the same thing. Just waiting to see who they hand it off to so I can get the manifest/waybill and self-clear the package. I assume you ended up ordering your pair too? Lol (It’s me, Sig, btw)

CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL! there is a message from skynet courier (jd sports) they need you to A OK customs.

Is this SkyNet the shipping service or is it that DPD or whatever? Asking because my Footpatrol pair is coming by DPD but it hasn’t moved since the 23rd…No junk mail email either…

Fellas, DPD is super slow but you will get your shoes. You can also plug your DPD tracking number in the Pitney Bowes tracking search and sometimes it'll give you more of an update than DPD. I have had most of my Size?UK orders shipped by DPD to DHL eCommerce then to USPS for the last leg.

check your junk mail , there will be a message from skynet(jd sports) wanting you yo say yes to customs fee, if you dont answer in 7 days they will return you order.
I checked man but nothing. They already cancelled my order. I'm pretty sure because they over sold. I ordered pretty late after link was posted here. Wish I got up early in the morning to actually try. Wasn't thinking any of the places would ship to USA.
All good though just will wait it out for the release here.

I'd say these are a blueish green. Perhaps darker/fuller than green spark.

It's a nice shade that differs from the paler green we've seen previously.

I gotta say the correct toe perforations make a huge difference aesthetically. I’ve been so used to the usual retro perf that I didn’t think it’d matter too much. So I guess that means I’m in for a pair. :lol:

You are in my guy. Hop off the fence lol.

Back
Top Bottom